POPpers are back from POP 9/29-10/6 and made GREAT friends!Chat until next trip!!

What is your Fave PArk in WDW?

• Magic Kingdom

• Animal Kingdom

• MGM Studios

• EPCOT

• I can't decide!!! I Love them all the Same!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PJ- Wow that's scary! I'm glad your okay. Isn't that your new car that you've had for a few months?

:

No, I'm getting the new car in feb of 2008. I have decided on a 2008 honda cr-v in grey.

Cat- Horrible news and yes too many young kids doing hardcore drugs these days. One of the things we've been seeing here in nyc is a lot of extasy overdoses. Crystal meth seems to just be comming in to the city. Still It is so sad and he was way too young and the fact that his poor family and friends have to go thru this. Prayers for his family and his friends, may they get thru this with strenght.

So my car is fixed, end result- the master cylinder blew out. It was $200, which i was happy to find out cause i expected to have to dish out like $500. I mean just say it " master cylinder" does'nt it just sound expensive?

Hi everyone,
My New Year's resolution is to check in more often. We have just been super busy and getting on here has not fit into my schedule.
I don't have time right now to read back (need to go get the oil changed) but I hope everyone is doing well. Found out yesterday Terry starts his return home trip on the 7th of January, so I am a little over a month out before he is back! I CRIED when I opened the e-mail. What else.... Ry celebrated his 10th Birthday on Sunday. I can't believe we have entered the land of double digits! Yikes! My PQ busines is going really good. Slowing down a bit now that we are approaching the holidays, but last month was my highest month ever! It was awesome.
Michelle - I live about an hour from Tucson. Which store wants to carry your stuff?
*hugs* to everyone else. I miss you guys and will make more of an effort to stop in and say hello!!!

Cat- Horrible news and yes too many young kids doing hardcore drugs these days. One of the things we've been seeing here in nyc is a lot of extasy overdoses. Crystal meth seems to just be comming in to the city. Still It is so sad and he was way too young and the fact that his poor family and friends have to go thru this. Prayers for his family and his friends, may they get thru this with strenght.

?

I just dont get it. I just dont. We live in a foo-foo snotty little suburb, with all the bells and whistles. Wth is wrong with these kids? Apparently (according to Joey) Heroin and Coke are big. :confused3 Like I said - what happened to weed? :confused3

And here's his Obit - and Pic: So f'n sad.

Erik P. Yessa, loving son of Kevin and Jacqueline Yessa, nee Buck; dear brother of Steve and Amanda; grandson of Sue and the late William Yessa, Wanda Starczynski and Dennis Buck. Visitation Wednesday, 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Funeral Thursday, 10:30 a.m., at Adams-Winterfield &Sullivan Funeral Home, 4343 Main St. (1 blk. So. of Ogden Ave.), Downers Grove. Interment Bronswood Cemetery. 630-968-1000 or www.adamswinterfieldsullivan.com

Published in the Chicago Tribune on 12/4/2007.

erikyessa.jpg

I guess what Im saying.... here, I wasnt in High School that freakign long ago. And my circle of friends were all punk and stoners - metal heads, all 'those' people.

And we all were treated really bad by society in a whole - people thought these kids I hung with were major drug users and all that. Thing is, seriously - very few of my friends did anything, and the ones who did, smoked weed. Big whoop. Oh - a lot of cigarette smokers too - but whatever....

So, I was like - how is this possible??

Im not making sense.... OKAY - this boy, Erik - they had talks with him about heading to UCLA upon graduation for a Volleyball scholarship. These kids doing this are the 'upper class' jocks & cheerleaders.

So I told my g/f Lora about it - and she said, thats what it was like when she was in school - and I was floored. I was considered a 'bad kid' with the other bad kids, and we werent BAD!!!

I dont know what Im trying to say. It just shocks me, I guess.

Cat - It's sad people read into such stereotypes :o( The Dr's office I work part time in is in a ery upscale part of our city. Mansions, Bentley's, more money than I would ever know what to do with !

I can't tell you how many young girls from 13-17 we see that are soooo messed up. You would think ( in stereotype) that they have the perfect life. Many of them are addicted to the major drugs, get STd's every other month, ect. it really scares me.

Just a few weeks ago one of our patients died. She was trying to remain skinny and started eating cotton so she felt full. No one knew about it. Well, when cotton balls go through your freaking digestive track they stretch out. It would all through her intestines and strangled her insides. No one new what happened until it was too late.

My husband works for the Colorado Drug task force and he says that Pot is the least of the worries in high school anymore ! Good grief !

I want my babies to stay young !

I got in!!!! I will be in merchandise! :cool1: :yay: :woohoo:

:cool1: Congrats!!!

NOw are you ready for this?? He is a new daddy with another on the way, has a new mortage and a ton of bills from the move. 1 month before the holidays, this creep has gotten him and one other guy suspended for 90 days without pay because someone left one peice of mail in the letters carrier 1 extra day. Meaning that if you were expecting a regular mailed bill on tuesday, instead you got it wednesday. Were not talking express or pirorty mail, just normal 39 cent stamp regular mailed envolpe. There is nothing his union can do for either of the men, so its no pay for 3 months and sit at home. Heres the problem that route is sharred by 6 other letter carriers, so any one of them could have by mistake left the one piece of mail in the carrier.
Aww, that really is sad. Where is PA are they? I hope maybe he can request a transfer somewhere else.
Sadly i also have bad news.

A FDNY Lieutenant Died today he was 38. He died of double lung cancer thought to be caused by the world trade center collapse. When does it end?? I did not know him, but will go to his funreal. It just stinks right before the holidays, not sure if he was married or had kids. I kinda hope he did'nt in a way. Kids should not have to go thru that at christmas.
:sad2:

Hi gang,
Whats up?? I'm beat and it was a quiet night at work. Great news, we got a expresso machine at the fire house!! It was after my 3rd expresso that i noticed that i could'nt sit still and began to clean the fire house.:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper2: :hyper2:

:rotfl: I do the same thing when I drink coffee.

PJ -

My business is starting to wind down ( THANK GOODNESS !) for the Holidays. I was only accepting appointments through Dec 1st. Soooo... that is freeing up much more of my time !

If anyone here wants to send me pictures to make you a Christmas card - feel free. I can make them as 4X6 or 5X7 and then email you the file to print out on your own. I normally charge people but I love all my Pop friends <wink!>. You can email the pics to me at loripadillaphotography@gmail.com and just let me know the names and everything you want on the card !

Aww that's so nice! I'll have to quick look for some pics.

Ok here's a cute movie. For years this has been a prank in the FDNY, by now most guys know about it and don't fall for it. I guess one did. It involves telling the new guy that he needs to train for rope rescues and a bucket of water, here watch the outcome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNLSlpZ0VyM
I don't get it. What's the joke?
Thanks you guys, I know it's silly, but I always feel like i can come here and type and cry and it's ok. So, however corny that sounds - i want you to know that I appreciate it.
:hug:

Hi gang,

You gotta love the way things work out, or don't sometimes. So its like 3 weeks before x-mas and i'm going to alantic city next week, so why should'nt something go wrong, right?/ I'm driving my car on a major highway here doing about 70mph. I go to step on my brakes and the brake pedal falls to the floor, there is no response from my brakes. I have no brakes out of no where. I begin to panic and then calm my self down and start thinking what the heck to do, i'm still doing around 60 mph. I had to use my emergency brakes to stop the car and it took my like a mile and a half to get it to stop. So right now my car is in the shop, i had to have it towed.

They think its the master cylender, which is like a $250 piece alone with out labor. YAY, nothing like unexpected bills right before the holidays. :banana: :sad2: :guilty:
:scared1: That would freak me out! I probably would've just layed on the horn.

And speaking of death - one of Joey's friends, died. There was a big group of friends, but split into 2 groups - the users and the non-users. And unfortunately his buddy was a user. But *** is with kids these days? Mixing stuff? I mean, *** happened to weed? Good ol' marijuana??? It cant kill you!!!
:guilty:

Tia, do you live anywhere near Tuscon? I was just contacted by a boutique in Tuscon that wants to carry my chunky charm line! YIKES! We're still chatting about it and wholesale costs etc.

:thumbsup2 That's great!!!

Hi everyone,
My New Year's resolution is to check in more often. We have just been super busy and getting on here has not fit into my schedule.
I don't have time right now to read back (need to go get the oil changed) but I hope everyone is doing well. Found out yesterday Terry starts his return home trip on the 7th of January, so I am a little over a month out before he is back! I CRIED when I opened the e-mail. What else.... Ry celebrated his 10th Birthday on Sunday. I can't believe we have entered the land of double digits! Yikes! My PQ busines is going really good. Slowing down a bit now that we are approaching the holidays, but last month was my highest month ever! It was awesome.

:cool1: Yay! He'll be home soon!

Just a few weeks ago one of our patients died. She was trying to remain skinny and started eating cotton so she felt full. No one knew about it. Well, when cotton balls go through your freaking digestive track they stretch out. It would all through her intestines and strangled her insides. No one new what happened until it was too late.
:confused3 What would make her think of that?That's so sad.

What is everyone buying/bought their kids for Christmas ?

Well I got DD a Little Tikes Real Digital Camera (half price at $20!!!), a Mickey doll from WDW (the little one), 2 Disney cups, a Disney princess figurine set, and a Cinderella jumprope from the $$ store. Since her b-day is so close to Christmas, I like to wait and see when the grandparents get her so I don't dupe. HOWEVER, she just walked in and said," Mommy I want a pink kitchen.":rotfl:

So I'm BACK!!! It was fun, and the weather was nice and warm. It rained only one day, and in the morning. I LOVE the Beach Club. So does DD. I want to go back. Didn't love POP as much this time. When you go from a Villa to Pop, its just not good. I had to wait at least 30 minutes each time just to board a bus. We also liked BEACH CLUB much better than Boardwalk, but walking to MGM was nice. AND, I saw Samantha Brown filming a new Christmas special!

Cat--You are going to WDW in Jan, right? I may have something for you and Danny to use.

Two of those passes that you can use as a fastpass to any ride at MK...even non-fastpass rides (i.e. Dumbo). We got them because Goofy's Barnstormer broke when we were about to get on, but the lines were all less than 5 minutes so I couldn't "waste" them. You have to promise not to resell them on ebay for a healthy profit (they go for a lot!!!) and to let me know how big a line you end up bipassing.:goodvibes PM me your addy. They expire Jan 31.

Two of those passes that you can use as a fastpass to any ride at MK...even non-fastpass rides (i.e. Dumbo). We got them because Goofy's Barnstormer broke when we were about to get on, but the lines were all less than 5 minutes so I couldn't "waste" them. You have to promise not to resell them on ebay for a healthy profit (they go for a lot!!!) and to let me know how big a line you end up bipassing.:goodvibes PM me your addy. They expire Jan 31.

Oooooo!!! :cool1: Coolio!!

Im not gonna sell them! SHEESH!!! :rolleyes: :laughing:

That'd be awesome-ness! YAY! :yay:

Ill take a picture of us on what ride we pick, kay? :dance3:

I know where that is! :) Good luck to you!

So this has FLOWN by, which I am personally grateful for. Ryan is in his first play starting tonight so we have had rehearsal every night this week. But I volunteered to help back stage which i am loving! It is bringing me back to my theatre days.

For X-Mas Ry is getting Guitar Hero III, lots of movie, a new bike and a few other odds and ends. Most of which is Disney, which I know I can only get away with because Terry isn't here! haha! Terry is getting a 360 Elite for when he comes home and so far I am getting nothing! But... I will do some shopping for myself. Terry usually hooks me up, but this year since he is not here I have to do it myself.

Trying to plan a quick trip to DL. But it is so flipping expensive I would rather go to WDW, although I can easily drive to DL. Might not happen, but I am still on the lookout for a great deal. Lori may come out at the end of December, so maybe we will just have to watch Disney movies and pretend we are there!

Life is going pretty good, just crazy busy but that's awesome because it makes the time go by much quicker! If anyone would like to send a stocking to a soldier this year, let me know and I can get you the info. It's a great program that does not cost a whole lot but really shows support for those men and women who can't be home with their families. A DIS friend put Terry on the list to get some Dunkin coffee which he will love. It is little things like that, that make such a difference!

Anyway, Ry wants to run lines so I gotta run. Have a beautiful afternoon!!!

Tia -
Ryan will do great tonight. Ella is taking a nap right now but I have to get her up and ready here in a little bit for her Chrismtas recital as well starting tonight ! I charged the camcorder but the he*& if I know where any tapes are - leave it to me !!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend !

Hi gang,

So todays the day!!! I'm going to the bogata at alantic city. If i hit for millions i'll buy you all annunal's passes!! On a side note we got 2 brand new guys like, just got out the FDNY academy yesterday guys. We get a run for a 911 call of a person hit by by car while walking across the street. We get there and this poor woman has a severely fractured leg, its really a bad broken leg. The new guy decides to puke everywhere. You do know we will not let him live this down!

Ok i gotta go get ready to leave wish me luck!!

PJ--OH no! Is that a normal recruit thing? You'd think he would've gotten that out of his system in training. Good luck!

Timmy texted me (and i'm sure some others) and said she's doing okay but doesn't have internet right now. She's updating on her blog. Keep her in prayers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter