Pop, Pop, Poppity-Pop! A November 2014 trip report

Breakfast was over and we were heading into adventureland!

My dad was really sore still from all the walking the past two days and his knee was giving him some trouble so he said he wanted to go back to the room and relax and meet back up with us later for dinner.

So we said goodbye to him and walked across the bridge into Adventureland.

Abi loved these guys.

548.JPG

We walked straight through, back to Frontierland, because we wanted to try to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad first but it was closed down. So we decided to skip Splash and head straight back into Adventureland to go to Pirates before it got too crowded.
The girls were a little nervous but ended up loving it.

549.JPG

550.JPG

551.JPG

In fact, they loved it so much that once we got off... we went right back to ride it a second time!

553.JPG

554.JPG

Maddy decided she really wanted a pirate toy so she got out her gift card and got a Jake and the Neverland pirates play set (which we sent to the front of the park to pick up later. ) and then she traded pins with the cashier.

555.JPG

After Pirates we went to the Jungle "Jingle" Cruise.
It was all decked out with a Christmas theme.
And this had a long line.
Last time we were there it was walk on anytime we went past it but not this trip. It was always busy.
We were in line for probably 25-30 minutes.

556.JPG

Even the boats names got Christmas make overs.

557.JPG

Our boat- Icicle Irma

558.JPG

559.JPG

560.JPG

Cute little guys...

561.JPG

Next we went to the Tiki Room

562.JPG

563.JPG

564.JPG

I have to say it.
The girls were both bored out of their minds in this one.
I thought they might like all the birds singing and swinging and all of it. But both said they never wanted to go in there again.

Next up: More adventureland

We had just left the Tiki Room and we wanted to meet Jasmine with Aladdin. They were just going in for their break but there were people lined up still for when they came out again. So we had Doug grab us a spot in line while I took the girls to the bathroom and then to get a snack.

They loved the little orange bird they kept seeing on things so we wanted to try the Citrus Swirl at the Sunshine Tree Terrace.

We got in line with them.

It was a little warm but mostly humid so they were melting fast but were so refreshing!

Maddy LOVED it. She had such a hard time sharing it with me.

565.JPG

Finally it was our turn to talk to Aladdin and Jasmine!
Unfortunately, the missing photopass pictures include the ones with them. But at least I took a bunch of my own photos too so I still have them!

566.JPG

Jasmine made a big deal of Abi's hair.
"You're hair looks just like mine!!"
That made Abi so happy.

567.JPG

She also pointed out Abi's sticker earings and rings too.
They are so good at noticing all of those little details that make kids so happy

569.JPG

570.JPG

Maddy felt that it was really important to tell Aladdin and Jasmine something.
"I have to drink really yucky medicine."
Jasmine started laughing and took a minute to stop.
It was so funny.

571.JPG

572.JPG

They were a great meet and so much fun!

573.JPG

We headed for the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse next.

574.JPG

It was extremely crowded.
So basically a slow walk up the steps

575.JPG

576.JPG

I had heard a lot about the Columbia Harbour House so we decided to head there for lunch today.
So we went over to Liberty Square.
The restaurant was really cute.
And really crowded.
However, the line went really fast so it wasn't a problem.

577.JPG

We got in line and ordered and then had Doug and the girls run upstairs while I waited for the food so that he could get us a table.
We had a great table overlooking the area between Fantasyland and Liberty Square with a perfect view of Rapunzel's tower.
It was great.
Mom got the battered fish with fries. She said it was okay

578.JPG

Doug got the shrimp with fries and said it was really good.

579.JPG

The girls both got tuna fish sandwiches with fries. These were really cute in the shape of a fish.. but huge so neither one could finish it.
Maddy got applesauce with it and Abi got a cookie.

580.JPG

581.JPG

I got chicken nuggets and fries. they were fine.
All of us adults got the little chocolate cakes for our dessert but didn't eat them.
We put them in our bags for later.

582.JPG

Our view....

583.JPG

It was a really nice little break.

Yay for the girls liking Pirates so much!

I'm glad Jasmine noticed Abi's hair and accessories! Definitely sounds like a fun meet!

The tuna sandwiches do look cute! And great view!!

Just found your report! I am loving it so far! Your daughters are adorable and look like they had fun!

Yay for the girls liking Pirates so much!

I'm glad Jasmine noticed Abi's hair and accessories! Definitely sounds like a fun meet!

The tuna sandwiches do look cute! And great view!!

Yeah. I was so happy that they liked it...and that we beat the crowds so we could ride it again so fast. It was definitely a fun memory!
Oh yeah. It was a great meet. I will have some more pictures from it up soon.
The sandwiches were adorable.

Just found your report! I am loving it so far! Your daughters are adorable and look like they had fun!

YAY!:welcome: We were having lots of fun so I am glad it is coming across.

What a pretty view out the window during lunch! How awesome that Jasmine noticed the little details.

It was so pretty and so relaxing to look out the window while we were eating.
Jasmine was great!!

SO-
I emailed the Disney memory maker and asked if there was anyway to access my photos or if they had been deleted.
I explained that I had downloaded them in the window but that some hadn't downloaded properly. I did that yesterday.
I got a reply already today and they opened up my window for the next few days so I could get into my pictures again for free.
I was amazed that they did that for me.
I was able to get in, find all of the photos that hadn't made it to my computer before, and get all of them.
Yay! Disney customer service once again proves how awesome they are!!

Here are the missing photos from our 1900 Park Fare dinner on Maddy's birthday!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Grand_Floridian_Resort_and_Spa_7094835773.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Grand_Floridian_Resort_and_Spa_7094835777.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Grand_Floridian_Resort_and_Spa_7094836344.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Grand_Floridian_Resort_and_Spa_7094836348(1).jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Grand_Floridian_Resort_and_Spa_7094836350.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Grand_Floridian_Resort_and_Spa_7094836352(2).jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Grand_Floridian_Resort_and_Spa_7094836354(1).jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Grand_Floridian_Resort_and_Spa_7094836358.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Grand_Floridian_Resort_and_Spa_7094836360(1).jpg

And here are the Memory Maker photos from before breakfast at Crystal Palace and with Aladdin and Jasmine!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7095136668(1).jpg

This next one cracks me up. Maddy looks sooo excited about Tinkerbell.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7095136670.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7095136672.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7095308022.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7095308024.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7095308026.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7095308028.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7095308030.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7095308031.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7095308035.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7095308037.jpg

Just read the entire report! Looks like a fun trip so far! SO happy that you were able to recover your missed photos! They are all great! Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!

That is awesome that you were able to recover your lost pictures! They are all so cute! :)

Yeah, I was so excited! And so happy that they would do it for me for free too.
There were more missing that I was able to recover but they will just be in the report as I go along as these were the only ones from the days I had already reported.

Just read the entire report! Looks like a fun trip so far! SO happy that you were able to recover your missed photos! They are all great! Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!

:welcome:Glad to have you along! Thanks for reading.
It was such a fun trip. I can't wait to write more!:goodvibes

After lunch we walked over to check on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad but the line was crazy long so we decided we would try it another day.

Instead we rode the Liberty Belle Riverboat.

It was a nice, relaxing ride.

The girls took the time to be really silly.

584.JPG

Abi borrowed my notebook and Grandma's pen to draw a picture of Grandma.
We could tell it was going to be a silly picture by how much she was laughing while drawing it.

585.JPG

Yep. Silly picture.

586.JPG

587.JPG

Next we headed to Haunted Mansion for our Fast pass time.
I was worried that Maddy would be too scared since she was proving on the trip to get "creeped out" a lot. There were a few moments when she said, "This is creepy!" but for the most part she was fine. And the rest of us loved it as usual.

588.JPG

I heard that Mr. Toad's headstone was in the cemetery here so we made a point to look for it since Doug loves Wind in the Willows so much.
There he is!

589.JPG

We were heading to Tomorrowland next.
We went through the Tangled area on our way and used the restrooms here. Such awesome theming!

590.JPG

We went to the Carousel of Progress first. This was my mom's first time seeing this and the girls' first time as well.
Abi wasn't too excited. She wanted to ride more "fun" rides.
But I think by the time it was done she was won over.

591.JPG

After that we walked over to Space Mountain for our fast pass.
Maddy was too little to go on it and my mom didn't really like it when she rode it with me at Disneyland 15 years ago, so she stayed out with Maddy.
Maddy was happy to sit and get a turn at coloring in the notebook.

592.JPG

Abi loved it! I screamed the whole way as usual. It was really fun.

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINB_7095504291.jpeg

Abi wanted me to take a picture of us on the tv as we went up the ramp after.

593.JPG

In the gift shop afterward, Abi used some of her money for cotton candy to share with Maddy.

594.JPG

595.JPG

597.JPG

Next we rode the TTA.
It's a fun little ride.

598.JPG

599.JPG

After that we went to the Barnstormer for our next Fast pass.
The line wasn't too long so we decided to ride stand-by first so Abi could ride it twice if possible. Last time she rode it four times in a row and it was one of our only long lines. So we figured this would be the best way to do it.
We still waited about 15-20 minutes.
Maddy was a little nervous.

600.JPG

And she was terrified.
Maddy screamed the whole time and cried for a minute after we got off because it scared her so bad. Dang. Lesson learned. It is a short little kid ride but it really does go pretty fast.
Abi was really excited that she would be able to go again with the Fast Pass because the line did get pretty long while we were riding the first time.
Doug and I stayed off with Maddy and Abi just went on again with my mom .
I was able to get them on the ride. Hard to see but there they are...

601.JPG

602.JPG

We wanted to ride Dumbo next. The line looked pretty crazy.

Right about then my Dad left me a message saying he was back at the park.

I told him to meet me up in the hallway through the castle.

I had Doug and my mom take the girls in to get in line for Dumbo.

I ran to the castle and made it there a few minutes before my Dad arrived.

We walked back to Dumbo and told the people giving out buzzers that we had a party inside.

We met up with them inside.

I thought the girls would be playing in the play area but they didn't want to because it was so loud and crazy and crowded.

So we all sat on a bench and waited for the buzzer to go off.

603.JPG

604.JPG

We got outside finally and were set to get on the next Dumbo ride... and it broke down.
So then we had to go back through the building and go back out the other side which put us back farther in line again.
The funniest thing about that was by the time we got up to the same spot on the other side, we could see our original Dumbo up and running.
Oh well.
We were finally on our elephant and having fun!
You can see my mom and Abi right in the center between the blue bars. My mom has the hat on.

605.JPG

Doug and Maddy are in the elephant by the Barnstormer sign.

607.JPG

First shot where you can see both of them.
Doug and Maddy right by the center of the ride and my mom and Abi in the green elephant right behind them.

609.JPG

610.JPG

When we were done here it was time to head over to our dinner reservation.
I was VERY excited for this reservation!
Maddy wanted to walk so Abi got a turn in the stroller. She thought that was hilarious.

612.JPG

We passed Belle's village but didn't stop right then . But I did have to grab a picture of Gaston's tavern with the Beast's castle in the background.

614.JPG

Where are we going for dinner? Up next...

Abi's face while Grandma holds up the drawing- so cute!!

Looks like fun times in Tomorrowland!

Aww poor Maddy on Barnstormer :(

Sounds like such a hassle at Dumbo, but nonetheless you got on and that's all that matters. You got great pics!

Cannot wait to hear about dinner!!

Abi's face while Grandma holds up the drawing- so cute!!

Looks like fun times in Tomorrowland!

Aww poor Maddy on Barnstormer :(

Sounds like such a hassle at Dumbo, but nonetheless you got on and that's all that matters. You got great pics!

Cannot wait to hear about dinner!!

Isn't it!? So funny!
Yeah it was a good time. We had a great time.
Dinner was the best!

I was SO excited for our dinner this night. Be Our Guest was built since our last visit so we had never had the pleasure of eating there (or seeing it even) and Beauty and the Beast is my favorite animated Disney movie.

So, yeah, eating at the Beast's castle had me giddy.

We checked in and were soon making our way across the bridge to go in.
The details were amazing.

615.JPG

The front door...

616.JPG

617.JPG

I wore the Beauty and the Beast stained glass shoes that I painted for the occasion.

618.JPG

Soon we were about to go in.
The CM gave Abi a Lumiere to hold to light our way in.

619.JPG

Going in...

620.JPG

This photo I did not take. It was in the stock photos with my Memory Maker. But this shows how amazing it is better than my pictures.
I was in absolute awe walking in.

MK_BEOURGUESTCHAR_7095769659.jpeg

My pictures.
I seriously was heaven walking through here.
It was simply beautiful in every way.

621.JPG

We were led into the West Wing to our table.
I was pretty excited to get this room.

622.JPG

We were right next to the painting of Adam/ the Beast.

623.JPG

And behind us was the Enchanted Rose.

625.JPG

Our napkins were folded to look like roses.

627.JPG

After ordering I decided to wander around the restaurant a bit and take some more pictures.
Looking out to the ballroom from the West Wing.

628.JPG

There was "magical snow" falling outside the windows behind the Christmas tree. It was so beautiful.

630.JPG

Seriously... this ceiling. Those chandeliers.
Amazing.

631.JPG

633.JPG

pposite of us on the other side of the ballroom was the Rose Gallery. We kept calling it the music box room.

635.JPG

637.JPG

640.JPG

644.JPG

Continued in next post...

Looking back into the West Wing.

645.JPG

It was truly an Enchanted Rose.

648.JPG

MK_BEOURGUESTCHAR_7095769660.jpeg

Doug and I both had the steak with pomme frites (fries) and vegetables.

It was SO good. Perfect.

649.JPG

My dad had the chicken. He said it was good.

650.JPG

Maddy got the Mac and Cheese. Maddy didn't eat much but said it was good.

651.JPG

I ordered the tomato soup with grilled cheese meal for Abi but asked if I could substitute fries. I thought that meant they would be substituted for the grilled cheese (Abi doesn't like grilled cheese very much but loves tomato soup) but when they brought out her plate they had substituted them for the soup. She was really sad and since she is so sensitive that had her in near tears.
I clarified with the CM what we had wanted.
She wasn't a very friendly CM and kept saying that is just how it is.
I have had enough experience with awesome CM's at Disney to know that in most cases such as this they would not have a problem changing this so I pushed for it. And finally she brought out a small bowl of tomato soup.
I felt bad that she wasn't that great but was very grateful that she finally did help us out.
Every other CM we dealt with here was awesome by the way so it really is rare, in my experience, to have anyone that ever gives you a hard time.

652.JPG

My mom had the salmon. She said it was great.

654.JPG

Abi couldn't eat much of the soup as it was quite a big bowl but she was happy to have it.

655.JPG

The pretty menu.

656.JPG

We all had the Grey Stuff for dessert. It was really good.
Abi didn't like it very much but she did like the brownie part underneath it.

658.JPG

A different CM (the one that brings around the desserts in a rolling cart (yes, really, they do that. So cool. ) brought out an extra dollop of grey stuff with a candle in it with a card signed by Belle and the Beast.
I accidentally left the card there after dinner which was really sad but we would try to get it back later...

659.JPG

After dinner we got to go meet the Beast!

662.JPG

I wondered if the girls would be wary of him because of his size but...
nope! Maddy ran right up to him and gave him a hug.

MK_BEOURGUESTCHAR_7095766572.jpeg

I was loving every minute of this night.
Our little family..

MK_BEOURGUESTCHAR_7095766574.jpeg

And all of us...

MK_BEOURGUESTCHAR_7095770422.jpeg

On the way back out I had to take a picture of these guys. You could hear them talking.

664.JPG

My dad kind of has crazy eyes in the above picture. Ha.
And then we had to stop at the stained glass window!!
Someday I really want an awesome library in my house with a fireplace, window seats, wall to wall bookshelves with a rolling ladder, and this stained glass.

666.JPG

Holding up my shoe next to it...

667.JPG

668.JPG

I really felt like a kid the entire time we were here.
It was magical!
On our way out I had to take pictures of the other stained glass windows too.

669.JPG

671.JPG

Goodbye for now Be our Guest...
we will see you again another day!

As we left the restaurant and walked back through Fantasyland I had to get a picture of the castle all lit up.

673.JPG

And back toward Be Our Guest..

675.JPG

Fantasyland was all lit up. And beautiful.

676.JPG

677.JPG

679.JPG

I also wanted to take pictures of the cute Mickey's Christmas Carol window displays on Main Street.

680.JPG

681.JPG

682.JPG

683.JPG

684.JPG

685.JPG

We picked up the toy that Maddy had picked out earlier from the front of the park.

We got on the bus and headed back to POP.

We went to the pool to swim a bit but the kiddie pool was closed and the regular pool was too cold so we only stayed a few minutes before going back to our room, bathing, and watching Duffy's bedtime stories before going to bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter