Pop, Pop, Poppity-Pop! A November 2014 trip report

you will LOVE AoA!!! especially the girls!! Oh i do hope you stay here one day!

SO SORRY the hubster got sick!!! poor guy! where did you guys eat again? i must remember not to roast beef!
Waiting for the nest installment need to know if everyone is healthy!

*warning, I just got my tablet and this is the first bit of text I've typed using it*

What a bummer that he got sick, but at least you were able to make it work for a different night without the cancel charge.

looks lie you madv the best of the nightbtougj.

*warning, I just got my tablet and this is the first bit of text I've typed using it*

What a bummer that he got sick, but at least you were able to make it work for a different night without the cancel charge.

So sorry he got sick!! I think I will be skipping the Electric Umbrella during our next trip...haven't really heard great things any way!!

We stayed at AoA during our trip in November 2012 and it was great...we stayed in the LM rooms. I loved this resort. We are staying at Pop this coming trip in November but I do hope I have some time to walk over to AoA !

Great pics with Belle! They really do make it kind of tough to meet her!

I'm sorry about Doug :( At least it didn't really ruin any plans you had at the park. But ugh! Stinks that you had to cancel dinner for that night. At least you were able to reschedule it, even if it meant unfortunately missing Garden Grill.

Aw sounds like you still had a fun night with the girls!!

you will LOVE AoA!!! especially the girls!! Oh i do hope you stay here one day!

SO SORRY the hubster got sick!!! poor guy! where did you guys eat again? i must remember not to roast beef!
Waiting for the nest installment need to know if everyone is healthy!

I hope so too. I think we will be back in another year or two and we will try to do AoA and then the next time after that try to swing Poly.
We ate at the Electric Umbrella. It's funny. Because I did so much research and planning and I didn't know anything about that place because I wasn't planning on eating there. But afterward I looked at some reviews and our experience was definitely not the only one like it.

Ooh fun! New tablet! That's exciting!
I felt so bad for him but yeah we had a fun night anyway.

So sorry he got sick!! I think I will be skipping the Electric Umbrella during our next trip...haven't really heard great things any way!!

We stayed at AoA during our trip in November 2012 and it was great...we stayed in the LM rooms. I loved this resort. We are staying at Pop this coming trip in November but I do hope I have some time to walk over to AoA !

You should definitely walk over with them being so close!

Great pics with Belle! They really do make it kind of tough to meet her!

I'm sorry about Doug :( At least it didn't really ruin any plans you had at the park. But ugh! Stinks that you had to cancel dinner for that night. At least you were able to reschedule it, even if it meant unfortunately missing Garden Grill.

Aw sounds like you still had a fun night with the girls!!

They do! And probably why her line was so long.
I really wish we would have been able to still make it to Garden Grill. Maybe next time!
But we did have fun. And I think it ended up being good for the girls to have a night when they just got to play and walk around being silly.

Doug was feeling much better when we got up on Thursday morning.

We slept in a little (for us) by not getting up until about 7:30/8am.

We were excited to go to the Grand Floridian for this unexpected breakfast.

We loved it on our last vacation so it was kind of fun to be able to do it again.

We wore our new carriage necklaces with our pearls from Japan.

481.JPG

482.JPG

We left our room around 8:45am and then had a wonderful, magical moment as we walked to the bus stop.
The Christmas tree was up!!
We were so sad that the tree wasn't up for our trip so it was just so exciting to be surprised by it this morning.

483.JPG

We took the bus to Magic Kingdom and then walked to the monorail to take that to the Grand Floridian.

484.JPG

Waiting for the monorail...

485.JPG

486.JPG

487.JPG

489.JPG

We arrived a few minutes early (our reservation was for 10:10) so we wandered a bit. And let the kids watch some cartoons.

492.JPG

493.JPG

Look up!

494.JPG

Soon it was time to check in!

528.JPG

We got our family pictures.

GRAND_PARKFARE_7100402523.jpeg

GRAND_PARKFARE_7100402525.jpeg

GRAND_PARKFARE_7100403502.jpeg

495.JPG

And we were shown to our table.

497.JPG

498.JPG

Tigger was our first visitor.

499.JPG

It's a buffet so we had a bit of everything (or at least it felt that way) at the table.

500.JPG

501.JPG

502.JPG

503.JPG

Maddy was so excited when her new best friend showed up!

504.JPG

505.JPG

506.JPG

Then Tigger swooped in for another hug!

508.JPG

509.JPG

510.JPG

Abi mixed yogurt with a bunch of berries , gummy bears, and fruit and called it Tropical Delight. It was their new favorite thing to eat.

512.JPG

518.JPG

Mary Poppins visited!

513.JPG

And then Alice.

516.JPG

photo%2B(15).JPG

Oh my gosh. This face.

520.JPG

Then the Mad Hatter dropped by.

He was funny as usual.

He asked us where we were headed that day.

We told him Epcot.

He asked us if we knew what Epcot stood for.

So of course we started saying the real thing.

Then he said, "No. It's 'Every Person Comes Out Tired. "

True.

521.JPG

523.JPG

This was a nice change from our last trip when neither of them would even look at him.

After breakfast Abi decided to use some of her money to get another pressed penny.

527.JPG

We visited the Gingerbread house.

529.JPG

531.JPG

We rode the elevator just for fun.

533.JPG

And said goodbye to the Grand, Grand Floridian as we made our way once again to Epcot.

534.JPG

So glad Doug was feeling better because your family pictures are PERFECT! look how cute you all are!!! at first i thought the snowflakes were part of your shirt until i woke up and realized it was the border... :sad2:

Great pictures and so glad you remembered to LOOK UP!!! how was the strawberry soup?
I don't know about the concoction the girls made up... :scared:

The mad hatter is a hoot!!! His explanation is way better!!! :teacher: :thumbsup2

you guys and elevators! Giggle!!!

Cheryl, I'm on time for this one (well, close anyway...finished catching up everywhere else and did an update on my PTR). I'm sorry to hear that Doug got sick. That is never fun on vacation. We toured AOA in September of 2013 and Disney truly did a great job with the resort. And I still have not walked around Pop (I think it is the last resort that we have to walk around).

I'm glad Doug was feeling better to go to breakfast with you. What a beautiful family picture. Looks like a fun breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. We went last year. Although we prefer Crystal Palace, I'm glad we tried it. I just wish Mary Poppins had been there (she was out sick that day...must not have taken her spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down). The GF is gorgeous at the holidays.

What a fun breakfast! So many cute pictures.

It was a lot of fun! Thanks!

So glad Doug was feeling better because your family pictures are PERFECT! look how cute you all are!!! at first i thought the snowflakes were part of your shirt until i woke up and realized it was the border... :sad2:

Great pictures and so glad you remembered to LOOK UP!!! how was the strawberry soup?
I don't know about the concoction the girls made up... :scared:

The mad hatter is a hoot!!! His explanation is way better!!! :teacher: :thumbsup2
you guys and elevators! Giggle!!!

Thank you!
The strawberry soup is pretty good although not something I could eat often. It is very sweet. And it is kind of weird to eat something like that cold. Almost feels like runny yogurt or melted smoothie.
Yeah, I didn't try her invention. :goodvibes

He was awesome. And I agree. Epcot will always stand for that for us now.

Cheryl, I'm on time for this one (well, close anyway...finished catching up everywhere else and did an update on my PTR). I'm sorry to hear that Doug got sick. That is never fun on vacation. We toured AOA in September of 2013 and Disney truly did a great job with the resort. And I still have not walked around Pop (I think it is the last resort that we have to walk around).

I'm glad Doug was feeling better to go to breakfast with you. What a beautiful family picture. Looks like a fun breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. We went last year. Although we prefer Crystal Palace, I'm glad we tried it. I just wish Mary Poppins had been there (she was out sick that day...must not have taken her spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down). The GF is gorgeous at the holidays.

Yeah he was so miserable. This morning he was tired and a little weak from it but much better. That and the fact that none of the rest of us got any kind of sickness made it pretty clear that it was probably food poisoning of some kind.

Fun morning! And Yay that your DH was feeling better the next morning. Being sick on vacation is never fun.

Agreed. Sickness should stay home!

oohhh, it's no fun being sick at Disney. i'm glad DH felt better for your breakfast!

the Christmas tree!!! so pretty....I just love Disney Christmas trees!

wow--you met a lot of fun characters at breakfast! what a great start to the day!

Glad Doug was feeling better!! This makes me super excited for our breakfast at 1900 Park Fare!!

It really is such a fun breakfast! I love being in the Grand Floridian ANY time I can.

oohhh, it's no fun being sick at Disney. i'm glad DH felt better for your breakfast!

the Christmas tree!!! so pretty....I just love Disney Christmas trees!

wow--you met a lot of fun characters at breakfast! what a great start to the day!

Yeah. He was so happy that it seemed to go away during the night. No fun at all to be sick there.
I love their Christmas trees too! I really wish the Grand Floridian one would have been up and all of the park ones But so happy that at least Pop's was up!

When I left off we had just finished breakfast at 1900 Park Fare.
We took the monorail to Magic Kingdom and then switched monorails, getting on the one that would take us to Epcot.

Maddy wanted to stand "like a grown-up".

536.JPG

538.JPG

There was a really nice family on the monorail that struck up a conversation with us. They go to Disney a few times a year so he was telling us a lot of the things he has learned over the years.
They do major pin trading.
And before we left he handed Maddy a pin and told her he didn't need a trade, he just wanted to give it to her.
It was so nice.
I didn't realize until afterward that I forgot to write his name down and didn't get a picture of her with them... (well one of the teenage daughters is behind her) so I don't remember their names. But it was such a nice thing. And she was so happy.

539.JPG

We arrived at Epcot about 12/12:30.
It wasn't nearly as cold today so that was nice.
We knew we wanted to go straight for World showcase again, this time starting on the Mexico side.
Abi was itching to do some more Agent P adventures!
We saw this stroller along the way. Amazing!

541.JPG

As we were walking past this area Let it Go was playing and the water would shoot up occasionally (you can kind of see it in the pictures) and Abi just started dancing around and singing really loud and being extremely dramatic with her arms pretending to be Elsa and that she was controlling the water.
Abi is not usually our demonstrative one in public so this was such an awesome moment.

542.JPG

543.JPG

We picked up her Agent P phone.

544.JPG

But before we could start her mission we had to make a short stop to meet Duffy Bear.
For whatever reason, on this trip he had become her new favorite Disney character.
We watched the Duffy bedtime cartoons almost every night in our room and she couldn't wait to meet him.

LOTS of pictures!

545.JPG

this was one of our favorite meets of the entire trip so I took a ton of pictures and so did the photopass photographer.
Hello hugs!

EPCOT_WRLDSHOW_7100540784.jpeg

548.JPG

EPCOT_WRLDSHOW_7100539640.jpeg

Duffy got really excited about his special page in their autograph books and had to show everyone in line and the photographer.
The girls thought that was so funny and they were so excited about it.

550.JPG

551.JPG

552.JPG

Duffy and the photographer had an awesome relationship.
I mean, he doesn't even talk and the interaction between him and the photographer had everyone laughing

553.JPG

He signed Abi's book first.

555.JPG

556.JPG

Then he took Maddy's book and did the same thing with it... showing it to everyone.

558.JPG

560.JPG

562.JPG

More hugs!

EPCOT_WRLDSHOW_7100540788.jpeg

563.JPG

I just love seeing my kids this happy.

EPCOT_WRLDSHOW_7100542094.jpeg

EPCOT_WRLDSHOW_7100542095.jpeg

I love Abi's hair in that side braid. It looks so cute!

Sorry to hear that Doug got sick - bleh! That's never fun, especially when you're not at home. It was nice that he could relax though, I guess it's good that you weren't too far from the room.

Great idea to walk over to AOA. I'm hoping to try their food court on our next trip and explore the resort. It looks so awesome!

1900 Park Fare breakfast looks great. I've been wanting to try it! Too bad you missed Mary Poppins.

I love that Abi just "Let It Go" and controlled the fountain. That is so very sweet.

I still don't get the whole Duffy craze, but the smiles on your girls faces make me appreciate Duffy just a bit more.

Of course Abu had to dance and use her magic on the water--she had the Elsa hair going!! Love those pictures!! It's so great when they forget themselves and get caught up in the moment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter