Pop, Pop, Poppity-Pop! A November 2014 trip report

Fun time in Epcot! I love your SE pics, too funny! Uh oh, curious to find out what the aftermath of Electric Umbrella ends up being...
The girls look so cute in their Alice outfits.

HOW CUTE!!! I am still SHOCKED over the coats and hats!!! What kills me is this is the exact week we are going this November!!! i am NOT packing winter coats!!!
I love all your pictures and can't wait to find out why the electric umbrella was not a good idea!
the Alice dress is simply ADORABLE!!!

Great updates! I got a little behind but I'm all caught up now! What a great viewing spot for the Castle shows. The girls look so cute in their Alice in Wonderland outfits.

took a dis-break and feel like I've missed everything! too much to comment on, but it looks like you all are having a great trip! i'm all caught up and can't wait for more!

Fun time in Epcot! I love your SE pics, too funny! Uh oh, curious to find out what the aftermath of Electric Umbrella ends up being...
The girls look so cute in their Alice outfits.

I know. It was hilarious. The girls were like... uh are we ever going to move? Yes... more info about that to come....
Thanks.

HOW CUTE!!! I am still SHOCKED over the coats and hats!!! What kills me is this is the exact week we are going this November!!! i am NOT packing winter coats!!!
I love all your pictures and can't wait to find out why the electric umbrella was not a good idea!
the Alice dress is simply ADORABLE!!!

I know. I don't know what the odds are of having both of our trips to Disney World be during cold spells. Although, technically only the last few days of this one were.... but still!
Thank you! I made the Alice dress for our last trip when Abi was five so it was so much fun to be able to get it out again and watch Maddy getting to wear it there too.

I'm absolutely loving your trip report, your kids are adorable!

Thank you!!

I assume its just because they are board right? What a bummer.

Looks like some fun times in Epcot.

yeah. I guess so. The crazy thing is they like Finding Nemo the movie but they just weren't that excited about this whole area.

Great updates! I got a little behind but I'm all caught up now! What a great viewing spot for the Castle shows. The girls look so cute in their Alice in Wonderland outfits.

It was such a fun spot. Definitely will try to get it again next time we go.
Thank you!

took a dis-break and feel like I've missed everything! too much to comment on, but it looks like you all are having a great trip! i'm all caught up and can't wait for more!

Glad you are back!!

Great report. What kind of camera do you use?

Thanks! I use a Canon Power shot A4000 IS HD. It is a small red point and shoot. My husband got if for me for me a couple of years ago.. I think from Target.

While the girls were getting their pictures with Alice Doug met back up with us.

And it was time to try out something new to us.

Abi wanted to do the Agent P adventures.

We had to find a starting person.

They gave her a little phone-like device and basically you follow the clues around the different countries to solve the adventure.

Here she is getting her instructions.

350.JPG

Starting the adventure for the UK.

351.JPG

352.JPG

We immediately set out to find the clues.

353.JPG

Spoiler alert:
If you don't want to know anything about Agent P or where the clues are.... you will want to skip the rest of this post!

First one led us to this phone booth.
354.JPG

355.JPG

356.JPG

This really is amazing and such a fun thing to do. There are hidden things EVERYWHERE that you would never know existed if you aren't playing the game.
This little ball came out of the tube and she had to find the place to take it to.

357.JPG

358.JPG

359.JPG

360.JPG

361.JPG

362.JPG

Maddy hiding from the sun.

363.JPG

365.JPG

366.JPG

367.JPG

368.JPG

369.JPG

Look at the lantern above her!

370.JPG

What it normally looks like...

371.JPG

Agent P in the UK continued...

372.JPG

373.JPG

374.JPG

375.JPG

After she had completed the mission they took a few minutes to run around the hedge maze.

378.JPG

379.JPG

383.JPG

385.JPG

386.JPG

388.JPG

389.JPG

Then it was time to get to France for our next mission.

390.JPG

391.JPG

392.JPG

393.JPG

I'm getting excited posting all of these pictures because in a little over a year I will be seeing the real things!
I mentioned in my pre trip report that I was hoping to get to Europe this April.

Well, I'm not getting there this year but my mom and I have decided to go next April.
I have been absent from the DIS for a few days because I have pretty much been immersed in trip planning (as far as figuring out what we were going to be doing and where so I can start booking things).
So far I have all of the hotels that would let us book this far in advance booked.
They are The Canterbury Cathedral Lodge (on the Cathedral grounds!) for one night, a B&B in the Lake District for two nights, the Phoenix Hotel in London for 2 nights, and the Edelweiss Lodge in Germany for 3 nights. We will be staying a few more places in England and I still have to get our hotels booked in France and Switzerland as well.
The trip is super exciting but also stressful because I have never been away from my kids for longer than one night.
And this will be 2 and a half weeks!
I would love to do a pre-trip report and then a trip report for it but I'm not sure where I would do that on here... it isn't through Adventures by Disney and we aren't visiting any of the Disney places... so maybe I will update on here occasionally.
Anyway, so that is why I haven't been on for the last few days.

Fun morning in Epcot and an exciting reason to be away for a few days! It will be so much fun to explore Europe!

The girls look like they enjoyed doing the Agent P Adventure! And WOW such exciting news, that will be a trip of a lifetime for sure :)

I am way too far behind to comment on everything, but I have now caught up on all 13 pages and am loving your TR. Your pictures are stunning, your girls are adorable and I just love the Christmas decorations (I missed seeing those last year). I will keep up now so I can comment after every update.

Fun morning in Epcot and an exciting reason to be away for a few days! It will be so much fun to explore Europe!

It was really fun! Oh my word. I am SO excited. It is going to be crazy!

The girls look like they enjoyed doing the Agent P Adventure! And WOW such exciting news, that will be a trip of a lifetime for sure :)

They really loved it. Especially Abi. Yes. It will be. Even though I have paid for a few things now, it still doesn't seem real.

I am way too far behind to comment on everything, but I have now caught up on all 13 pages and am loving your TR. Your pictures are stunning, your girls are adorable and I just love the Christmas decorations (I missed seeing those last year). I will keep up now so I can comment after every update.

Thank you! Glad to have you along!!

you have me very excited for the agent perry!!! I cannot wait to do this with the kids!!! I might let them you tube it today.. they asked to go on you tube today to 'research' Disney.. how can i say No!?!

I really hope you do find somewhere to add that report as i would LOVE to read all those adventures!!

Now we found ourselves in France and we began the next mission.

Abi was really excited about the fact that she got to get a free pressed penny of Agent P!

394.JPG

395.JPG

396.JPG

398.JPG

This really is SO much fun. It takes a lot of time in each country to fulfill the entire mission... so don't do it if you are in a rush. But it was one of her favorite things about the whole trip.

399.JPG

The Eiffel Tower took a picture of us.

400.JPG

401.JPG

402.JPG

404.JPG

406.JPG

408.JPG

409.JPG

411.JPG

And at the end Perry ziplined across that line you see up there above the buildings. Unfortunately I didn't know it was going to happen and I didn't get the picture in time.

412.JPG

While we were doing this, Doug and Maddy got in line for Belle. It was a VERY long line so we wanted them to keep our spot. Good thing too because it got insanely long behind us.
We had to meet Belle because she wasn't at either of the princess meals this trip.
And we met her at her story time but she didn't do autographs there.

413.JPG

414.JPG

415.JPG

She was just as sweet as you would expect Belle to be.

EPCOT_WSFRN_7105126012.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Epcot_7179767664(1).jpg

416.JPG

418.JPG

At this time Doug was starting to feel a bit "off". He rested while I took the girls into Morocco to get their passports signed.

419.JPG

420.JPG

421.JPG

422.JPG

The girls wanted to color their Duffy's a bit while we waited for Doug to find us.

423.JPG

424.JPG

Doug came in to find us a few minutes later and said, "I'm feeling really sick. Can we go?"

He felt really bad having us leave the park but I had basically planned for us to only do half of the world showcase today anyway and then we would have hung out in future world for a while before heading to our dinner that night.

So, I said, yeah let's get you back to the room to rest.

We hopped on a boat to cross rather than walking.

425.JPG

426.JPG

Silly girl. We loved the boat ride. It was fun.

428.JPG

Doug was sitting on the bus pretty quiet the whole ride.
And then we pulled up to Pop.
We started getting off the bus.
We were all off and starting to walk toward the main building when he suddenly dropped what he was holding and ran to the bushes in front of the building.
He barely made it to them and he threw up.
I felt so bad for him.
He looked really pale. I was worried he wouldn't be able to make it to the room.
But we made it back so that he could go in and rest.
Our window looked like this when we got back.

430.JPG

He started to feel better and he said that the way he felt he was 99% sure it was food poisoning.
He admitted that when we were eating lunch his food had tasted a bit off in flavor. He did not eat the whole thing but I thought he just hadn't been as hungry as usual. He said that was why. It just didn't taste right. (Remember, he got the roast beef) But he didn't think it was bad.
But now, he was starting to really think it was.
So after a few hours we thought ,okay, let's try to go out to our dinner reservation.
We got to the bus and then he got pale again.
He took off running and told me just to take the girls to dinner and that he needed to stay behind.
We stood there for a few minute and I started feeling really bad.
This meal had been for him.
We were headed to Chef Mickey's for dinner and it was the one he had requested since it was one of his favorite meals on the last trip.
I had the girls walk out of the line with me and I called the Disney reservations line.
I explained to them what was happening and asked if we could cancel it without getting charged.
The cast member I talked to was very nice. She said she would waive it.
I decided to change the next night's dinner to Chef Mickey's so that he could still eat there (even though I was sad to let go of a Garden Grill reservation since we had never been there before) and I used the last credit we would then have to book the breakfast with Alice in Wonderland the next morning.
It would change around our schedules a lot but when something like this happens you have to roll with it.
Up next: What would the girls and I do while Doug sleeps it off?

At this point I wasn't sure if Doug really had food poisoning or if he had caught something so I didn't want us to stick around the room too much.

Plus I knew that he would want to sleep and would probably like some quiet and privacy.

We were hoping to be able to check out the Art of Animation resort across the bridge from Pop Century because it wasn't there on our last vacation.

The girls and I decided we would go there for dinner.

We walked across the bridge... taking our glow toys of course.

432.JPG

And we were amazed! It was so much fun. The theming there is great!
We crossed right into the Finding Nemo section and the girls played for a while on their playground.

433.JPG

436.JPG

438.JPG

We went into their cafeteria and ordered our dinner.
Abi had a tuna fish sandwich with fries and apple slices and a chocolate milk.
Maddy had mini corn dogs with fries, a yogurt, and a juice.
And I decided to pay out of pocket for this meal since it would be cheaper and we had at least one more meal we needed to pay out of pocket and got myself a kids meal too.
I also got the corn dogs but with grapes, carrots, and milk.
It was actually quite good.

439.JPG

After we were done eating we walked through the Lion King section.

440.JPG

441.JPG

442.JPG

Then we entered the Little Mermaid section.

444.JPG

445.JPG

446.JPG

447.JPG

448.JPG

449.JPG

450.JPG

After we got to the end of her section we decided to take the walkway next to the lake to go back to the other side of the resort.

There is Pop across the water!

451.JPG

They had to play in the Finding Nemo playground again for a few minutes when we got to it.

454.JPG

455.JPG

456.JPG

458.JPG

459.JPG

461.JPG

Soon we entered the Cars section.
Why wait in line at the parks to meet the cars?
You can do it right here!

467.JPG

468.JPG

471.JPG

473.JPG

474.JPG

475.JPG

476.JPG

477.JPG

The girls fell in love with this resort and Maddy said she wants to stay here next time! (Abi however wants to always stay at Pop)
At the end of the night we walked back over to our resort.

Doug was sleeping but woke up when we arrived and said he was feeling a lot better.
I had both girls sleep in a bed with me so he could have the whole thing to himself.
We all went to sleep.

you have me very excited for the agent perry!!! I cannot wait to do this with the kids!!! I might let them you tube it today.. they asked to go on you tube today to 'research' Disney.. how can i say No!?!

I really hope you do find somewhere to add that report as i would LOVE to read all those adventures!!

It was such fun! I think your kids will really enjoy it.
I know! I may just have to do it on my blog and then post links or something. Not sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter