Pop, Pop, Poppity-Pop! A November 2014 trip report

While Maddy and I were waiting in line Maddy made friends with some girls that were in line behind us. They are both in the Disney college program and were so cute!

150.JPG

152.JPG

Soon Doug and Abi met back up with us.
And then the Fairy Godmother arrived!

She was so sweet.
She kept commenting on their Frozen outfits. When Abi told her that I made them, she looked at me and said, "Really?"
Then she told me I should come to work at the castle as a Fairy Godmother.
The girls thought that was great and it made me feel good.

MK_CINDERELLAFNTNCHAR_7099238819.jpeg

MK_CINDERELLAFNTNCHAR_7105031200.jpeg

158.JPG

159.JPG

MK_CINDERELLAFNTNCHAR_7105028733.jpeg

MK_CINDERELLAFNTNCHAR_7105032882.jpeg

MK_CINDERELLAFNTNCHAR_7105028930.jpeg

MK_CINDERELLAFNTNCHAR_7105031749.jpeg

164.JPG

Maddy was charming as usual and as we walked away Maddy waved to the girls we had met in line.
And I heard one of them say, "Oh! I just love her!"

After meeting the Fairy Godmother, it was time for our fast passes to meet Anna and Elsa.
We were SO excited for this!
The stand by line was hours long but we got in the fast pass section and we were the only ones in this little hallway.
It was beautiful!

165.JPG

166.JPG

167.JPG

168.JPG

169.JPG

We waited there for about 5 minutes and then we were ushered in to meet the sisters!
Anna first.

She was very sweet and perky and talked a lot about chocolate

MK_PFTHBLUEA1CHAR_7099255123.jpeg

In this picture she had noticed their outfits and said, "I'm on your skirts! And your shoes!"
And Maddy was pointing out that she was also on her hair clip and her shirt!

173.JPG

175.JPG

MK_PFTHBLUEA1CHAR_7099255125.jpeg

MK_PFTHBLUEA1CHAR_7099255127.jpeg

I love this picture!

MK_PFTHBLUEA1CHAR_7099257202.jpeg

There was a lot of giggling.

Then we moved to the other side of the room to meet Elsa.

She walked right up to Abi to greet her and take her back with her to her spot.

178.JPG

She was very pretty and elegant and poised.

She made a big deal about their outfits and the fact that they were sisters just like her and Anna.
She asked Maddy if she liked chocolate as much as her little sister did.

MK_PFTHBLUEA2CHAR_7099255070.jpeg

181.JPG

MK_PFTHBLUEA2CHAR_7099257304.jpeg

I just noticed that Maddy is stepping on her dress. Oops.

MK_PFTHBLUEA2CHAR_7099257305.jpeg

We went out into the shop and they loved this Minnie dressed as Elsa so we had to take a picture.

182.JPG

All the details were beautiful and amazing.

184.JPG

We were so happy to be able to meet them!

My what a busy afternoon! The ride photos are awesome. And no I don't think that you pay attention to the other people in the photo too much. Its something I often look at as well.

My what a busy afternoon! The ride photos are awesome. And no I don't think that you pay attention to the other people in the photo too much. Its something I often look at as well.

Oh good. Glad I'm not a weirdo! I just think it is fun to catch a glimpse at other people's experiences as well. :)

Thanks for the tips about the book! I love all the different things you made for your girls. You're so crafty!

I also like seeing your photos of all the little details. I tend to miss those little things and it is neat to see it all. :)

Cute pics on the carousel! I'm glad you got to see a little of the parade too. The Peter Pan meet sounds like it was fun!! And yay for meeting Anna and Elsa, great pics!

Thanks for the tips about the book! I love all the different things you made for your girls. You're so crafty!

I also like seeing your photos of all the little details. I tend to miss those little things and it is neat to see it all. :)

Thanks! I do enjoy making disney themed things! I LOVE all of the details. They really are so good at them.

Cute pics on the carousel! I'm glad you got to see a little of the parade too. The Peter Pan meet sounds like it was fun!! And yay for meeting Anna and Elsa, great pics!

Thanks! I was really glad we got to catch it. It is such a beautiful parade. We were so glad to be able to meet them!

OMG you are an updating QUEEN! I am taking the time this weekend to go to everyone's reports..
Come on.. How cold can it be in Disney??? I cannot believe all the winter jackets being worn!!! remind me again what your dates were???

Sad your parent's had to leave glad you all had a great time with all of them!!!
fantastic meet and greets!! We still haven't met the FG. i do want to meet her one of these times.. Same with Peter Pan.. I hear he can be quite mischievous! Right up my alley!!! HA HA
Ana and Elsa. I'm glad to hear the girls loved them. and you had a good Meet and greet with them. Elsa was just eh when we went But Ana was awesome!
SO SWEET to get a balloon! and to meet some of the college program kids! YAY!!!

I THINK i am all caught up now!!

OMG you are an updating QUEEN! I am taking the time this weekend to go to everyone's reports..
Come on.. How cold can it be in Disney??? I cannot believe all the winter jackets being worn!!! remind me again what your dates were???

Sad your parent's had to leave glad you all had a great time with all of them!!!
fantastic meet and greets!! We still haven't met the FG. i do want to meet her one of these times.. Same with Peter Pan.. I hear he can be quite mischievous! Right up my alley!!! HA HA
Ana and Elsa. I'm glad to hear the girls loved them. and you had a good Meet and greet with them. Elsa was just eh when we went But Ana was awesome!
SO SWEET to get a balloon! and to meet some of the college program kids! YAY!!!

I THINK i am all caught up now!!

We were there November 11-21. Haha. It was dang cold. Our last trip in 2010 it was in the 30's and 40's though so at least it didn't feel THAT cold.
Although that trip the parks were empty... so maybe it's good to have extreme weather.
They were really fun meets!

We decided at this point to try to find a good spot for Elsa lighting the castle even though we still had a bit of time before it started.

There were quite a few people down in front of the castle already but we looked over and saw this maintenance shed off to the right.

No one was in there so I led us over by it and to the side where there was a little gate. There were bushes in between us and the sidewalk so it ended up being the most PERFECT spot ever.

Nobody could block our entire view because there were so many feet in between us and where anyone else could stand.

And there was just enough room for the four of us up against the gate that no one could come and get in front of us when people noticed us and started crowding in behind us.. although we did let some people's kids come up with us until their parents decided to go somewhere else.

Abi in our spot.

185.JPG

And our view....

186.JPG

What we didn't realize is that the other show was about to start in front of the castle. So we were able to have a great spot for that and be very entertained while we waited for the castle lighting.

187.JPG

192.JPG

194.JPG

198.JPG

200.JPG

These were the kids that we let come up by the gate.
The girls gave them some glow bracelets too.

203.JPG

204.JPG

But, like I said, they only lasted a few minutes before they went somewhere else.
The castle was looking amazing while we waited between shows.

206.JPG

The girls had a lot of fun with their glow toys.

208.JPG

Then something kind of cool happened.
The people that were right behind us. (this gentleman and his mom) tried to ask Doug what time the castle lighting was supposed to start but they couldn't speak English really well.
Doug had a feeling from the way they were talking that they might be Brazilian so he asked if they spoke Portuguese.
They were so excited and said yes.
He explained to them that he lived in Brazil for two years and then he was able to talk to them while we were waiting. It was really fun to see them light up at being able to speak to someone in their language. I wished I could have joined in!
They were very nice and he really enjoyed meeting them.

210.JPG

214.JPG

photo%2B(35).JPG

Pretty soon the show started!
Anna, Kristoff, and Elsa came out.

215.JPG

Then Olaf started talking from inside a castle window

217.JPG

And then he came out with them.

223.JPG

224.JPG

225.JPG

It was beautiful!

We really enjoyed the show and the girls thought it was the most amazing thing ever!

After the castle lighting was over we decided to go to dinner.

We went back up to Fantasyland and went to Pinocchio's Village Haus.

230.JPG

231.JPG

Doug got the Mediterranean salad and chocolate cake. He said the salad was good.

232.JPG

Abi got chicken nuggets (shocker!) and fries.

233.JPG

Maddy got macaroni and cheese, fries, and yogurt.

234.JPG

I got the chicken sandwich. It was good as well.

235.JPG

Overall, not our favorite meal of the trip but much better than last time we were there and good enough that we would go back again.

After dinner we went over to Liberty Square to stake out a spot for the Electrical parade.
We got the girls some popcorn to snack on while we waited.

236.JPG

We got a nice spot by the Liberty Tree Taven that was a covered walkway and had benches and a raised view of the pathway.

237.JPG

And pulled out some more glow toys.

238.JPG

240.JPG

It was very cold!

241.JPG

249.JPG

Here comes the parade!

251.JPG

253.JPG

255.JPG

256.JPG

258.JPG

260.JPG

262.JPG

266.JPG

269.JPG

272.JPG

279.JPG

SUCH a fun parade!

As soon as the parade was over we RAN over to where Tiana meets because we have had such bad luck trying to meet her.

We were first in line!

While we waited for them to get there I took the girls into the Christmas shop one at a time to pick out their new Christmas ornament.

Then they let us down the path to where Tiana and Naveen would be meeting.

We had to pick between the meet or the fireworks so we were really excited when we saw that we could see the fireworks from the line.

We noticed the cute frog themed ornaments on the tree.

281.JPG

284.JPG

Pretty soon Tiana and Naveen got there and they came over to us to get the girls and take them back into the gazebo.
They were SO cute.

285.JPG

Tiana was so sweet.

287.JPG

288.JPG

289.JPG

We were standing a little far away and I couldn't hear everything they were saying but the girls were having so much fun meeting them.

MK_THEGLADE_7099458390.jpeg

MK_THEGLADE_7099458391.jpeg

Hugs!

MK_THEGLADE_7099458392.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7099458393.jpg

Then we were trying to get pictures with her but Maddy wouldn't put her hand down. She was holding her hand over her nose to try to keep it warm.

293.JPG

MK_THEGLADE_7099454877.jpeg

So Tiana took Maddy's hand and Maddy just put her arm over it instead. That got a good laugh out of Tiana.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7099454880.jpg

Finally one with her hand down!

MK_THEGLADE_7099454876.jpeg

MK_THEGLADE_7099454881.jpeg

Goodbye hugs!

295.JPG

It was such a fun meet!
Afterward the fireworks were still going but we decided to just head for the buses.
We were surprised when they took us back behind the buildings to the cast area to take us out of the park. That was pretty cool.
We felt like we were going behind the scenes.

296.JPG

And we could still see the fireworks as we walked.

297.JPG

Both girls fell asleep on the bus on the way to the resort!

How cool that your DH was able to help that family!

The glow toys seem to be a hit. I might be stealing that idea.

Sweet M&G with Tiana!

I am not a fan of this send people backstage thing. I hope we don't get stuck doing that on our trip.

How cool that your DH was able to help that family!

The glow toys seem to be a hit. I might be stealing that idea.

Sweet M&G with Tiana!

I am not a fan of this send people backstage thing. I hope we don't get stuck doing that on our trip.

Glow toys are the best! Especially because I got them before the trip at the dollar store and Target's dollar section. I took a ton of them so that we would never have a shortage of them and could share as much as we could. They are so fun. And the girls never got bored of them.

What a great spot you found, and very fortunate that you could use it to watch not one but two shows!!

Such a sweet story about Doug and the Brazilian mom and son!

Hooray for being first in line to meet Tiana and Naveen! And awesome that you still got to see the fireworks while you waited.

what a very cool meet and greet!!AND got to talk to others in a different language!!! sounds like DISNEY and all it's magical glory!!! i love all your pictures and loving you report! the girls are just darling!!

What a great spot you found, and very fortunate that you could use it to watch not one but two shows!!

Such a sweet story about Doug and the Brazilian mom and son!

Hooray for being first in line to meet Tiana and Naveen! And awesome that you still got to see the fireworks while you waited.

It was an awesome spot! It felt so out of the way and private... even when people started piling in behind us. I loved it. I will definitely try to get it anytime we are there.
I was so glad we were finally able to meet Tiana and Naveen. It just worked out so well.

what a very cool meet and greet!!AND got to talk to others in a different language!!! sounds like DISNEY and all it's magical glory!!! i love all your pictures and loving you report! the girls are just darling!!

It was such a fun meet! They really know how to connect with kids and it is so fun to watch. Totally Disney magic! Love it!

I'm loving your trip report!

Thank you!!

Wednesday morning we slept in a little bit although not on purpose.

We had breakfast in our room and then went to meet the bus.

The girls were dressed in Alice themed outfits today.

It was still pretty cold.

298.JPG

We took the bus to Epcot, arriving about 9:30am.
We went straight to Spaceship Earth.

299.JPG

Excited girls!

300.JPG

She loves this ride.

301.JPG

Then we were in this area... and got stuck.

303.JPG

We sat there for a few minutes before it got going again.

306.JPG

Then a few minutes later we got stuck again.
It was kind of funny.
We were just glad it wasn't on the way back down because that is the only place that makes Maddy nervous and that would not have been fun for her.

307.JPG

310.JPG

After our ride we began our walk over to Soarin'.
Maddy danced a lot.

311.JPG

312.JPG

314.JPG

315.JPG

She didn't want to ride Soarin' again. And although I love the ride, we decided to just have Abi and Doug ride because we were behind on our schedule and needed to get to our next fast pass.
I knew I would be riding it again the next day so it was no big deal.
Maddy danced around and entertained me while we waited for them.

317.JPG

Our next stop was the Sea with Nemo and Friends.
I love this area and think it is really fun.

318.JPG

Because of that I find it a little sad that both are girls are not impressed.
We rode the ride which is fun and they thought was okay.

319.JPG

Then got pictures with Bruce.

320.JPG

And then we went to our fast pass with Crush.
On our last trip I ended up leaving in the middle with Abi because she wanted out of there.
I thought Maddy would love it.

321.JPG

I got her sitting up front with the other kids while Abi sat in the back with us. It was FULL.

322.JPG

A few minutes into the show Maddy was running back to us.
She didn't like it either. WHAT????
After exiting the Seas area we decided to go to lunch.
I had planned on lunch in the World Showcase today but we were all really hungry right then so we decided to just go to the Electric Umbrella because we were right next to it.
I didn't know much about it going in but we decided to give it a try.
Spoiler alert: Big mistake.

323.JPG

We got a nice table with a really nice view of the fountains. The food looked good.
The girls both had mac and cheese and fries.
I had a spicy chicken sandwich.
Doug had the roast beef sandwich.
There were also yogurts, fruit, and brownies involved although we gave our brownies to the girls.
The girls were both okay with their food and in face, mine was pretty good too.
Doug said his was fine... but we'll get to that later.

325.JPG

329.JPG

photo%2B(29).JPG

photo%2B(30).JPG

After lunch we were going to the World Showcase.
But first, Maddy had to stop to dance!

330.JPG

The Last post had us heading to the World Showcase.
Our first stop was Canada!

331.JPG

Maddy stopped to smell the flowers in the beautiful gardens.

photo%2B(25).JPG

332.JPG

334.JPG

335.JPG

We were all still chilly. But Abi was feeling warm enough to take off her coat.
We went to the Kid cot station to get their passports stamped.

336.JPG

And then we went to find the movie.

photo%2B(24).JPG

337.JPG

338.JPG

339.JPG

While waiting for the movie to start the girls started coloring their Agent P's.

340.JPG

It was a stand up movie. And Maddy just wanted to lay down.
But I had to make her sit on my feet eventually since they asked that no one lay on the ground.

341.JPG

After the movie we headed into the UK.
We wanted to get in line to meet Alice.
Doug had been thinking about a coat of arms he had seen in a shop here on our last trip and wanted to go look at it again. He had decided that he did want to get it!
So he did that while we were in line.
We were first.
And soon Alice was greeting the girls and taking them down the path to this cottage.

342.JPG

343.JPG

She was very sweet.
Maddy had become the queen of posing on this trip.

348.JPG

349.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter