Pop, Pop, Poppity-Pop! A November 2014 trip report

It seemed they did use antlers in all of their decorating.

039.JPG

040.JPG

We had a really great time here.
We just relaxed and talked and enjoyed the little break from the rain.
It was one of my favorite parts of the day.

042.JPG

043.JPG

The rain was coming down ridiculously hard but after a while we decided to brave it and run across the square to the gift shop.
I could have bought everything in there.
But I didn't.
I did, however, end up buying this guy.

photo%2B(44).JPG

After shopping for a while we decided to go ride the little Mermaid ride again.

044.JPG

045.JPG

Then noticed this across from it.

046.JPG

The rain was starting to calm down a little.
We walked back past the village.

048.JPG

Abi really wanted to ride Splash mountain again and we needed to head that direction for our dinner reservations so we started walking toward Frontierland.
Stopped in the Tangled area for the bathrooms again.

049.JPG

Took a picture of the Columbia Harbour House where we had eaten lunch on Friday.
The window we were sitting at that had the view of the tower is the set of windows with the red flowers in the window boxes.

050.JPG

My mom wanted to do a little shopping in the Christmas shop in Liberty square and when we got close we saw that my dad was already waiting outside of Liberty Tree Tavern (our dinner destination) so she grabbed him and they went in to the shop.
I took Maddy in there for a minute and then we went to the restaurant and let her color at a table while I sat on the couch and watched. That way my parents could take their time shopping.
Doug and Abi continued to Splash.

Their ride photos....

MK_SPLASH_7098489028.jpeg

MK_SPLASH_7105028369.jpeg

While in the Christmas shop, Maddy wrote a letter to Santa and put it in the box.

051.JPG

053.JPG

And then here is where we waited for everyone else for dinner.

054.JPG

Soon after, my parents came in and sat with me.

Then a few minutes after that Doug and Abi wandered in.

We checked in as soon as they got there.

We were taken to our table.

I love their menus.

055.JPG

And their glasses...

056.JPG

Our waitress was great.
She brought around corn bread, rolls, and salad to start.

057.JPG

Then sweet potatoes, beans, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, and a few different kinds of meat.

058.JPG

059.JPG

And for dessert we had cranberry cake with ice cream.
It was all great.
Just like our last trip we really enjoyed our dining experience here.
Also on our last trip I took a picture of Abi and my mom in front of their Christmas tree.
Here it is.
My mom and Abi, aged 5.

christmast%2Br.JPG

So I had to get another one!
My mom and Abi, aged 8 (almost 9)

060.JPG

061.JPG

At this point there was going to be a party at the park so it was time for us to leave.
We made our way toward the front of the park.
The castle looked so beautiful.

062.JPG

063.JPG

Main street was pretty packed.

064.JPG

065.JPG

We got on a very packed bus with all the windows fogged up.
It felt like a sauna it was so humid in that bus.
We rode back to Pop.

I got the girls bathed and ready to get in bed and watch cartoons.

And then I got freshened up to go out with my mom.

We had decided that since it was her last night we would go, just the two of us, to Downtown Disney.

On our last trip we did this to see Harry Potter but this time we would just go shopping.

We did a lot of shopping- especially my mom because she was getting a bunch of Christmas gifts.

After we had our fill of the shops we stopped into Ghiradelli and shared a hot fudge sundae.

066.JPG

Then we headed back to our rooms.
So sad that it was my parents last day.
But glad I got to have some time with my mom having a girls night!

067.JPG

Lots of updates!!

It stinks that the wait time was so under stated! But yay for talking Mickey! Maddy looks so adorable and happy.

Sounds like great interaction with Tink, very cute pics.

SUZY AND PERLA!!! So exciting that you got to meet them. They were out during my trip but the line was already cut :(

Glad it was a nice dinner! I like the picture you re-created of your Mom and Abi.

So sweet that you had a girls night with your Mom :)

All caught up! I'm loving this report! We will be going to Disney the same time this year that you were there for this trip (well not for as long...just a quick Honeymoon Re-do for me and DH). You also ate some places we are planning on eating at and loved reading about your experiences (TRex, BOG for dinner, Ohana and Flame Tree BBQ). We will also eat at Columbia Harbour House and Sci-Fi but those are our must dos for us every trip, but this time I will make sure we get a table upstairs at CHH!!

You have a beautiful family and thank you for sharing this report!

Love the recent updates. Your mom is adorable. It's so much fun having grandparents on a trip - I'm sure the girls love it, too, they always seem like they are having so much fun!

Great updates! You can just tell from the photos and your posts how happy everyone was on that rainy day! I wonder if that's the day we were at Hollywood Studios and it rained and rained. We ended up going back to Pop early evening and the food court was packed. I think a lot of people were cutting their day short.

I think we sat in practically the same spot as your family when we ate at "Be Our Guest". It was so beautiful and the food was so good!

Glad you had some "mom time"! It's so cute and sweet to see how much your girls love their grandparents!

What section of Pop were you in? You may have mentioned it, but I don't remember. We were in the 80's building.

I'm loving your trip report! A couple questions... Where did you get the autograph books? And, you mentioned being hot at HS. About how hot was it?

Yay for Mickey! Those pictures from that meet are wonderful. I'm glad you could make the most out of your wet and soggy day. And a girls night with mom seems like a nice way to end her time on the the trip.

OMG was i behind!!! I am SO SO SORRY!!!
I totally blame the new Dis i have not gotten ONE alert in regards to your updates!!! I AM SO SORRY!!!

there is so much to comment on as i said soooo behind.

ALL your pictures? PERFECT! I just love all your family photos seriously you guys are so flippin cute.
I am so glad she had a wonderful Birthday a fun party int eh room!!!
Gah i am missing so so much..

Ohana! Our Favorite as you know.. But what sticks out of course is BOG!!! OH MY LOVE!!! There aren't words to describe the BEST PLACE on Disney property! Apparently you had a grumpy CM maybe the same one i had! LOL

CP? Look how sweet the girls are!!! You just KNOW they were in the magic moment!!! and Talking MICKEY!!! So FUN! AND you got to meet the mice?!?! COME ON i am so jealous!
BBB hair help up!

Oh! The Pearls! WTG MOM!!! twins!!! and how the heck did you pick the exact same pearls with the girls! Magic.. That sums it all up doesn't it?
Glad they were able to retrieve your PP pictures!!!! that's excellent plus the fact the pictures were the best! SO happy you have them.

OK I know i am missing TONs and promise to get back here and re-read most of this!!!

I HOPE my alerts work now.. IF NOT please konk me on the head?!?! I cannot get this far behind again.

Lots of updates!!

It stinks that the wait time was so under stated! But yay for talking Mickey! Maddy looks so adorable and happy.

Sounds like great interaction with Tink, very cute pics.

SUZY AND PERLA!!! So exciting that you got to meet them. They were out during my trip but the line was already cut :(

Glad it was a nice dinner! I like the picture you re-created of your Mom and Abi.

So sweet that you had a girls night with your Mom :)

It really was so cool. I didn't know if we would like seeing him talk. If that would be too weird. But it was awesome.
I was so excited to meet Suzy and Perla! that was definitely an unexpected magic moment.
Yeah, my mom and I we have fun!

All caught up! I'm loving this report! We will be going to Disney the same time this year that you were there for this trip (well not for as long...just a quick Honeymoon Re-do for me and DH). You also ate some places we are planning on eating at and loved reading about your experiences (TRex, BOG for dinner, Ohana and Flame Tree BBQ). We will also eat at Columbia Harbour House and Sci-Fi but those are our must dos for us every trip, but this time I will make sure we get a table upstairs at CHH!!

You have a beautiful family and thank you for sharing this report!

Nice! I really liked it in November. So far we have only been in November and December and December was my favorite but November was so fun too. I loved being able to see at least some of the Christmas decorations up!
So glad you enjoyed them. It was fun to be able to try a lot of new dining places this time.
Thank YOU!

Love the recent updates. Your mom is adorable. It's so much fun having grandparents on a trip - I'm sure the girls love it, too, they always seem like they are having so much fun!

Thanks! My mom is awesome. She is my best friend. We have so much fun together and she is such a great grandma! They adore her.

Great updates! You can just tell from the photos and your posts how happy everyone was on that rainy day! I wonder if that's the day we were at Hollywood Studios and it rained and rained. We ended up going back to Pop early evening and the food court was packed. I think a lot of people were cutting their day short.

I think we sat in practically the same spot as your family when we ate at "Be Our Guest". It was so beautiful and the food was so good!

Glad you had some "mom time"! It's so cute and sweet to see how much your girls love their grandparents!

What section of Pop were you in? You may have mentioned it, but I don't remember. We were in the 80's building.

It really was fun. We could have left the park or grumbled about the rain.. but it just ended up being an adventure! :)
Isn't BOG amazing!?
We were in the 70's section right next to the Mickey mouse phone and soccer ball.

I'm loving your trip report! A couple questions... Where did you get the autograph books? And, you mentioned being hot at HS. About how hot was it?

Thank you!
I made the autograph books. I got the pages on the creative disign boards here on the dis. I did a search for autograph pages and there are a lot of links to them on photobucket that you can download. So I picked all the ones I wanted and printed them out. Then I bought the books at Hobby Lobby. They are foam covers on a spiral bound with a bunch of papers in them. They were only about 4 dollars each and I used coupons so I got them super cheap. Then I glued the printed out pages onto the pages in the spiral book. then I added some stickers and stuff to decorate them more.
They were super cute and easy to make. They loved them.
I am not sure how hot it was but... to be honest to some it might not have been as hot as it was to us. We like temps around 75. It had to have been in the upper 80's or early 90's with humidity. That's what it felt like at least and everyone we talked to mentioned the heat so I am assuming it wasn't just us.
We seem to bring the extremes in temperature with us on our Disney trips. Last trip we had a few hot days and then the rest of our trip was in the 30's and 40's and this time had mostly hot weather and then a few really cold days.!

Yay for Mickey! Those pictures from that meet are wonderful. I'm glad you could make the most out of your wet and soggy day. And a girls night with mom seems like a nice way to end her time on the the trip.

Thanks! We had such a great time meeting him.
It was such a nice way to end her trip. We wish they could have stayed the whole time!

OMG was i behind!!! I am SO SO SORRY!!!
I totally blame the new Dis i have not gotten ONE alert in regards to your updates!!! I AM SO SORRY!!!

there is so much to comment on as i said soooo behind.

ALL your pictures? PERFECT! I just love all your family photos seriously you guys are so flippin cute.
I am so glad she had a wonderful Birthday a fun party int eh room!!!
Gah i am missing so so much..

Ohana! Our Favorite as you know.. But what sticks out of course is BOG!!! OH MY LOVE!!! There aren't words to describe the BEST PLACE on Disney property! Apparently you had a grumpy CM maybe the same one i had! LOL

CP? Look how sweet the girls are!!! You just KNOW they were in the magic moment!!! and Talking MICKEY!!! So FUN! AND you got to meet the mice?!?! COME ON i am so jealous!
BBB hair help up!

Oh! The Pearls! WTG MOM!!! twins!!! and how the heck did you pick the exact same pearls with the girls! Magic.. That sums it all up doesn't it?
Glad they were able to retrieve your PP pictures!!!! that's excellent plus the fact the pictures were the best! SO happy you have them.

OK I know i am missing TONs and promise to get back here and re-read most of this!!!

I HOPE my alerts work now.. IF NOT please konk me on the head?!?! I cannot get this far behind again.

No worries! I have had the same problem. I mostly have to go searching for some of my updates.
Thank you! We have so much fun.
Ohana was awesome. And yes, BOG is pretty much my favorite. :) Yeah, that one CM was a grumpypants but she didn't mess up our experience. It was just too awesome to let her affect it. The other CM's we met there were great though. So maybe it was the same one!
I know! I couldn't believe their pearls were the same size. And my mom got two. Definitely magic moments right there.
I hope your alerts work too! I will have some more updates soon.

SAME HERE!

I think we have all had this issue for at least a few threads!

Tuesday my parents would be leaving Disney World. We decided to sleep in a bit and take it slower this morning so we could spend some time with them before they left.

We met up with them in the POP cafeteria for breakfast.

I got one pancake meal with eggs, meat, and fruit and split it up between Abi, Maddy, and myself.

It was cold enough this morning that we had some hot chocolate in our mugs.

068.JPG

069.JPG

My dad had the omelet and said it was okay.

070.JPG

My mom got the same meal me and the girls did minus the eggs and got some juice.

071.JPG

photo%2B(41).JPG

We enjoyed being able to hang out with them for a while before they had to leave.
We went back to our room and got ready for our day.
Maddy played with her stuffed animals for awhile, having a tea party.

074.JPG

My parents stopped by on their way and said goodbye.
I got the girls in their outfits for the day- a Frozen theme.
Soon we started out.
We played Twister for a few minutes.

075.JPG

Then played in the arcade for a few minutes.

076.JPG

077.JPG

And then we went out to wait for the bus to Magic Kingdom.
For most of this trip it was really hot and humid.
Then, Monday it rained and cooled down a bit.
But this morning it was COLD!
Really, really cold.
We were so grateful we had brought the girls winter coats, our gloves, and our hats.

078.JPG

photo%2B(40).JPG

photo%2B(39).JPG

When we went through the gates we noticed that Marie was out by the flagpole!
So we quickly got in line.

079.JPG

083.JPG

MK_TWNSQR_7099011293.jpeg

MK_TWNSQR_7099011296.jpeg

MK_TWNSQR_7105025929.jpeg

084.JPG

MK_TWNSQR_7105029649.jpeg

MK_TWNSQR_7105030466.jpeg

085.JPG

086.JPG

LOVED meeting her!

After meeting Marie we noticed that Mary Poppins was out close by.

We went right over and got in her line.

The Cast member came over and told us we would be the last in line.

088.JPG

089.JPG

090.JPG

091.JPG

092.JPG

093.JPG

094.JPG

095.JPG

photo%2B(37).JPG

After meeting her we went to our destination for lunch.
Starlight Cafe.

103.JPG

We had never been here before but had heard good things so we thought we would try it out.
It was crazy busy and we couldn't find anywhere to sit inside.
That was unfortunate because it was SO cold outside.
Abi and Maddy both had chicken nuggets with fries. Maddy had yogurt and Abi had a cookie.

096.JPG

097.JPG

Doug made them laugh by wiping their mouths with a napkin in a funny way... pulling it across their entire face back and forth really fast.

098.JPG

100.JPG

And then they laughed even harder when he did it to himself too.

102.JPG

Doug and I both had the grilled chicken sandwiches which were good.
We got the gelato with our meals but it was way too cold out there to eat them.

Great Update! I am making a mental note that we definitely need to pack the jackets. I remember when we went in November 2012 we had some chilly evenings. The one thing about not having a stroller will be having a place to stash the jackets. :)

Nice spending your parents final morning with them! Love the pic of Maddy having the tea party with her stuffies!

Wow, good thing you were prepared for the cool weather! Cute pics with Marie and Mary!

Nice spending your parents final morning with them! Love the pic of Maddy having the tea party with her stuffies!

Wow, good thing you were prepared for the cool weather! Cute pics with Marie and Mary!

It was sad to see them go! But so fun to have had them there.
I know! I am so glad we brought along those warm things. We would have been freezing otherwise.

Glad you had your jackets. And at least you got a break from the heat.

Yeah! See that's what happens. Complain about the heat and then we get the cold! Haha.

After lunch we went into Fantasyland.

Maddy was super excited to see these guys along the way!

104.JPG

As we were walking along a girl (probably high school or college aged) stopped and gave Abi this balloon. We said thank you and she was so happy but the girl went away so fast we didn't get a picture with her.
But whoever she was, she made this girls day!

105.JPG

106.JPG

We tied it to the stroller so that made our stroller easier to find the rest of the day!
Abi wanted to ride the carousel so we jumped in line for that.

107.JPG

I had told Abi about how we had found Cinderella's special horse for her to ride on our last trip so she really wanted to find it again.
This ride she was able to find it!

108.JPG

Maddy didn't feel like riding so she stayed off with Doug and I rode with Abi.
There they are!

111.JPG

112.JPG

After this we rode Peter Pan! Always love that ride!
Then we wanted to go try to meet Peter Pan.
On our way down to meet him we caught the Festival of Fantasy parade.
We wanted to see this parade but I didn't know when it was going to work out.
So, unfortunately we didn't see the entire thing... but we did get to see a lot of it and we really enjoyed it!

114.JPG

116.JPG

The Maleficent dragon is amazing.

117.JPG

118.JPG

122.JPG

124.JPG

125.JPG

126.JPG

127.JPG

129.JPG

130.JPG

132.JPG

When the parade was cleared we went over to where Peter meets and we got in line to wait for him.

We waited about 20 minutes for him and just enjoyed hanging out in line together and playing.

133.JPG

134.JPG

Peter showed up and we were so excited to meet him!

MK_VERANCHAR1_7099163833.jpeg

Maddy told him, "We just rode Peter Pan! Have you ever gone on the Peter Pan ride?"
He laughed and said, "Of course I have! It's my ride!"

MK_VERANCHAR1_7099163835.jpeg

He was very nice and personable.
I wish I could remember their whole conversation but he and Maddy had a lot of fun together.

MK_VERANCHAR1_7099165753.jpeg

MK_VERANCHAR1_7099165754.jpeg

MK_VERANCHAR1_7099165751.jpeg

140.JPG

141.JPG

MK_VERANCHAR1_7099163836.jpeg

MK_VERANCHAR1_7099163838.jpeg

After meeting Peter we went back up to the Mine Train for our next fast passes.
I rode with Abi first.

145.JPG

Our ride photos:

MK_MINETRAIN_7099196085.jpeg

MK_MINETRAIN_7099196110.jpeg

The guy behind Abi looks like he is whistling along with the dwarves.

Then we met back up with Doug and Maddy.
149.JPG

Doug rode with Abi (using Maddy's band) and Maddy and I got in line for the Fairy Godmother.

Doug and Abi's ride photo:

MK_MINETRAIN_7105031429.jpeg

I love Abi's excitement on this one! Although I do feel bad for the lady that has the blocked face. Hopefully she wasn't looking forward to this ride photo.
Then I noticed the kid in the very back. he looks like he is enjoying it as much as Maddy does... not at all.
But oh my gosh. Look at that little guy in front of the kid that looks scared. How freaking adorable is he??? Such a cutie.
Do I look at other people in our photos too much?

MK_MINETRAIN_7105032426.jpeg

I asked Abi if she knew where the camera was for this one and she said no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter