Pop, Pop, Poppity-Pop! A November 2014 trip report

Monday we were feeling much better after resting up on Sunday night.

We met at the buses for Magic Kingdom and got to the park around 8:30am.

939.JPG

We were going with a Tinkerbell theme for the girls today.

940.JPG

941.JPG

We didn't have an early breakfast but we also didn't want to be caught up in the rush this time so we took our time getting in and stopped along the way for some photos.

943.JPG

photo%2B(49).JPG

photo%2B(50).JPG

944.JPG

We wanted to be able to see the rope drop show a little better this time and since we weren't in a rush to be the first through the tunnels afterward we didn't have to worry about being farther away from them.
We picked out a spot right in the middle.
Soon the train was pulling up!

945.JPG

The girls were so excited to see all their friends on the train.
And they loved seeing that the Tremaine's were on there as well!
And when everyone threw out streamers of paper, Anastasia had a very small one.

947.JPG

It was so much fun to watch!

Once in the park we had definitely made the right decision. Most people had rushed past already and we were able to take it slow and enjoy the walk and stop to do some pictures.

948.JPG

MK_TSHOLIDAY_7098031937.jpeg

MK_TSHOLIDAY_7098031939.jpeg

MK_TSHOLIDAY_7098031941.jpeg

950.JPG

Good morning castle!

951.JPG

952.JPG

Today we went straight back to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad again since we had yet to ride it.

Abi got to be the timer. The cast member gave her the lanyard she is wearing and that would tell the CM's at the ride how long it took us to get to the ride (how they determine wait times).

She took this job very seriously and got frustrated with me when I made her and my mom stop to take a picture because she said it could mess up the time.

953.JPG

It ended up being only about 10-15 minutes to get on.
Maddy stayed off with my dad.
Abi rode with my mom and Doug and I rode together in front of them.

954.JPG

955.JPG

We all loved the ride.
Then we went over to Splash Mountain.
I didn't really feel like getting wet that morning so I stayed with my dad and Maddy (plus, honestly, I didn't really want him to feel like he was only along to stay off rides with Maddy).
We waited by the bridge so we could see them go by.
It felt like it took forever before we saw them!

There they are!

956.JPG

There they are again!

957.JPG

And here they come!

958.JPG

Their ride photo

MK_SPLASH_7105017014.jpeg

I love Abi's joyful face on this ride...
but check out the lady in the back row!
Is that an excited or terrified face? I can't tell.

MK_SPLASH_7105017593.jpeg

Maddy pretty much danced the whole time they were riding...

959.JPG

960.JPG

When they got off Splash we all headed to the train station by the ride because we thought it would be fun to ride the train over to Fantasyland.

961.JPG

962.JPG

963.JPG

964.JPG

965.JPG

It was a nice ride and we enjoyed seeing all the little details you usually don't see unless you ride the train.
We got off at the train station by Dumbo.
And went straight for something we were all excited about!
We had our fast pass for the new 7 Dwarves Mine Train!
We were so excited to try this out! And also very excited that we were able to get fast passes so we wouldn't have to wait in the very long standby line.

966.JPG

We knew that it might scare Maddy and my dad might not like it... but we wanted everyone to try it at least once to make sure.
Doug rode with Maddy. I rode with my dad. And Abi rode with my mom.

967.JPG

Ride photo!
Yeah.. my dad was a little nervous...

MK_MINETRAIN_7098096730.jpeg

I think this picture is pretty funny.
You can see that Abi is LOVING it. I am having fun. My mom you can't really tell but she was liking it. My dad not so much. Doug has a smile on his face.
But look at Maddy's face. That girl was terrified.

MK_MINETRAIN_7098096766.jpeg

MK_MINETRAIN_7105017753.jpeg

I tried to get a picture as we went through the mines. That part of the ride is so cool but they all were really blurry. This one was the best one.. but still blurry.

970.JPG

I spy the Beast's castle!

971.JPG

972.JPG

Snow White's cottage...

973.JPG

974.JPG

The ride was great.
I thought it was a lot of fun without being too scary (unless you are my dad or Maddy that is)

Next we went over to Peter Pan.

976.JPG

We all love Peter Pan!
It was close to time for our lunch reservations so we started to head back toward the restaurant.
We stopped for some photos.
(and what in the world is Maddy doing with her leg!)

MK_MKCINDCOACH_7098115730.jpeg

Well, where were we headed for lunch?

Be Our Guest!

Again!

They are a sit down table service for dinner but for lunch it is a quick service (more relaxed feel) so we wanted to try it for both.

I was able to go online to a fast pass reservation website and make a fast pass (not using our 3 every day fast passes) for lunch and even order our food online beforehand.

After loving the place so much we couldn't wait to get in there again!

When we got close we still had a few minutes so we went to the bridge for some photos and magic shots.

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7098121099.jpeg

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7098121919.jpeg

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7098121921.jpeg

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7098121932.jpeg

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7098121936.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7098121934.jpg

A lot of the photos are similar but I have to post them all because... Maddy.

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7098124483.jpeg

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7098124487.jpeg

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7098124489.jpeg

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7098124491.jpeg

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7098124493.jpeg

977.JPG

I wasn't sure what the girls would want to eat from BOG for lunch since it had pretty much the same menu for them as the other night and I didn't want to order it beforehand so we decided to get them pretzels to take in. So, I only pre-ordered for us adults.
Then me and Abi left everyone by Gaston's fountain and ran down to the pretzel cart by Dumbo.
I took some pictures along the way..

978.JPG

979.JPG

We had to wait for a few minutes for it to open.

980.JPG

We used snack credits to got two pretzels and two Sprites, stuck them in the backpack and went back to meet up with the family.
When we got back by Gaston's Tavern we saw that Gaston was out so we had to stop to meet him.
I never thought I would WANT to meet the nemesis of my favorite Disney characters.. but after hearing so much about him being so fun to meet we just had to.
He did not disappoint.
Abi wouldn't meet him but Maddy got in line with Doug and I.
He was really funny.
He just made himself quite comfortable with us telling us how handsome he was and how great he was at everything.

MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_7098193021.jpeg

MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_7098193022.jpeg

When Maddy gave him the autograph books and markers, he used his chest to click the marker out.
We thought that was so funny and Doug commented on it.
So then he kept doing it on different parts of his body to show how rock hard he was everywhere.

MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_7098196615.jpeg

MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_7098196616.jpeg

MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_7098196617.jpeg

MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_7098196618.jpeg

I wish I could remember everything he was saying because we could hardly get through the pictures from laughing.

MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_7098196619.jpeg

After our meet, the girls threw coins in the fountain to make wishes.

981.JPG

Coming up next: we check in at Be Our Guest

Really enjoying your TP. Loving Maddy's poses but I have to say the thing that has really made me howl with laughter is that woman's face on Splash Mountain!! Absolutely hysterical!!

I can remember when we went on Jurassic Park at Universal many years ago, I bought the photo simply because of the expression on the face of a little girl sitting a couple of rows behind us. It was just like that woman's!!! LOL (I also bought it to prove I went on it in the first place - NEVER AGAIN! But I digress...)

The AK outfits are just so cute. Sounds like such a great day! YAY for Abi and your mom conquering EE, it sounds like it was a great moment for them :)

No matter what, I feel like you always wish you could've done more during your trips but you can only push yourself so much! I think taking the night off was a wise decision!

You got some great pics of everyone riding Splash! HAHA the lady in the back's face!!

Your SDMT photos are great! Poor Maddy!

So jealous you got a picture in front of the carriage!!

Great pics with Gaston!

I am cracking up at Maddy striking poses in every picture.. Hahahaha seriously how cute!!

Isn't it funny? And most of the time I didn't realize how much she was doing until I saw the photos!

Really enjoying your TP. Loving Maddy's poses but I have to say the thing that has really made me howl with laughter is that woman's face on Splash Mountain!! Absolutely hysterical!!

I can remember when we went on Jurassic Park at Universal many years ago, I bought the photo simply because of the expression on the face of a little girl sitting a couple of rows behind us. It was just like that woman's!!! LOL (I also bought it to prove I went on it in the first place - NEVER AGAIN! But I digress...)

I know! Isn't she funny! I wish I knew who she was!
Haha. That's funny. My 9 year old really wants to go to Universal and ride Jurassic Park because we just watched the movies together. I know Maddy wouldn't do it. I have been on it a few times in my life and I know I would be way more scared on it again than Abi would be.

The AK outfits are just so cute. Sounds like such a great day! YAY for Abi and your mom conquering EE, it sounds like it was a great moment for them :)

No matter what, I feel like you always wish you could've done more during your trips but you can only push yourself so much! I think taking the night off was a wise decision!

You got some great pics of everyone riding Splash! HAHA the lady in the back's face!!

Your SDMT photos are great! Poor Maddy!

So jealous you got a picture in front of the carriage!!

Great pics with Gaston!

Thanks! It really did become such a special moment for them. Right before Christmas we went into Hallmark and Abi asked if we could get the abominable snow monster (from rudolph) itty bitty dolls for her and my mom since they were a yeti.
Agreed. There is so much to do and even when it is an extra long trip it is impossible to do everything in one trip I think.

Okay, where was I?
Oh yes. We checked in for our fast pass for lunch at Be Our Guest.
They gave us these magic roses when we checked in.

983.JPG

And of course we had to do this with them...

984.JPG

985.JPG

We got in about 3 minutes later.
So glad to be back in here!

photo%2B(42).JPG

We ordered at little kiosks and then found a table.
We ate in the ballroom this time.

photo%2B(45).JPG

photo%2B(46).JPG

photo%2B(47).JPG

987.JPG

988.JPG

989.JPG

I had pre ordered the Braised Pork for Doug with the chocolate cream puff for dessert.
Once there he added on the French Onion Soup (paying out of pocket for that. We would later learn we could have used a snack credit for it but more on that later)
He LOVED the french onion soup.
And the pork. Everything was so good.

990.JPG

I got the carved turkey sandwich with fries.
I shared the fries with the girls.
It was quite tasty but after trying a bite of Doug's pork I knew that if I came again I would order that.

991.JPG

I got the Master's cupcake for dessert.
It is like a chocolate cupcake with the Gray stuff on top.
It is the best cupcake I have ever had anywhere. I'm not lying.
Perfect ratio of frosting to cupcake in my opinion.

photo%2B(48).JPG

My mom and dad had also ordered the braised pork.
My dad got the strawberry cream puff and my mom also got the master's cupcake.

992.JPG

Yummy food!
Great atmosphere!
This place is so awesome.

993.JPG

Maddy and my mom.
Maddy was trying to tell her something and my mom couldn't understand what it was.
Maddy was so frustrated.

996.JPG

997.JPG

After lunch we went over to the Christmas tree to take some pictures.
That's when I noticed these awesome stained glass ornaments.
I love them so much.
I tried to find out if you could buy them but as far as anyone here or the shop in Belle's village knew, you can't.

998.JPG

999.JPG

1000.JPG

1001.JPG

1002.JPG

1004.JPG

1005.JPG

Every detail in this place is amazing.

1006.JPG

1007.JPG

1008.JPG

1009.JPG

1010.JPG

1011.JPG

After lunch we went back past Belle's village...

1012.JPG

And Ariel's castle

1013.JPG

back to the Fantasyland station...

1014.JPG

We got on the train again and rode it to the front of the park.

1015.JPG

I totally agree, the grey stuff cupcake is one of the best I've EVER had.

Such cute pics of Maddy and your mom, especially the one of them hugging!

The ornaments were SO gorgeous!

The braised pork looks awesome! As well as the cupcakes. We were planning on lunch at BOG on our March trip, although I was able to snag a dinner ADR last week (it pays to stalk around)! My fiance and I did dinner there in September and we liked it. My March trip is with my mom, aunt and cousin so they're all excited to try it.

I have heard from a few reports that the kids menu is lacking in choices, but hey a Mickey pretzel is always a great lunch option :thumbsup2

Great O'Hana review - that is definitely one of the places I want to try in the future! It looks like so much fun to watch the water parade from the beach, what a nice relaxing night!

Animal Kingdom day sounds great, I would do just like you and make sure we saw both shows - great pics!

Oh my goodness, Maddy's face on SDMT is priceless, poor girl she's just like me!

Those ornaments are great on the BOG tree - glad you got to eat there again!

Hi! I just saw your Bibiddy Bobbidy photos - then the Beautiful photo shoot! What a lovely memory! I will be staying a the Pop in March & was looking around for pictures, so I found your TR.

Looks like your family had a Wonderful time! Loved the 'boutique' & photo shoot so much - too bad my little girl is only one year old! I have to wait at least 2 yrs .

Great T.R. !

I totally agree, the grey stuff cupcake is one of the best I've EVER had.

Such cute pics of Maddy and your mom, especially the one of them hugging!

The ornaments were SO gorgeous!

Right!? It's so good. I really wish they would have had those ornaments for sale. But maybe I can figure out a way to make them myself.

The braised pork looks awesome! As well as the cupcakes. We were planning on lunch at BOG on our March trip, although I was able to snag a dinner ADR last week (it pays to stalk around)! My fiance and I did dinner there in September and we liked it. My March trip is with my mom, aunt and cousin so they're all excited to try it.

I have heard from a few reports that the kids menu is lacking in choices, but hey a Mickey pretzel is always a great lunch option :thumbsup2

It really was so good. I will have one more meal at BOG on this trip (spoiler alert!) and I'll talk more about it then.
The menu for kids really is a little bit harder but I think if you have kids that aren't as picky they will love being able to have options beside the normal kids menu things. My littlest is really picky though so I knew she wouldn't be too interested in their options. Taking in the pretzel worked great plus used up snack credits instead of meal credits!

Great O'Hana review - that is definitely one of the places I want to try in the future! It looks like so much fun to watch the water parade from the beach, what a nice relaxing night!

Animal Kingdom day sounds great, I would do just like you and make sure we saw both shows - great pics!

Thanks. It was so great. It is definitely on our list of must dine places for any future trips.

Oh my goodness, Maddy's face on SDMT is priceless, poor girl she's just like me!

Those ornaments are great on the BOG tree - glad you got to eat there again!

I know. Poor thing. It was so funny... and sad.
I get scared on rides too sometimes so I understand her a little.

All caught up and ready for more!

Yay! I will be getting up some more here shortly.

Hi! I just saw your Bibiddy Bobbidy photos - then the Beautiful photo shoot! What a lovely memory! I will be staying a the Pop in March & was looking around for pictures, so I found your TR.

Looks like your family had a Wonderful time! Loved the 'boutique' & photo shoot so much - too bad my little girl is only one year old! I have to wait at least 2 yrs .

Great T.R. !

So glad you found your way over! It is so much fun! Thanks!

We wanted to be at the front of the park because we had a fast pass to meet Tinkerbell!

We wanted a fast pass for her this time because on our last trip she was our longest line.

When we got to the front of the park, my dad said that he wanted to go back to the hotel for a little while and would come back in a few hours to meet us for dinner.

We were going to go in and use our fast pass right away but we noticed that Mickey Mouse had only a 15 minute wait so we decided to jump in line for that.

We would be meeting Mickey later in the trip.. but my mom would be gone at that time.

Plus, this Mickey, he TALKS.

We had never experienced that before and decided we might as well check him out.

The line ended up being more like 40 minutes. But we kept ourselves entertained.

1016.JPG

Abi got to be the wait time checker again.

1017.JPG

1019.JPG

Finally, we got to where we could see Mickey!
I didn't tell the girls that he talked. So they were pretty amazed.

1022.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7098314093.jpg

Big hugs!

1023.JPG

1025.JPG

The way Maddy is looking at him...

1026.JPG

Showing him that he has a special page- the first one in the book!

MK_TSTHEATERCCHAR_7098318472.jpeg

MK_TSTHEATERCCHAR_7098318475.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7098318477.jpg

After he signed their books he asked them to twirl with him.

MK_TSTHEATERCCHAR_7098318478.jpeg

MK_TSTHEATERCCHAR_7098318479.jpeg

MK_TSTHEATERCCHAR_7098318480.jpeg

I really wasn't sure how we would feel about this but it was pure magic.
The girls were beaming and we were near tears with the joy of the whole interaction.

1029.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7098318487.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7098318488.jpg

MK_TSTHEATERCCHAR_7098318489.jpeg

What it is all about in the end.
Magic moments.

MK_TSTHEATERCCHAR_7098318490.jpeg

MK_TSTHEATERCCHAR_7098318491.jpeg

We went through the shop on our way out and my mom used some of her money for Maddy to get her this Cinderella tea set.
This CM was great. She was talking with Maddy for a few minutes.

1030.JPG

Abi bought some Minnie princess ears.. but they aren't in the picture.
Then we got in line for our fast pass with Tinkerbell.
This kid is excited to see her!

1031.JPG

1032.JPG

Tink!

MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_7098335969.jpeg

MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_7098337293.jpeg

Telling her that dandelions are her favorite flower.

MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_7098337294.jpeg

MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_7098337295.jpeg

MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_7098337296.jpeg

They loved showing her the Tinkerbell bows in their hair and Maddy was so excited that they were dressed alike. Tinkerbell called her a mini Tink.

1034.JPG

1035.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7098335969.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7098337297.jpg

Another great meet!
When we came out of the town hall, it was raining.
A lot.
I got the ponchos out of the backpack and we all put one on.
Abi did not want to wear hers.

1038.JPG

Lucky for her I also had the umbrella and I gave that to her.

001.JPG

My mom and I were excited because it had been pretty warm on this trip so far and the rain had cooled it down quite a bit.
AND the park was getting empty.
People were disappearing like crazy.

002.JPG

We were headed back to Fantasyland.
And by the time we went through the castle tunnel the rain was falling HARD.
It had picked up so much that everyone was ducking under overhangs and into buildings even if they had ponchos or umbrellas.
We jumped under the cover by Castle Couture.
And as we turned around we saw that these girls were there with us!
LUCKY!!

003.JPG

We jumped in line behind a few other people and then the CM that was with them then said we would be the last family to meet them.
Again, lucky.
I never thought we would meet them so we didn't have pages for them. But there were general pages in the back of the book that they could sign.

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

We were all so excited!

After we met the mice we stood under the cover for a few more minutes.

But then we decided we would get back out in the rain and go ride rides.

Abi put the poncho back on and we jumped out into the rain, splashing and having an awesome time.

We went to the Winnie the Pooh ride.

008.JPG

The line was a bit long since it would be indoors. We ended up waiting for about 25 minutes. But it didn't bother us. We were having a blast.
The girls played in the play area which was something they didn't really get to do when we had fast passes.

009.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

For my dad...

018.JPG

For me. :)

019.JPG

020.JPG

024.JPG

Abi and my mom got in one honey bucket.

025.JPG

Doug, Maddy, and I got in the next one.

026.JPG

Blurry.. but Maddy was so excited to be back on her favorite ride again.

027.JPG

We stopped in the shop on our way out.
My mom bought both of the girls the tubes that you put this sugar in.
And Maddy got a baby Winnie the Pooh.

028.JPG

Then we went straight over to the teacups.

029.JPG

030.JPG

Then we decided it was time to go try out Gaston's tavern for a snack.
Hello castle!

031.JPG

We knew we wanted to get in here at least once and try some of the snacks and the LeFou's brew.

032.JPG

Oh man. The details. The details were amazing.

033.JPG

We got 2 brews to share. It is like a frozen apple juice with some kind of marshmallow flavor and passion fruit mango foam.
The foam wasn't my favorite. And the whole thing was really sweet. The slushy part was pretty good.
We all enjoyed it.

034.JPG

My mom bought one of the giant cinnamon rolls for us to share and cut it into a bunch of pieces.
That was delicious.

035.JPG

036.JPG

I made Doug do this pose.

037.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter