..Pop My Jibbitz!!! We Are In Disney Woild! **UPD 6/23 PG 69 #1022**

DISUNC

<font color=peach>I cried like a baby watching the
Ok! It’s that time of the year again. Where should we go on vacation???? The choices were Disney World (of course) or Disneyland and the rest of California. The decision was way too easy when I received an email in early April, from Allegiant Airlines, for $79.00 direct NONSTOP flight from Allentown PA to Sanford, FL. The DEAL was SEALED! :thumbsup2

We live ½ hour away from Allentown Airport, and they haven’t had direct flights to Orlando area in some time. I have to fly direct for two reasons. One is I HATE TO FLY, the other is every single time I ever had too switch planes, my luggage was lost!!!! Normally I drive down to Orlando, which I really like too do. But for $79.00 each way…and on a DIRECT flight…how can you turn that down?

Now you ask...Who are “We”? We are DisUnc (Andy, yours truly) who has always had a certain familiarity and comfort for anything Disney, and DisNef, otherwise known as James, my 12 year old Great Nephew. James has learned from the Master himself to also appreciate the fine Disney quality and NOT to pay attention to anyone else in the circle of Family, Friends and Neighbors
mob.gif
when they say “You two are going ‘there’ AGAIN?” Mere foolish Mortals they are, who should be banished to Great Adventures for all of eternity!

This will be my umpteenth time since 1975 :hourglass going down to WDW, and James 6th time. You see a couple of years ago, in 1999, with all the new Millennium whoopla and reaching a milestone birthday (ahem!....the 21st anniversary of my 19th birthday) :smooth: I made a promise/birthday present to myself. I was very deep way back then. The promise was that ‘NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS’ I would go to WDW every year for the rest of my life! Only I never thought that the “Whatever happens” will be some real never to be imagined type circumstances. This is one tough promise to keep…but so far so good!

So since 1999 we have been down there every year except one, 2003….and I don’t have a clue as to why I didn’t go to WDW that year.

Now since I saved so much money with the airfare, don’t ya think that we should stay in WDW a bit longer???? ::yes:: Of course!!!!!! 10 days are set. Now to book a resort! Rent a car or not rent a car? Should we go offsite for any of those other places I hear they have in Orlando? Will my Boss approve my vacation, which I already paid the non refundable airfare? Should I tell my best friend from High school, who lives near Tampa that we will be there? Should I book myself or try an AAA TA????
headache.gif

All these decisions MUST be made…along with all the other 1,000 decisions one must make before going on a 10 day vacation to The Mudda Country!

James is a bit perturbed that we are not driving to WDW. (a lot of noive for a kid who aint laying out a dime) However he does insist that for this trip like the past two, we stay at the POP Century. :woohoo: The kid LOVES this resort and, I must say, so do I. So I start getting prices for 10 days @ the POP. I will try to get an AAA TA who knows what they are talking about. Every time I dealt with an AAA in NE PA…their prices were WAYYYYYYYY higher than what WDW was quoting me for the same deal.
hairpulling.gif
I got the name of a good AAA TA (in North Carolina) from the DisBoards (Thanks, triplefigs)…Wow a HUGE
dollar.gif
savings I got. So we were booked for the POP.

I also decided to tell my best friend from HS that we are coming down…(I don’t always) and as usual he INSIST that we come to his house (oh a day away from WDW is torture for us)
scream.gif
. I gave my Nef a choice to do one of the following; Sea World, Universal, Gator World or Kennedy Space Center, he chose KSC
spaceship.gif
! So I would need a car.
Renting a car was the worst part of planning. Trying to get a cheap or even inexpensive car in Orlando is a ‘luck of the draw” thing. I tried every code from every board, and nothing came out very cheap. Wound up with a roomy but stripped SUV
SUV.gif
from Alamo. It was ok, but no great bargain. That is until I saw all the prices 200.00 more :eek: just two weeks before I left. WHEW!

I also check the schedule at work
work.gif
for the 10 days I will be gone no Clients will be in. It would be sooooooooo slow that my Boss and another one of my teammates had taken the same week off. Now if ONLY the Company Scheduler bothered to note any of this. Three weeks before vacation I noticed the Cracker Jack Scheduler
dunce.gif
my company employed had booked SO MANY CLIENTS THAT WEEK…and we had half the staff out on vacation. It was one of the busiest weeks EVER. This kind of made me VERY HAPPY :dancer: that I will be on Vacation, when it was going to be bedlam at work. Could it be the Disney magic at play??? :tinker:

I also fell into the DisBoards CROC fanaticism. After reading, on these boards, all the glories of Crocs, I thought they were only for woman. One day I read a post where a guy said he bought a pair. :confused3 I even started a thread about “Do men really wear crocs?” The response was enough to lure me into the mysterious Croc World. At first I was a bit hesitant, since last year I read the glories of putting some type of blister deodorant looking thing on your feet. I read from hundreds of Disers who SWORE by this blister deodorant looking thing. I bought this blister deodorant looking stuff, rubbed it all over my feet…and within 2 hours in WDW had water blisters the size of some small children on my feet.
stinkyfeet.gif
Anyhooooo, I broke down and bought a pair of chocolate brown Crocs.

When they came in the mail, I put them on, and ONLY since have taken them off when I go to work! OMG! And I mean OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO…M….G! Crocs are the absolute most comfortable shoe ANYONE will EVER wear! EVER, EVER, EVER! This is the only time in this TR I will skip ahead with. I wore my Crocs the WHOLE TIME while home in the Mudda Country…not a blister, No sore legs at the end of the day. A Higher Power designed these Crocs :cloud9: that these Disers talk about!!!!!!

I booked my trip for 10 days (longest trip ever!) from July 23 to August 2nd, Hotel, Air, Car and Tickets. Two weeks before I left, I was doing some stuff for work
calendar.gif
before I left and noticed that July 23rd to August 2nd is 11 DAYS…Not 10!!!! Why I thought these dates were 10 and not 11 is one sweet mystery. :tinker: We have an EXTRA day in WDW…and (duh!) didn’t even realize it.

One more Pre trip note…I “borrowed” a thought from the GREAT Hucifer :worship: in her TR. While in WDW I vow not to complain (rarely), cry (never…unless it’s the last 3 minutes of a certain movie) or curse (this will be tuff for me…it comes so naturally)! I think these are great rules to have while in the Mudda Country. Like so many other ‘vows’ I have taken in my life, these will all be broken…except for one….almost broken one. Of course as this Trip report unfolds, you will see I had very GOOD reason to break them.

So if you are still with me, and care to go on further, please slip on your Crocs, grab your Pal Mickey and join me for my ‘tell it like I sees it, not always gonna be politically correct, the good, the bad, the magic” next installment of “POP MY JIBBITZ! We are in Disney Woild”, titled “Floor It!”

Warning: This will be ONE LONG TR! I can't seem to stop typing or edit myself in any way!

Special Thanks to all my fellow Threadkillers & Limeys for urging me on! Now because of this, YOU ALL BETTER READ EVERY WORD! There will be Pop Quiz's and a Final Exam! :teacher:

DAY 1 PART 1 FLOOR IT! Pg 3 Post #40
DAY 1 PART 2 THE ANGST OF FLYING Pg 6 Post #88
DAY 1 PART 3 ELVIS,THE CRAZY LADY & FINALLY WE ARRIVE! Pg 9 Post #130
DAY 1 PART 4 BACK AT THE POP! Pg 12 Post #170
DAY 1 PART 5 Grand Finale of the Day at MK! Pg 17 Post #249
DAY 2 PART 1 The Assasination Attempt! Pg 20 Post #295
DAY 2 PART 2 Mystical Magical Mickeyless Morning at the Magic Kingdom! Pg 23 Post #341
DAY 2 PART 3 Who Wants To Be A Pseudo Millionaire! Pg 27 Post #399
DAY 2 PART 4 Freak Out on The Tower of Terror! Pg 29 Post #432
DAY 3 PART 1 We Gotz a Yeti To Find! Pg 32 Post #477
DAY 3 PART 2 DisUnc Meets Forrest Gump Jr.! Pg 35 Post #525
DAY 3 PART 3 DisUnc Meets Inspector Clouseau Jr.! Pg 40 Post #593
DAY 4 PART 1 DisUnc and James Space Cadets Pg 53 Post #784
DAY 4 PART 2 Suicidal Squirell Pg 57 Post #854
DAY 5 PART 1 In Search of a Bagel Pg 61 Post #911
scared2.gif

DAY 5 PART 2 Old Friends Pg 69 Post #1022

DISUNC said:
Ok! I was very deep way back then.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww DisUnc, you're still DEEP (but, deep in what??? :confused3 )

GRrrrreat job - I will read every word.... but am AWFUL at tests!!!

Keep up the good work! Now off to look at Crocs on-line! :sunny:

I cannot wait to keep reading. Do not have crocs, but my daughter does lol!! I am sitting back waiting for the rest of your TR!

Great start, Lime King! I :love: it when you use smileys in your stories. :sunny:

Can't wait for the next chapter! Yay, DISUNC!

i'm waiting for more, with baited breath :tongue:

Hey DisUnc as usual your stories are the best. I am sitting here in my hotel room in florida waiting to go to the mutherland in 2 weeks. You better get in lots of tips and must do's soon so I can check them out. Oh by the way did you bring home any virtual souveniours for us Limeys?
Keep up the good work I look forward to reading more.

What color are the Crocs? :thumbsup2

Edited to add: Never mind, I didn't read closely enough...chocolate brown...although Chocolate is my favorite food, you didn't get LIMEGREEN??

Thanks for posting your TR, you know us LIMERS we never have enough to read! ;) Can't wait for more! popcorn::

hrh_disney_queen said:
What color are the Crocs? :thumbsup2

Edited to add: Never mind, I didn't read closely enough...chocolate brown...although Chocolate is my favorite food, you didn't get LIMEGREEN??

You're not gonna do well on the Pop Quiz! :p

Great TR so far, DISUNC!

DISUNC,

I am loving what I am reading ---

give us MORE .........................

P.S. You are making me rethink the Crocs idea !

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Yea! It's about time!...
I mean, thank you Lord Lime for such wonderful reading material!

It's great Dis!! Can't wait for more!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

My DH still can't understand me when I talk about ADR's or whether we should consider CBR or POP for our next visit, or why I hang out on the Dis, but somehow it took very little time for me to take him to the mall & make him try on a pair of Crocs. That was all it took. He chose black. He regrets the colour choice only b/c they do absorb all that sunlight...he loves them and he was approached by a guy on a Disney bus all relieved to have found another guy wearing them - like their own little secret club on the bus for what 5 min?

Anyways...looking forward to more (after my trip up north...don't get too far ahead!)

ok so I am not threadkiller or a limey (as far as I know) but I want to be in the fun of this trippie, so bring it on- I'll read every word.

I do great on pop quizzes and tests. :teacher:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter