Pop Century review

Eitak

Earning My Ears
First off is this is the wrong place I apologize, I was not 100% sure where to put this.

I got back from my first solo vacation two weeks ago and oh my paws and whiskers it was amazing. (Minus the crazy heat/humidity and bug bites!)

I promised I would talk about Pop century before I left but seeing as I have never done a hotel review before I am not sure if I will miss anything. Please feel free to ask if you want to know something specific. :)

Alright so I stayed in the top floor of the 50's building. My agent who booked it said there was a special on preferred rooms which I assume is why I was closer to the main building. It was nice to be so close, however I had to walk through a smoking section to get to my room. The section was in a main through-fare, which didn't make much sense to me.

If you have heard anything about noise at pop century it's correct. You can hear water running, kids yelling, and people in other rooms talking. I was not in my room all that much so it really didn't bother me.

I also read somewhere that pop was dirty. I thought my room was pretty clean. I didn't even notice any dirty grout in the shower. Be warned though the rooms are small. I think mine measured at 240 square feet. And the rooms are laid out in such a way that if you opened your door and walked right in you would slam straight into the bed.

I did walk around on my last day, and the lake side of the hotel is beautiful. If you stay there request a room on that side.

As a final note, I came back to my room late one night to find my door open. Housekeeping cleans multiple rooms at once and uses the security bar to keep the doors ajar so they don't have to keep keying into the rooms. They forgot to move mine, so my room was open to anyone for hours. I did check my things and didn't see anything taken but the thought that someone could have gone through my stuff kinda creeps me out. I don't know, maybe I am being silly.

I did speak to the front desk, and they said since nothing was taken they would send an e-mail to housekeeping but that they could do nothing else.

All in all, the room wasn't bad for my needs and if I ever went back and needed to stay there for money reasons I would. But only for money reasons.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info. Just booked 5 nights there in June. Originally had townhouse booked offsite, but saw the summer discounts and checked prices. It's a little more to stay at Pop Century, but the other benefits are worth it (Magic Bands, parking, shuttle, etc). Now the trip feels more like a real Disney vacation. We normally stay at POFQ, but that was not in the budget this year. I'm not expecting 5 star accommodations, this sets my expectations at a realistic level.

We've stayed at Pop 4 times. Twice, we've stayed with a group of 14, and it was easy to co-ordinate as Disney gave us adjacent rooms! The buses were plentiful. The food in the cafeteria was as good as any other moderate resort's quick serve restaurants. It's fun to walk across the bridge to eat at "Art of Animation" resort's cafeteria for more variety.

Every time i've gone to wdw I've stayed at the pop. Its probably the best value resort there considering it has its own bus unlike the all-stars resorts and since you can use the " generation gap" bridge to walk over to art of animation and see all their larger than life sculptures and what not. I love the pop.

I'm staying there in October. I'm glad to hear positive things about it. I got a preferred room. I want to be close to transportation, so I hope the preferred room helps with that.

I will be staying at POP for the first time in late Oct - early Nov (first SOLO trip). I am a tad alarmed that your door was left open all day long. That is inexcusable to to me. Thank God nothing was taken.

I am a POFQ "Queen", but I am very much looking forward to my more whimsical POP CENTURY stay. Cant wait to take a stroll around lake and cross over the Generation Gap bridge for a stroll / tour of the Art of Animation resort. Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter