Pool hopping questions

Disney mac

Mouseketeer
So I'm relatively new to DVC, and I'm trying to understand the pool hopping restrictions. When I bought I was told there are a few dates and storm a long bay.
But according to https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...offers/#/recreation-relaxation,resort-hotels/
It now says a lot of pools are off limits. I'm here at poly (my home resort), but staying at boardwalk. The lifeguards let me in after a little haggling, but I'm a looking for any info from anyone else.
Thanks

So I'm relatively new to DVC, and I'm trying to understand the pool hopping restrictions. When I bought I was told there are a few dates and storm a long bay.
But according to https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...offers/#/recreation-relaxation,resort-hotels/
It now says a lot of pools are off limits. I'm here at poly (my home resort), but staying at boardwalk. The lifeguards let me in after a little haggling, but I'm a looking for any info from anyone else.
Thanks
No, those rules are very clear that there is no pool hopping to the Poly pools. It doesn't matter that you own at the Poly, if you are staying at BWV, you cannot pool hop to the Poly.
Denise

No, those rules are very clear that there is no pool hopping to the Poly pools. It doesn't matter that you own at the Poly, if you are staying at BWV, you cannot pool hop to the Poly.
Denise
Thanks. Is this new? When I bought in last summer, it was clearly just storm a long. By that list, I'm not sure where you can pool hop anymore.

Thanks. Is this new? When I bought in last summer, it was clearly just storm a long. By that list, I'm not sure where you can pool hop anymore.
No it is not new. More restricted pools get added every year, but there have been several on the list for multiple years.
Denise

Wow, I was badly misinformed. Thanks.

I personally think we should always be able to hop to your home resort since your paying for it in dues.

I personally think we should always be able to hop to your home resort since your paying for it in dues.
If that's the worst info you got related to sales and usage, you're in good shape. Many of us old timers expected the entire option to go away at some point and frankly, I still do. At one time years ago Disney allowed pool hoping across the board before DVC. It's been somewhat slowly reduced over the years. As noted, there are no day use options with DVC, so owning at a given resort doesn't open up the pool for those owners.

I inquired with the CMs in the lobby of VGF about which pools were available for pool hopping. They acted like no one had ever asked this question before. After doing some research, they told me Poly, Contemporary, but not Beach Club. I was surprised, because this info was contrary to the info in the thread mentioned above.

This info was for my adult children who were not doing the parks. They fell in love with the pools at VGF, so they never tested it.

The only change to pool hopping in the last two years was an added restriction of Wilderness Lodge when they closed the villas pool.

Poly's been off-limits for years.

The only change to pool hopping in the last two years was an added restriction of Wilderness Lodge when they closed the villas pool.

Poly's been off-limits for years.
Not really. Only since they opened the DVC component. This is quoted from the Fall, 2015 Disney Files magazine and is the first time the Poly was included:

Pool hopping is never available at
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Bay Lake Tower
at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Animal
Kingdom Lodge, Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club
Resorts (including Disney’s Beach Club Villas),
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, or at the
Disneyland Resort in California.

Not really. Only since they opened the DVC component. This is quoted from the Fall, 2015 Disney Files magazine and is the first time the Poly was included:
I thought it was longer, to be honest -- I thought they shut it down while Poly DVC was in development and the pool was a dirt pit.

As I recall after SAB/BCV the second restricted pools became AKV when DVC was added there. (2008ish) Then BLT when it opened. (2009) VGF still allows hopping but Poly became restricted when PVB was added. AoA was included when it opened.

Then it might follow to reason that you shouldn't be able to use the pool at the resort you are staying at if it is restricted as you don't pay the dues there. Essentially, you have traded out from your home resort to stay at another so you get to use the amenities where you traded to and don't where you traded from.

Quick question...if staying at Kidani, can one access the pool at Jambo and vice versa or not?

Then it might follow to reason that you shouldn't be able to use the pool at the resort you are staying at if it is restricted as you don't pay the dues there. Essentially, you have traded out from your home resort to stay at another so you get to use the amenities where you traded to and don't where you traded from.
Some resorts allow day usage, normally on a space available basis. Given DVC's location and setup, there's no way they'd be able to support day usage.

As I recall after SAB/BCV the second restricted pools became AKV when DVC was added there. (2008ish) Then BLT when it opened. (2009) VGF still allows hopping but Poly became restricted when PVB was added. AoA was included when it opened.

I thought AKL was on the list from the beginning because there is only one pool at Jambo House. When they added KV, they extended it to both locations.

From the Member Website:
Complimentary Pool Hopping Information
Benefit Type: Recreation & Relaxation
Read More Complimentary Pool Hopping Information
Enjoy more than one pool. When staying on your Membership at any Disney Vacation Club Resort at Walt Disney World Resort, or Disney's Vero Beach Resort, you and any Guests staying with you are permitted to use most of the other Disney Vacation Club and Walt Disney World Resort hotel pools (in addition to the pool at the resort hotel at which you are staying) if they are not at capacity. If the pool you are visiting reaches capacity, you may be asked to leave in order to accommodate Guests of that Resort hotel. Please check with a host or hostess at the front desk of the resort you wish to visit before you go to find out about pool-access availability.

You must present your Magic Band or current Key to the World card with your "DVC Member" designation on it to use the other select Resort hotel pools.

Resort hotel pools may become unavailable from time to time due to capacity limitations. Due to the high occupancy that is expected, you and any Guests staying with you may not pool hop during the following dates:

• December 19, 2015 to January 3, 2016 (Saturday through Sunday)
  • February 14, 2016 to February 20, 2016 (Sunday through Saturday)
  • March 19, 2016 to April 3, 2016 (Sunday through Saturday)
  • May 27, 2016 to May 30, 2016 (Friday through Monday)
  • June 26, 2016 to July 9, 2016 (Sunday through Saturday)
  • September 2, 2016 to September 5, 2016 (Friday through Monday)
  • November 21, 2016 to November 26 (Monday through Saturday)
  • December 23, 2016 to January 2, 2017 (Friday through Monday)
As a reminder, please be mindful of the limited number of pool chairs available, and refrain from leaving towels or personal items on unoccupied pool chairs.

Important Information
  • Pool hopping is not available at Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, the leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas, the Lava Pool and leisure pool at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, the Silver Creek Springs Pool and Hidden Springs Pool at Disney's Wilderness Lodge and the pools at Disney's Art of Animation Resort. There are no exceptions to this policy.
  • Other restricted dates than those listed above may be added based on projected pool capacity.
Pool hopping was still blacked out through Monday of this week.

Disney doesn't like to just take things away, that's a negative so they slowly remove elements or increase prices until people stop using it. Then they can say that due to lack of interest or due to security access, pool hopping was discontinued.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter