Polynesian DVC adjoining studios

moreisgood

Falling in love
I'm considering a stay at the Poly, but only if we can get adjoining studios. I understand it is a request, but not guaranteed.

Has anyone requested adjoining studios, and did you get your request?

I have done that twice and received it both times. I'd refer to it being about as definite of a request possible without being guaranteed but you'd have to accept that it might not be met. However I've never read of a person not getting it when requested. Still, it could happen.

I'm considering a stay at the Poly, but only if we can get adjoining studios. I understand it is a request, but not guaranteed.

Has anyone requested adjoining studios, and did you get your request?
Given that basically all studios there are connecting rooms, we may never see anyone who requested it and didn't get it assuming they didn't make it difficult on themselves such as different dates, forget to request, etc.

All but two of the 360 studios are connecting studios. In making request ask for a "connecting" studio arrangement and not "adjoining." In hotel-speak, "connecting" means there are internal doors that can be opened to make the two rooms one; "adjoining" means the rooms are next to each other but not necessarily connecting.

Just remember that you must have an adult in each unit, you can't just pile the kids in one by themselves.

All the studios at the Polynesian are adjoining in each building on each floor. Most of them are connecting. There are no one or two bedroom villas

Do y'all think we'd have the same odds if we are staying there from a Saturday to a Saturday for two weeks - but our family wants a connecting studio with us for week number two? How and when would I request that?

Do y'all think we'd have the same odds if we are staying there from a Saturday to a Saturday for two weeks - but our family wants a connecting studio with us for week number two? How and when would I request that?
That would be more challenging, as they don't generally assign rooms that far in advance.

That would be more challenging, as they don't generally assign rooms that far in advance.

Agree with _auroraborealis_.

What are the odds that the guests in the adjoining studio will be leaving on the same day your family arrives? (They can't/won't leave the adjoining studio vacant - they are almost always booked solid and need every room).

Would you be willing to move the second week to get adjoining studios? If so, I'd talk to the front desk when you arrive and see if they will work with you. Be sure you have all the pertinent data (reservation numbers, etc.) when you do.

Good luck!

I think there is a good chance you would have to move from your original room especially if you have lake view. Standard view the assigner might be able to arrange it. The more number of days the harder it will be to match up the connecting room to the one you are in.

I would absolutely involve MS later after requesting it, by email, about a week and a half out from your arrival for your situation. And ask them if they could directly look into this for you. If there is any way that they could help.

You would receive "requests are not guaranteed" of course and maybe a decline to do so. But with this very distinct and special circumstance it couldn't hurt to have extra assistance with this matter. Or simply a second reminder of your family's request.

I am not one for bothering busy personnel, and I clearly know a request is a request, but there are situations where I think it would make sense. And yours in one of them, in my opinion.

Last edited:
We requested and got two connecting lake view studios last April. We're trying it again this year.

If your stay starts on the same day, it's really rare not to get a connecting request.

It's the connecting the one-week stay to the two-week stay that is dicier.

I think there is a good chance you would have to move from your original room especially if you have lake view. Standard view the assigner might be able to arrange it. The more number of days the harder it will be to match up the connecting room to the one you are in.

Absolutely gonna do standard view because we are going for length this time and would rather have the two extra days. Hubby doesn't want to move rooms or hotels. My kids and I do - we will see who wins.

If your stay starts on the same day, it's really rare not to get a connecting request.

It's the connecting the one-week stay to the two-week stay that is dicier.

I figured that would be the case. If it makes any difference the all points are mine and I'm still hoping there is a way to link our reservations. If they say no way then I might be ok to be homeless for the up to five hours while we check out and check into a different room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter