Poly pics thread

i-9wQsVqH-X2.jpg

i-FkZKBVk-X2.jpg

i-mzhdtzr-X2.jpg

We've looked at all of the resorts and initially crossed Poly off of the list because the rooms seemed too themed for us. We were basing this off of the pictures on the resort website look like some of the other pictures I've seen on this tread.

But when I saw this picture on the Disney parks blog today it made me want to take another look.

So I came here, to the real experts!
Can you offer any guidance on what "type" or classification of room you got/this is?
Is it the same rate as the others?
Is this part of the construction they are doing? (Updating rooms?)

Sorry for all of the questions!

Thank you in advance, and sorry if I posted this in the wrong place... I'm a newbie and still learning!

I "think" all of the rooms like that now. I went last month, and my "standard view" room looked just like the one in your picture. They are very "nice" rooms. My understanding is that they have all been recently remodelled. NOTE: We got the cheapest "standard view" rooms we could find. I guess we lucked out, because the rooms were RIGHT next to the main lobby building, the rooms were on the first floor, and the rooms had little back porches that looked out into very attractive jungley landscaping.

I LOVE this thread. :)

When leaving the Poly last month, I got really emotional. (I am 41-year-old man). Being there as an adult brought back all the memories of when my family went when I was a kid. This thread makes me feel better. :)

That's okay, cry away! We all understand! :)

I "think" all of the rooms like that now. I went last month, and my "standard view" room looked just like the one in your picture. They are very "nice" rooms. My understanding is that they have all been recently remodelled. NOTE: We got the cheapest "standard view" rooms we could find. I guess we lucked out, because the rooms were RIGHT next to the main lobby building, the rooms were on the first floor, and the rooms had little back porches that looked out into very attractive jungley landscaping.

View from my standard room:

5DQSg5i.jpg

We have a trip planned for January 2018...I know that is a long way off, but i wanted enough time to A) save money and b) plan ahead. Originally, we were going to stay at Art of Animation, but I really, really wanted to stay in a resort that was on the Monorail, so we decided to go with Polynesian. i would love to see more pictures...especially a room with a view of the Monorail going by! That is so cool and we really want a room with a view of that! We are all Monorail junkies! LOL Only 92 more weeks to go! I know, such a long time...but the wait will be worth it, right?? :-D

We have a trip planned for January 2018...I know that is a long way off, but i wanted enough time to A) save money and b) plan ahead. Originally, we were going to stay at Art of Animation, but I really, really wanted to stay in a resort that was on the Monorail, so we decided to go with Polynesian. i would love to see more pictures...especially a room with a view of the Monorail going by! That is so cool and we really want a room with a view of that! We are all Monorail junkies! LOL Only 92 more weeks to go! I know, such a long time...but the wait will be worth it, right?? :-D
Check out https://www.facebook.com/Tikimanpages/?fref=ts He posted a video of the monrail going by a room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!