Votes: 23 52.3%
  • Yacht Club

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Boardwalk Inn

Votes: 14 31.8%

• Total voters

HockeyMomR

DIS Veteran
DH and I are thinking about trying Boardwalk for F&W trip this fall. Help us decide, we are Yacht and Beach Club lovers, but should we try something new? The BWI room decor and club lounge have me intrigued. Share your opinions!

:-) oh good, I can be the first post!! I voted YC. Scary Clown at BWI! Lol. Does BWI have anyplace inside to fill mugs in the morning with coffee? I may at some point try BWI just because there's only 2 deluxe I haven't stayed at, BWI & CR.

Sue - You are the first and only so far - thank you. We do love Yacht Club. True, I don't believe there is an interior place to refill mugs for coffee at BWI if we don't stay CL. Maybe somebody else will come along and let me know options for that morning coffee at BWI!

NO SCARY CLOWN POOLS!

I actually would have voted YC for 2 adults, but I'd be Leary of construction

Sounds like a great idea for a trip!

NO SCARY CLOWN POOLS!

I actually would have voted YC for 2 adults, but I'd be Leary of construction

Sounds like a great idea for a trip!

Robyn - that Scary Clown :scared1:. Just thinking and yes the YC renovations. Trip is just in the thinking stage right now.

If you will be relaxing by the pool, then I would say BC. If not so much, the Boardwalk!

I've stayed at all three and YC is my favorite, as a matter of fact I will be there for F&W. Haven't stayed on CL at any so can't comment to that but I know you can refill your mugs at the bakery on the BW. There is a little set up in the bar at BW with muffins, cereal, oatmeal and coffee. I'm not sure if you can refill your mugs there since I don't get one and just ran in to see what they had and took myself down to the bakery for breakfast.. For some reason BW just doesn't feel as warm to me as YC does, the hallway reminded me of the Jack Nicholson movie.

We stayed at the BWI once because we couldn't get a room at either the BC or YC. We really didn't care for it at all. Unlike the BC/YC there is really only one exit door to the Boardwalk, which is in the area near the lobby. So if you are in a room that is near the ESPN Club you have to walk all the way back to the lobby to get out of the resort. That is probably the one thing I disliked the most about the BWI, the lack of exits out of the building. Now if you could get a room facing Crescent Lake then it might be worth it.

The BWI does have a place to get coffee and sweets rolls in the morning called the Bellevue Lounge. It would be equivalent to the lounge off the lobby of the YC. They would probably refill your mug for you there, just like at the YC lounge. (I'll think of the name later.) Otherwise, all food service is outside. But the walk to Epcot is fine. The view of the YC/BC from the Boardwalk is really nice. And the evening entertainment and just the atmosphere of the Boardwalk in general is really nice, too. It is fun to try new resorts and a room close to the elevators would be just fine. I'm glad we tried it.

We stayed at the BWI once because we couldn't get a room at either the BC or YC. We really didn't care for it at all. Unlike the BC/YC there is really only one exit door to the Boardwalk, which is in the area near the lobby. So if you are in a room that is near the ESPN Club you have to walk all the way back to the lobby to get out of the resort. That is probably the one thing I disliked the most about the BWI, the lack of exits out of the building. Now if you could get a room facing Crescent Lake then it might be worth it.

Wouldn't there have to be more than one exit incase of a fire? I mean aren't there exits at the end of the long hallways?

We stayed at the BWI once because we couldn't get a room at either the BC or YC. We really didn't care for it at all. Unlike the BC/YC there is really only one exit door to the Boardwalk, which is in the area near the lobby. So if you are in a room that is near the ESPN Club you have to walk all the way back to the lobby to get out of the resort. That is probably the one thing I disliked the most about the BWI, the lack of exits out of the building. Now if you could get a room facing Crescent Lake then it mi

Wouldn't there have to be more than one exit incase of a fire? I mean aren't there exits at the end of the long hallways?

I'm sure that there are fire exits to the outside throughout the resort, but none of them exits right onto the Boardwalk where the restaurants and shops are located. If your resort room is located in the section closest to Epcot you have to walk back toward the lobby to get out.

Last edited:
I don't think you can go wrong. We stayed at the Boardwalk over the weekend for F&W and it was perfect. The resort is gorgeous and has so many places to pop into in the evening. :)

There is a door at the end of every hallway. You just have to walk down the stairs. It was quick and no big deal.

Reactions: cyb
I voted for Beach Club, but in 3 short weeks (not short enough) we will be staying the Dolphin for F&W -- we got a great AAA rate and couldn't say no -- even with the resort fee it was half of the BC/YC/BWI rooms.

Tom

we will be staying the Dolphin for F&W -- we got a great AAA rate and couldn't say no -- even with the resort fee it was half of the BC/YC/BWI rooms.

Tom
Watch out for hidden fees like resort and parking fees they add up, I recently stayed at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista for$175 per night, totally not worth it but I had no choice because I had my dog with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter