POFQ Beignets - worth a special trip?

kermit116

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yeste
Are the beignets at POFQ worth a special trip over to the resort? Also, if I pick some up for my group will they still be tasty after a 10-15 car ride back to our resort, or should they be eaten right away (hot)?

Here's our situation: We'll be staying on WDW property (not POFQ), and we'll have a car. I was considering running over there one afternoon to grab some beignets as a snack and bringing them back to our hotel. I've never had beignets, but I've heard the ones at POFQ were good.

The other option would be to swing by POFQ after we have lunch at DTD one afternoon. We don't always have a car when we go to WDW so I'm thinking of foods/snacks I've always wanted to try but couldn't get to easily on Disney Transportation.

I would say it's worth it, but I really LOVE the beignets.

They are better if eaten right away and will collapse the longer they sit, but to me any beignets is a good beignet!!!

Gotta eat them fresh and hot. I love the beignets at POFQ, we always stay there and I get them 2 or 3 x per trip, but if I was staying somewhere else I doubt I'd make the trip just for beignets.

No and no. They are good but there will be a million other good things to eat in the parks and your own resort. And they really need to be hot to taste good. Have a funnel cake instead.

When I was there I looked around for them and didn't see any that were out. They cooked them up when I asked for them, so they were nice and hot and declicious. They don't get any fresher than that.

No, I would not make a special trip for them. They are good but not to die for. Fried dough with powdered sugar & probably a days worth of calories, lol. You aren't missing anything.

I wouldn't make a special trip either. I got some when I was there but it was right after I ate, so I saved them til later. They were good, but I'm sure they weren't as good as when they were fresh!

Would not make a special trip and no in my opinion they are not good unless fresh and hot.

They were the worst beignets that I have ever eaten. I'd never waste my time and money getting them again. I'll drive to New Orleans first to get some if I really want some that badly.

We actually took a bus from one of the parks to POFQ in our 2009 trip to see the resort, grab lunch for my son, and yes, try the famous beignets. I was not that impressed to be honest. They are talked up so much in these forums that maybe my expectations were too high. I wouldn't buy them again. I guess I expected them to have a different consistency on the inside but it was basically a crispy shell covered in powdered sugar.

Though I must say that the boat ride from the resort to DTD was delightful. They even let my husband his cup of beer aboard.

They were the worst beignets that I have ever eaten. I'd never waste my time and money getting them again. I'll drive to New Orleans first to get some if I really want some that badly.

That's how I feel about school bread, I'll fly to Norway instead of Epcot to get some! ;)

No, I would not make a special trip for them. They are good but not to die for. Fried dough with powdered sugar & probably a days worth of calories, lol. You aren't missing anything.

Agreed - We had them once - good, messy - but not great - to me if you have had fried dough with TONS of powdered sugar on them - you've had the *experience* - We stayed at POFQ for 3 days and after the one try I didn't bother walking to the food court from my room for them again. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter