Podcast Cruise 5.0 - Official Thread

Talk about small world .. apparently our cabin is 7538:banana: - I hope Dino is bringing the wine and I'll bring the beer. That is if they let us on board with it !! Jaci is in 7539 across the hall.

We'll just remember not to put it in a rolling cooler this time. I swear DCL changes their "rules" just to drive us crazy :confused3

I am wondering how it works if someone is interested in sharing a cabin with someone else that is going single. Does the price of the cruise decrease or is it the same regardless of number of people in the room?

I am wondering how it works if someone is interested in sharing a cabin with someone else that is going single. Does the price of the cruise decrease or is it the same regardless of number of people in the room?

The price for a stateroom in traditionally quoted as double occupancy. If there is one person then the price will be (significantly) higher. Also, if there are additional people in the room, they are in addition to the double occupancy price.

However, the easy way is to just look at this link which shows the price for various combinations.

Please put us down for Stateroom #8538: Donna (Julylady) and her mom, Barbara (Bjkjoy).

Do we post on this board if we are looking for anyone interested in sharing a stateroom? I am interested in the inside stateroom. I am a single female and 52 years old.

Finally there is a Podcast Cruise we can make. We made our deposit on a 5B within a couple days of the announcement. This will be our seventh cruise and our second time on the Magic.

We're on board, Stateroom 6634!

MrBean and Jiminy_78 (DH Curtis, DW Jaclyn, DS4 Nicholas)

This will be our first Western Caribbean cruise and Podcast cruise, so we can't wait! :thumbsup2

I'm on deck 6 too somewhere inside I think. Palo dining here I come although I will miss Remy. I could do without a few of the ports though.:beach:

Forget the ports. We are going to treat them all as "Sea Days."

So true. If I can keep Val out of the mexican ports it will be a much cheaper cruise than PCC 4.0 was. ;)

Jamaica will be a new port for me, and I would like to go to Tulum if it's offered out of Cozumel (the only Mexican port). I learned to like DCL's sea days on the May Transatlantic, but I won't make "sea days" out of port days. There isn't much scheduled onboard for adults while the ship is in port.

Tulum was offered by DCL on the last Podcast Cruise. We had an excellent tour guide. Based on my experience, I highly recommend it.

Tulum was offered by DCL on the last Podcast Cruise. We had an excellent tour guide. Based on my experience, I highly recommend it.

Thanks! I almost booked it on that cruise, then decided to visit the San Gervasio Ruins closer to Cozumel. I think our port time in Cozumel is shorter on the Magic than it was on the Fantasy, but it should still be long enough to do the ship's tour.

Usually the ship is not nearly as busy on port days but I'm afraid this cruise may be different. More will stay on ship and it won't make much difference. We just can't spend our money on board either. Come to think of it...that's ok too.

From what some people are posting, it sounds like we should stay on the ship during the port days. Is it not worth it to do any of the excursions, or not safe to walk around? For us who've never been on the Western Caribbean cruise before, or any cruise for that matter, I'm getting the feeling that no one is too excited to visit these ports. As first timers, we're pretty darn excited to be going! Has anyone done any excursions that they enjoyed, or can recommend? (Or definitely not do?!) There are just so many of them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter