Podcast Cruise 5.0 - Official Thread

I have a dummy date too, but I have to discuss this with my group to see if the dates are good. The itinerary - meh. The important thing is being with other DISers. :goodvibes

My thoughts exactly re the itinerary.

Just a note, I am working on all of the transfers that have been emailed to me since yesterday. It may be tomorrow morning before I get back to everyone!

Tracey - I will be e-mailing :) I think you have my dummy ressie already.

Will the ship be decorated for the holiday in Nov

I sure hope so.

Yes - they decorate around Nov. 10.

We're in!! Deck 6. :cool1:

This will complete our rounds of the DCL Fleet. The Magic was the only ship we had not sailed before. I was THRILLED to hear 5.0 would be on the Magic. :lovestruc

Itinerary- eh. I would have liked the Eastern as well (haven't done that one before). But, as Mike said- the most important thing is cruising with DIS friends! And... celebrating Pete's 50th! :woohoo:

My jewelry stop was Costa Maya on 4.0 - and I see we are missing that one and going to Jamaica instead. Oh well. May have to shop somewhere else this time! :banana:

I can help you find jewelry in Cozeumel and Grand Cayman :) and other things. Although we had fun in Costa Maya.

My boss told me no more December vacations, but I just emailed and asked that my dummy cruise be moved to this one. Here's hopin'!!!

:cheer2:

Tracy

we are trying to see if we can do this how much is the deposit per adult also per kid

thanks so much

I am sorry I can't answer this question, deposits are a percentage of the total cruise fare. 20% of the base cruise fare prior to taxes, transfers or insurance.

sent in my booking request, me + 3! Hubby and friends William and Pam. SO excited for you all to meet Marco! He has never experienced a DIS event!

Suffice to say I have one more "why" on my dream board now.

Shameless plug - if anyone out in DIS land is an HR professional or can get me in with the person in charge of benefits at your company(nationwide, doesn't matter which state), please PM! Gotta make that dollar so I can make the cruise!

:cool1: Just had my dummy date moved to this cruise. I so cant wait plus im bringing my two nephews with me this time :woohoo:Can't wait to see their faces when I tell them they are coming with me :banana:

Request submitted for Tazicket, myself, and our little guy who will be 3 1/2 by then. First cruise, first Disney cruise, first podcast cruise for all of us. :cool1:

So excited,:cool1:

We put in a quote, not sure why kinda of cabin i really want to be in but I think i will be happy with whatever i get!!

My first Disney Cruise!! This is also the perfect excuse to spend Thanksgiving in Disney World before getting on the cruise!!:cool1:

Cant' wait to see what my quote will bepixiedust:

I cant swing the deposit until later (responsibility sucks sometimes! lol) so I hope the price wont increase too much!! I am soooooo excited, this will be my first cruise ever!!! :cool1:

Am I missing something? At the top of today's live show, Pete was talking up the podcast cruise and the incredible pricing available for it. Looking at the pricing chart for the Podcast Cruise, I'm seeing the exact same prices as Disney has posted for the cruise. Is the great pricing he's talking about simply THE pricing because it's being booked so far in advance, or is there some price benefit for booking via Dreams Unlimited that I'm not seeing/not aware of?

Please excuse my ignorance on this, but I've only been on one prior cruise, so maybe I'm not fully understanding how it all works. As far as I can tell, though, anyone can book this cruise for this price at this time and it sounded like Pete was saying there was special pricing available to this group for the next week or so.

Thanks for any clarification anyone can offer! :)

I'm booked! On deck 6. Been on the Magic a few times and prefer Eastern over Western itinerary. BUT.......I could not pass up the opportunity to sail with the podcast team. And to help Pete celebrate his 50th....I can't imagine the party there will be! Woooohooo!!!!

Am I missing something? At the top of today's live show, Pete was talking up the podcast cruise and the incredible pricing available for it. Looking at the pricing chart for the Podcast Cruise, I'm seeing the exact same prices as Disney has posted for the cruise. Is the great pricing he's talking about simply THE pricing because it's being booked so far in advance, or is there some price benefit for booking via Dreams Unlimited that I'm not seeing/not aware of?

Please excuse my ignorance on this, but I've only been on one prior cruise, so maybe I'm not fully understanding how it all works. As far as I can tell, though, anyone can book this cruise for this price at this time and it sounded like Pete was saying there was special pricing available to this group for the next week or so.

DCL has given us a price freeze for 2 weeks. Without it, as soon as I started to book so many people on one sailing, pricing would increase to the next teir. And the next...and so on. DCL doesn't offer group discounts, nor do they allow us to discount their product. The reason Pete sounded so excited is due to the fact John got DCL to give us this price freeze.

In addition to the onboard special events, Dreams clients get an onboard credit based on their cruise total.

Just an FYI - you can only attend the DIS/Podcast events if you book through Dreams Unlimited Travel.

You can certainly book this on your own and be on the ship with us but only people who book through Dreams Unlimited Travel will receive credentials and an invitation to all the events on the ship.

If you're wondering what kind of events might happen on this cruise I suggest going back and looking at past Podcast cruises. In the first post for each cruise you will see our previous schedule of events. I can't promise this upcoming cruise will be the same as we always try to do something different, but you can count on 'similar' events being held.

Carol (Disney Enabler) and I are signed up! The Disney Magic was our first Disney ship, so we are looking forward to sailing on her again with our DIS friends!

We're signed up for our first trip on the Magic! (Hopefully I will be over the DISCruise 1.0 Plague by then! :rotfl2: )

I'm going to be bringing my best friend--she's been on cruises but never a Disney one. This will be her first time experiencing my Disney obsession up close and personal! :rotfl:

I've never been on a Podcast cruise or any cruise for that matter. I would love to meet other Disney fans and the Disunplugged crew. I would be traveling solo so that makes me reluctant even though I know people are helpful. Anyone that can give me words of encouragement to do this is appreciated. I guess I'm curious about whether the Podcasters generally hang out together or what events they've had in the past that you all have enjoyed.

Just booked Podcast Cruise 5.0, which happens to be our very first cruise! I see a few people from the 2012 DIS Exclusive Backstage Magic ABD trip are also on this cruise, so it'll be great to reunite!!

- Kevin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter