Podcast Cruise 4.0 - 12/08/2012

For those that are curious about weather (temperatures) during our cruise The Weather Channel shows the average highs/lows. As we get even closer you'll be able to see the "real" forecast.

Historical Average Highs/Lows:
Grand Cayman 83/75
Costa Maya 85/72
Cozumel 82/68
Bahamas (Castaway Cay) 79/64
Walt Disney World 74/53 (pre cruise) 72/50 (post cruise)

There is a change in the scheduled ABD meet time on Cozumel day.

I realize this conflicts with the flattie meet that day - sorry.

John,

Looking at the schedule for the Podcast recording, I was wondering about any arrangements for those folks who are dropping off young children (at Scuttle's Cove on Castaway Cay, which opens at 9am). Are the doors to the room in which the Podcast is being recorded shut for good at 9am? Will the parent(s) who is/are dropping off kids be able to get in at any point after 9am, or are they out of luck completely? As much as I'd hate to miss any of the Podcast recording, an early break at 9:30am or so might at least allow the dropper-offers to come in and get seated without missing too much of the recording, although I understand that this might be too soon to take a break in the recording. No offense to you guys, but I think having the kids in the Podcast recording with us might not be their idea of the best time.

I didn't see anyone else voicing concerns about this, but maybe they have a solution figured out already.

Thanks.

For those that are curious about weather (temperatures) during our cruise The Weather Channel shows the average highs/lows. As we get even closer you'll be able to see the "real" forecast.

Historical Average Highs/Lows:
Grand Cayman 83/75
Costa Maya 85/72
Cozumel 82/68
Bahamas (Castaway Cay) 79/64
Walt Disney World 74/53 (pre cruise) 72/50 (post cruise)

Nice to hear. Dis 2.0 was very cold and wave were very high. :thumbsup2

John,

Looking at the schedule for the Podcast recording, I was wondering about any arrangements for those folks who are dropping off young children (at Scuttle's Cove on Castaway Cay, which opens at 9am). Are the doors to the room in which the Podcast is being recorded shut for good at 9am? Will the parent(s) who is/are dropping off kids be able to get in at any point after 9am, or are they out of luck completely? As much as I'd hate to miss any of the Podcast recording, an early break at 9:30am or so might at least allow the dropper-offers to come in and get seated without missing too much of the recording, although I understand that this might be too soon to take a break in the recording. No offense to you guys, but I think having the kids in the Podcast recording with us might not be their idea of the best time.

I didn't see anyone else voicing concerns about this, but maybe they have a solution figured out already.

Thanks.

For these live podcasts while the doors may be 'shut' people are welcome to come and go as they please during the entire time we are recording. Obviously we ask they people do so in as quiet a manner as not to affect the recording.

For these live podcasts while the doors may be 'shut' people are welcome to come and go as they please during the entire time we are recording. Obviously we ask they people do so in as quiet a manner as not to affect the recording.

Thanks for clarifying. We will be much like ninjas.

I know I have told some of you this but thought I would post it here as well. Disney puts our group on the same rotation for dining, from the information we have, our rotation is
E - R - A (Crush) - E - R - R - A (Magic)

Formal is night 2, semi is night 5 and pirates is night 4. These are subject to change and should be used as a guideline only.

Hey Tracey, is this still the same info you have on our rotation? Just wondering if the guidelines have changed.

Thanks,
Kim

Does anyone know if the schedule of transfers pickup has been posted anywhere?

SOOOO excited, can't wait, 11 more days!

:beach:

Just heard from a friend who is a crew member for DCL. They said that the crew members like receiving candy when you drop off items for signing and the kids clubs. It seems lately that people have been leaving other items for the crew members. So pack some candy the next time you cruise on DCL. They really do appreciate it. Thanks. :)

Just heard from a friend who is a crew member for DCL. They said that the crew members like receiving candy when you drop off items for signing and the kids clubs. It seems lately that people have been leaving other items for the crew members. So pack some candy the next time you cruise on DCL. They really do appreciate it. Thanks. :)

Do you think they probably want individually wrapped items or could it be like a big bag of M&M's?

Individual packages would probably be easier but I am sure they would be happy with a bag of m&m's.

We plan on visiting the DIS Welcome Center before boarding. What hours will it be open?
I want to pick up a couple DIS hydroflasks, at least :goodvibes.

Jennifer, I'm not sure they will be open. The team may be pretty busy getting ready for all of us to descend on them.

chirurgeon said:
Jennifer, I'm not sure they will be open. The team may be pretty busy getting ready for all of us to descend on them.

I thought it was mentioned somewhere that they would be closed that day.
Unfortunately, for the life of me, I can't remember where or when

Hey everyone, the welcome center will be open the morning of the podcast cruise. We will be open from 9:00am to 12:00pm. Looking forward to everyone stopping by.

I believe what was posted before was that the DU transfers from WDW would not be stopping at the Welcome Center on the way to the port.

Sayhello

Hey Tracey, is this still the same info you have on our rotation? Just wondering if the guidelines have changed.

Thanks,
Kim

Hi Kim,

The dining rotation is the same, I believe the pirate night is showing different than listed here.

Thought you might like to know....

Chimpanzee
Avengers
Frankenweenie
Wreck It Ralph
Lincoln
The Odd Life Of Timothy Green
Finding Nemo 3D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter