Podcast 4.0 Main Dining - Any Dissers looking to share a table?

I'm also a single traveler I'm dinning at the 2nd Dinning if someone has space for me. :wave2:

Bigbearsg,

Welcome to the thread. I look forward to meeting you on the cruise.

You might want to start a new thread about table mates for second seating/late dining. It would probably attract more attention, and hopefully some dinner partners for you.

Kathy

I just wanted to clarify- just in case there are new cruisers worried about their dining arrangements.
EVERY DISer on PCC4.0 does NOT have Main Dining- quite a number of us are on late dining. :wave2:

I think just the people in that group who wanted to sit together all arranged to be on Main.
There are lots of us on Late Dining making similar arrangements to sit together as well.

But rest assured- Tracey H will do everything in her power to keep all PCC4.0 cruisers (Main or Late) on the same rotation- so there will be lots of fellow cruisers to see and chat with no matter what time you are dining. :thumbsup2

Very good points! ;) It just turned out that most of the people who were looking for dining partners on this thread already had main dining, and the three who didn't preferred to eat earlier anyway.

My guess is that most (if not all) of the Podcast team has late dining, so that's where the DIS "Royalty" will be found at dinner time. ;) Late dining also means you can sleep in a little longer on debarkation day, instead of being at breakfast at the crack of dawn. We've done both - and enjoyed each for different reasons.

Whichever seating you end up on, you'll have a wonderful time! You'll be on the Disney Fantasy. You'll meet fellow DISers everywhere (you can tell by the lanyard and na!e tag,) I lost track of the number of DISsers I met on the elevator on Podcast Cruise 2.0. :goodvibes

Kathy

Scott (41) and Sara (33) here - we are married with one daughter (not sailing with us!) and 4 animals (not sailing either).

We are from TX (Dallas area) - Scott is a Business Analyst for a Real Estate Information Company and Sara is a reformed elementary school teacher. After 12 years of putting up with bad parents, worse administrators, and approaching insanity, she took a leap of faith and is now an electrologist (permanent hair removal).

We are DCL vets but not podcast vets. We are also WDW vets, but seeing new things for us 3 days prior to the cruise. We are both brass musicians (Trombone and French Horn respectively) in our spare time and are looking forward to meeting all of you and our adventures...

Nice to meet you all! We are Keith (rkdahl) and Cathy. Thanks again to DVC Kathy for setting this up! We met her and Dave on a previous DIS cruise and had a real fun time. We thought we would broaden our horizons and join even more folks on this trip and since we have been traveling a lot recently, Kathy was kind enough to arrange all this. Sounds fun already!

We are from Minnesota most recently but have relocated near Orlando. We live about 7 miles from WDW now. This will be our 6th Disney cruise and 4th DIS event. We have always been on either the Magic or Wonder so we are really looking forward to checking out the new Fantasy. We are recently retired and travel quite a but. We have no kids but 11 nieces and nephews that visit regularly. We plan on doing a Cocoa Beach hotel cruise parking deal and just drive over to the coast the day before we sail. If anyone needs any help down here with logistics prior or post cruise just let us know and we will see if we can help.

Looking forward to seeing you all real soon! Oh and one more thing. I almost forget, Cathy does not yet know we are going on a cruise at all. I always like surprising her with things so I haven't said a word yet. She doesn't get on the DIS boards so she won't see this and I don't think any of you will be calling her. So my secret is safe with you all. I haven't decided yet when to tell her but I'll lay it out in pieces.

Hey guess what! We are going on a cruise in Dec? Oh yeah and it's a Disney cruise. And one more thing,it's on the new Disney Fantasy! Did I forget to mention its a DIS Unplugged Cruise too? And don't worry about all our dining plans, Kathy and Dave got everything arranged and we will be dining with 12 other DIS people!

Haha! She'll faint!!

I only have to give her time to pack the right clothes. Maybe 2 days before we leave.....

Looking forward to seeing you all real soon! Oh and one more thing. I almost forget, Cathy does not yet know we are going on a cruise at all. I always like surprising her with things so I haven't said a word yet. She doesn't get on the DIS boards so she won't see this and I don't think any of you will be calling her. So my secret is safe with you all. I haven't decided yet when to tell her but I'll lay it out in pieces.

Hey guess what! We are going on a cruise in Dec? Oh yeah and it's a Disney cruise. And one more thing,it's on the new Disney Fantasy! Did I forget to mention its a DIS Unplugged Cruise too? And don't worry about all our dining plans, Kathy and Dave got everything arranged and we will be dining with 12 other DIS people!

Haha! She'll faint!!

I only have to give her time to pack the right clothes. Maybe 2 days before we leave.....

:stir: :bitelip: :rolleyes1

:thumbsup2

Just remember, life is supposed to be an adventure with new twists and turns every year. Savor those surprise moments for they are a key part of every exciting adventure!

If we all knew what we were doing every moment of every day ahead, how dull a life could that be?

Just remember, life is supposed to be an adventure with new twists and turns every year. Savor those surprise moments for they are a key part of every exciting adventure!

If we all knew what we were doing every moment of every day ahead, how dull a life could that be?

Totally agree, Keith! But don't make me pull out a two year old thread!! :rotfl2:

Dave

Tracey has all the information to link the fourteen of us together for dinner! :cheer2:

None of that will actually happen until the last month or so leading up to the cruise. I have asked that we be at tables close to one another, preferably with the same serving team, if they don't have a ridiculously large table for fourteen people they can assign to us.

Now we can take the time to get to know one another a little more - as comfort levels permit.

If Tracey needs anything else from us, I will let you know.

Kathy

Tracey has all the information to link the fourteen of us together for dinner! :cheer2:

None of that will actually happen until the last month or so leading up to the cruise. I have asked that we be at tables close to one another, preferably with the same serving team, if they don't have a ridiculously large table for fourteen people they can assign to us.

Now we can take the time to get to know one another a little more - as comfort levels permit.

If Tracey needs anything else from us, I will let you know.

Kathy
Thanks so much for setting this up, Kathy! I really appreciate all the legwork you did on this. :thumbsup2

I wonder if anyone is interested in a private Facebook group? I'd be happy to look into setting that up. I'd need folks' RL names on Facebook (via PM!) but it would be a nice way to get to know each other beforehand.

Or if people prefer, we can just leave it here...

Sayhello

Dave and I have staff positions at different universities in Philadelphia. Karen, we feel your pain with two boys in college at the same time. My best friend is in the same situation.

We have been on 7 Disney cruises, six on the Magic and Podcast 2.0 on the Wonder. Our first RCL cruise was in June. It was nice driving to to and from port, and we had a good time, but it's not the same. I'm really looking forward to exploring (aka getting lost on) the Fantasy. I think Dave is particularly looking forward to the martini passport at Skyline.

We're DVC members at Boardwalk.

I dragged Dave to the first Podcast meet at the Dolphin, where we had the pleasure of meeting Bob and seeing his kaht. After that we started listening to the Podcasts together during our commutes to and from work.

We're signed up for the Explore Native Cayman and the Saltwater Forest excursion, but outside of that we're keeping things unstructured (except for Podcast events, our nightly dinner gatherings, and Palo brunch and dinner.)

Kathy

Tracey emailed me. The 14 of us are officially linked for dining. :cool1:

Will everybody be in the main dining room for the first night?

Kathy

Great news! Thanks so much Kathy!

We will be there the first night for sure. See you all then!

Keith

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I'll be there the first night.

For now, I'm off to Southern Calf to see my sister tomorrow. And I'm squeezing in a day at Disneyland on Monday. Can't wait to see he Halloween decorations.

See you all real soon.

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter