Podcast 4.0 Main Dining - Any Dissers looking to share a table?

Kathy, I'm really hoping to get Main dining; second seating is really too late for me to be eating (or too close to bedtime to be exact. My stomach is not as young as it used to be... :( ) So I'm planning to run to wherever you can change dining when you first board if I don't get main dining before then. I'm hoping if you have a table with one or two people missing, and we're linked, they'll take pity on me... :confused3

Sayhello

I think this is a great idea. I will also check when I first get on board to see if I can change to main dining. If there is still room at the table, can I join your group Kathy? Maybe they will take pity on me to being a solo traveler..:scratchin

I think this is a great idea. I will also check when I first get on board to see if I can change to main dining. If there is still room at the table, can I join your group Kathy? Maybe they will take pity on me to being a solo traveler..:scratchin

Hey, as far as I'm concerned you are already part of our group! :) Of course, we're all at DCL's mercy.

Our dining group is up to 14 people. Ann and Albert (Bilbo UK and Frodo UK) have joined us. I refuse to believe that our two waitlisted members won't get switched to main dining. Positive thinking and all that.

I don't know that DCL has a table large enough for all of us, so we may be split up. It should be a lot of fun no matter what.

I think we should cap our group at 14. I would hope we could be handled at no more than two tables that way.

If any of you haven't completed your online registration yet, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll send the list to Tracey at Dreams by the end of this coming week.

Do we want a brief meet on the first day before dinner?

Kathy

Our dining group is up to 14 people. Ann and Albert (Bilbo UK and Frodo UK) have joined us. I refuse to believe that our two waitlisted members won't get switched to main dining. Positive thinking and all that.

I don't know that DCL has a table large enough for all of us, so we may be split up. It should be a lot of fun no matter what.

I think we should cap our group at 14. I would hope we could be handled at no more than two tables that way.

If any of you haven't completed your online registration yet, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll send the list to Tracey at Dreams by the end of this coming week.

Kathy
Well, the fun thing is, since we'll all be linked, we could shuffle around from night to night and get a chance to eat with everyone! I'm sure they wouldn't care who sits at which table.

Sayhello

I thought of that as well. We'd have to have the same serving team, I think. Also, I think the team would have to be experienced, or they couldn't handle it.

On our last cruise we sat next to different people every night, and couples didn't sit together. That was fun too.

Can't wait to meet all of you! For the two of you waiting to move to main dining, keep checking the DCL website. I was originally waitlisted for main dining and got it! I didn't get notified, it just changed on the website.

Can't wait to meet all of you! For the two of you waiting to move to main dining, keep checking the DCL website. I was originally waitlisted for main dining and got it! I didn't get notified, it just changed on the website.
THANK YOU!!! :jumping1: I just checked my reservation, and I *HAVE* been moved to Main Dining!!! Oh, yay! :banana: :banana: :banana:

So glad that's all settled! I'm officially "in"! Can't wait to meet you (and everyone!) too!

Sayhello

Kathy
I think 14 is a good number for the reasons you list. And I think a meet before dinner would be lovely. We could meet up somewhere, maybe get a drink, then head over to wherever we're dining together.

YAY! Your positive thinking worked! :goodvibes

Sayhello

THANK YOU!!! :jumping1: I just checked my reservation, and I *HAVE* been moved to Main Dining!!! Oh, yay! :banana: :banana: :banana:

So glad that's all settled! I'm officially "in"! Can't wait to meet you (and everyone!) too!

Sayhello

Yeah! I'm so glad you were able to switch. Now we just need nmoore14 to get switched to main dining and our group is set.

We won't have a lot of time to meet before dinner with the muster drill and sail away party, but i think we should have time for a quick get together.

Karen

I found out tonight that I have been moved to main dining! :cool1::thumbsup2 I am so happy I will be able to join other Disers for dinner. For PCC 3.0, I sat with a family who had no idea what the DIS was! :faint: I look forward to meeting everyone on the cruise and sharing dinner with I know will be wonderful company!

I found out tonight that I have been moved to main dining! :cool1::thumbsup2 I am so happy I will be able to join other Disers for dinner. For PCC 3.0, I sat with a family who had no idea what the DIS was! :faint: I look forward to meeting everyone on the cruise and sharing dinner with I know will be wonderful company!
Congrats! :thumbsup2 :yay:

Sayhello

Great! Everyone has main dining. :cool1:

With apologies to the Beatles, I'm calling our group the Fab 14.

We can continue this thread as a way to get to know one another better before we actually meet, if anyone wants to do so.

Dave and I are from Southern New Jersey (think Philadelphia, not New York). We have three cats, no children.

Kathy

I'm from Central Ohio, single, traveling solo. :) This is only my second DCL cruise, and my first out of Port Canaveral (first cruise was 2010 Med). I'm looking forward to the whole Disney-fied terminal experience. We didn't really get that in Barcelona.

Sayhello

I am from Greensboro, NC, single, and a solo traveler. This is my second Disney Cruise, I was on PCC 3.0. I have a dog and no children.

Nichole

Nichole, I'm so glad you were able to change to main dining!!

I like the Fab 14!

My name is Karen and I'm from Colorado. I'm traveling solo. I have two sons that are in college (18 & 21). We took our first Disney cruise when they were 7 & 10 years old and I've been on six Disney cruises, but none of them podcast cruises.

My kids have outgrown DCL (for now), but I sure haven't.

I'm Paula and I'm 38, travelling with my partner Robert and my Mum - she might skip the dining as she finds it tedious and long winded.

We are from the city formerly known as Christchurch, Zealand (prior to 10,000+ earthquakes).

Leaving behind our fur-kids with a sitter.

So excited!

I'm Paula Sillars on Facebook if you want to friend me :)

We are Ann & Albert and proud Old Geezers. This is our 10th DCL cruise, but first podcast cruise and first cruise on Fantasy. Over from UK, looking forward to meeting everyone!

Great! Everyone has main dining. :cool1:

I just wanted to clarify- just in case there are new cruisers worried about their dining arrangements.
EVERY DISer on PCC4.0 does NOT have Main Dining- quite a number of us are on late dining. :wave2:

I think just the people in that group who wanted to sit together all arranged to be on Main.
There are lots of us on Late Dining making similar arrangements to sit together as well.

But rest assured- Tracey H will do everything in her power to keep all PCC4.0 cruisers (Main or Late) on the same rotation- so there will be lots of fellow cruisers to see and chat with no matter what time you are dining. :thumbsup2

We are Ann & Albert and proud Old Geezers. This is our 10th DCL cruise, but first podcast cruise and first cruise on Fantasy. Over from UK, looking forward to meeting everyone!

Welcome Ann & Albert- I look forward to meeting you in December! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!