PO French Quarter Rooms

JConklin

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!
My fiance' and I are having a disneymoon in just 1 short week (yay!!!), and I have been on that touring plans website getting ideas and preparing. On the website they have a room reservation fax that you can draw together to request a specific room.

Has anyone done this before? Do they generally give you the room you request or is it one of those hard to get...first come first serve, kind of deals?

Any other tips or suggestions for staying at POFQ would be greatly appreciated as well!

Thanks so much!

Ohhhh lucky you.
And CONGRATS TO YOU both!!!
My sister was able to stay there for Her honeymoon and loved it. ( I booked her there)
And We stay there quite often.
I have honestly never faxed a request and have gotten UPgraded to a corner river view room more than once.. Likely just lucky but I Always include our special occasions while staying on site.
( and be sure ALL ur reservations say ur ON ur disneymoon... Pixie dust you ll get lots of surprises!!)

Any room is great.
The resort is Beautiful, romantic and I just really love it!!
Be sure to take a boat ride to Disney springs, a horse carriage ride, sip a cocktail at the outside bar... Take a walk (10 minutes on a lighted marked path along river) to visit POR the sister resort and catch yeehaw bob ( geeky fun) and a nice snack/cocktail at the indoor bar area Or take a peek around POR.
Wishing you Many Magical Moments and congratulations again!!

Ohhhh lucky you.
And CONGRATS TO YOU both!!!
My sister was able to stay there for Her honeymoon and loved it. ( I booked her there)
And We stay there quite often.
I have honestly never faxed a request and have gotten UPgraded to a corner river view room more than once.. Likely just lucky but I Always include our special occasions while staying on site.
( and be sure ALL ur reservations say ur ON ur disneymoon... Pixie dust you ll get lots of surprises!!)

Any room is great.
The resort is Beautiful, romantic and I just really love it!!
Be sure to take a boat ride to Disney springs, a horse carriage ride, sip a cocktail at the outside bar... Take a walk (10 minutes on a lighted marked path along river) to visit POR the sister resort and catch yeehaw bob ( geeky fun) and a nice snack/cocktail at the indoor bar area Or take a peek around POR.
Wishing you Many Magical Moments and congratulations again!!

Thank you so much!! We are beyond excited. Those are all wonderful tips, I cannot wait. And was there somewhere on the reservations to list you are on your disneymoon, or do you just mention it when you book things?

we stayed here for our honeymoon and it was amazing, i really wish we were going back, but with so much choice it seems silly to go back. but all the rooms are fairly near the lobby and we were the furthest away, and it wasn't a issue at all...you will be fine with any room. its a stunning resort

Hi everyone!
My fiance' and I are having a disneymoon in just 1 short week (yay!!!), and I have been on that touring plans website getting ideas and preparing. On the website they have a room reservation fax that you can draw together to request a specific room.

Has anyone done this before? Do they generally give you the room you request or is it one of those hard to get...first come first serve, kind of deals?

Any other tips or suggestions for staying at POFQ would be greatly appreciated as well!

Thanks so much!

Congrats! Always mention your special occasions t o your CSR. If you would like a special room, just ask. You may get it. We stayed at there on my son's graduation trip. I asked if there were any special activities I could surprise my son with and she set us up with parasailing! He had a nice congratulations bag in the room with a card from Mickey. Disney Customer Service will always try to make your dreams come true. Have a wonderful time.

I know the OP posted this thread months ago, but for anyone who happens to be reading and wondering the same thing, I wanted to share our experience with room requests at POFQ. We stayed back in April 2015 and paid for a river view room. I followed the instructions given by Andre on the POFQ thread...it's out there, lots of great info to read...on how to make and send a fax with a room request. Sent out several days in advance. When we arrived, I found we were assigned a completely different building than anything I had requested. A quick trip to the front desk to inquire (couldn't hurt right?) and they switched our rooms to EXACTLY what I requested and had dreamed about. I will say that the Disney resorts want to do everything they can to meet your requests. In the past, at other resorts, we had both experiences...our requests not met (but at the time I didn't inquire from the front desk to see if they could be changed) and our requests met exactly upon arrival. So, from experience, I think it pays to inquire and speak up. Politely though, because any room at Disney is magic pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter