Please Review Dining Plan ADR for July with "Emerging Adults" UPDATE

4DisneyWVUfans

Mouseketeer
Taking a stop on the way to the beach with our two emerging adults, 17 and 19, in July! We took them twice when the were little. Hoping someone can give me advice. Using the Deluxe Dining Plan:tigger::tinker::goofy:

July 25- Late arrival
*Dinner-California Grill (2)
July 26- MK (Late Hours)
*Breakfast- Grand Floridian Cafe (1)
*Lunch- Jungle Navigation (1)
*Dinner- Kona Cafe (1)
July 27- Epcot (Early AM)
*Breakfast- Snacks
*Lunch-Chefs De France (1)
*Dinner- Artist Point (2)
July 28- Hollywood Studios
*Breakfast- Snacks
*Lunch- Fantasmic Package-Mama Melrose (1)
*Dinner- Flying Fish ( Back in enough time for Fantasmic ? (2)
July 29- Leaving
* Breakfast- The Wave (1)

Open to any advice! Thank you!!!! Go Mickey!

Taking a stop on the way to the beach with our two emerging adults, 17 and 19, in July! We took them twice when the were little. Hoping someone can give me advice. Using the Deluxe Dining Plan:tigger::tinker::goofy:

July 25- Late arrival
*Dinner-California Grill (2)
July 26- MK (Late Hours)
*Breakfast- Grand Floridian Cafe (1)
*Lunch- Jungle Navigation (1)
*Dinner- Kona Cafe (1)
July 27- Epcot (Early AM)
*Breakfast- Snacks
*Lunch-Chefs De France (1)
*Dinner- Artist Point (2)
July 28- Hollywood Studios
*Breakfast- Snacks
*Lunch- Fantasmic Package-Mama Melrose (1)
*Dinner- Flying Fish ( Back in enough time for Fantasmic ? (2)
July 29- Leaving
* Breakfast- The Wave (1)

Open to any advice! Thank you!!!! Go Mickey!
Sounds like a great trip! I think 7/26 lunch and dinner are a bit similar. I am not a huge fan of Kona for dinner. How about something at Wilderness Lodge for dinner? They may be emerging adults, but they must still have a bit of kid in them. Something rowdy and fun in the mix might be nice. Or swap out Kona for breakfast, Grand Floridian for lunch, and go to the Wave for dinner. (Totally changing your list, sorry, but I love those three restaurants for those three meals.) I like your first and last dinner, both very memorable.

I think you are doing more traveling for meals then I would want to do.

I think CG is a great way to start the trip.

July 26: I would eat dinner in the park. You already have a TS meal scheduled at a resort, lunch in the park, and then are leaving to eat in a resort. There is a lot of time just on eating and traveling to eat IMO.

July 27: are you going back to Epcot for Illumination? If so, I woudl not leave. If you are okay missing the closing fireworks, AP is a nice restaurant and I love checking out Wilderness Lodge.

On DHS day, I like FF, but again, I don't like going in and out of the parks to eat. I woudl be sure to schedule the earliest lunch at MM because teh meal is substancial and in order to be back for Fantasmic you will need to have your FF meals early as well.

Have a 17 year old of my own! I would recommend maybe Ohana dinner instead of Kona? It's a lot of food, and those emerging adults can eat a lot! I agree with the PP about traveling a lot, but it seems as if you may be staying at one of the MK area hotels. In that case, it is not awful. There are boats that go back and forth between MK and the resorts frequently, as well as the monorail. Not as bad as staying at, say, Boardwalk and trying to do all that. From your list, my DS17 has enjoyed both Flying Fish and Artist Point (as have DH and I).

The only other one on your list we have been to and not liked was Chefs de France. We went a few years ago and had very bad service and mediocre food. That was our experience, though, and I'm sure there are others who have had a wonderful experience of their own that would recommend you go and try it. Just letting you know we did not care for it much. We prefer Rose and Crown (they have outdoor seating, or if you are inside they allow you to stand on their patio to watch Illuminations if your reservation starts around 7:30 or so...) or Hacienda de San Angel.

One other thing I would consider (and it is not on the calendar yet for July) is the Star Wars a Galactic Spectacular show instead of Fantasmic. Not sure if you have Star Wars fans or not, but it is something I think worth seeing. The experts on the Star Wars thread have said it is virtually impossible to get out of Fantasmic in time for any sort of viewing spot for the SWaGS show without getting trampled. It has some fireworks, but a lot of it is projected on to the Great Movie Ride's Chinese Theater so a viewing spot is more important than if it were just fireworks alone. They do have a dessert party that goes with it, but that schedule usually only comes out about a month in advance.

Keep the advice coming! I have been a little worried about the travelling too. We were going to skip the fireworks at Epcot that night. Also, thank you so much for letting me know about the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular. Both of my kids have been through Jedi Training at DHS! LOL I have also been thinking about a Character breakfast in the mix. They may be older, but we are all kids at heart.

My son still likes characters, too. Differently than when he was younger, but he still enjoyed our breakfasts at Crystal Palace (Pooh & Friends), Garden Grill (Mickey, Chip, Dale, Pluto), and Ohana (Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, Pluto).

The traveling, like I said, would be less if you are in a resort in the MK area with the meals you have. I think Artist Point is worth it, but that is based on our experience and preference. We also enjoyed our meal at Narcoose's at Grand Floridian, which is not on your list.

Do a character breakfast! One of my favorite Disney memories is Crystal Palace for dinner with my dad and sister when I was 22 and she was 18. We lucked into it day of and had a blast.

Thanks for all of your help!!! I have made changes. Definitely adding a Character Breakfast...probably Crystal Palace because we love Eeyore! Although it looks yummy, we are taking off Artist Point too. Just too much time out of the park. Now I have to decide on Epcot restaurants! Fortunealty, there are many tochoose from :)

Ok...Here is my new plan!

July 25 Afternoon Arrival
Dinner California Grill
July 26 MK
Breakfast Crystal Palace
Lunch snacks
Dinner BOG
July 27 EPCOT
Breakfast Snack
Lunch Chefs De France
Dinner Yachtsman Steakhouse
July 28
Breakfast Snack
Lunch early Mama Melrose
Dinner Brown Derby

Still in the revision process! Wemight be there early enough July 25 for a lunch. Any suggestions outside the park at a resort or Disney Springs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!