Please critique my AK touring plan for Feb. 21

Jan2016

Earning My Ears
Hi! We will be in AK for one day on Feb. 21. It will be our first full day in the world so I'd like to get to MK that evening for wishes and maybe a ride or 2. It's me, dh, 13yo dd and 8 yo ds. Easywdw predicts crowd level 7, but AK is not recommended for this day. Here is my tentative plan.

9:10-9:30 KS (fp window is 9:10-10:10)
9:30-10:30 FOTLC (10:00 show)
10:30-10:50 Gorilla falls
11-11:15 EE (fp window is 10:10-11:10)
11:20-11:40 jungle trek
12-1 ADR Yak and Yeti
1:30 flights of wonder
2:00 dinosaur (fp window is 1:15 to 2:15)
Leave the park by 3:00 for 5:35 dinner rez at The Wave (we are staying at BLT).

Please let me know if you think this sounds too packed. Since it is our first morning there after traveling, I don't want to add the pressure of getting there for rope drop, especially since we will be doing am EMHs for MK and EP later in the week. I want to enjoy the park at a somewhat relaxed pace since we haven't been there since 2006, but would also like to make sure to be back at hotel in time to rest/shower for 5:35 dinner. Many thanks!

I will say that you might struggle to be fast enough to get between areas that you have only left yourself a small window of time, such as flight of wonder to dinosaur. Other than that, I don't see that it is impossible.

Thanks for your input. I am also considering, if we happen to get there for rope drop, doing Dinosaur then, which would alleviate that pinch point. But i am also considering EE for rope drop so we can ride it twice....

What about doing the yak and yeti window instead of TS? Or are you on the dining plan? It would save time and TBH the last time we ate at y&y we said it was no better than Panda Express and we should have just done the window.

What about doing the yak and yeti window instead of TS? Or are you on the dining plan? It would save time and TBH the last time we ate at y&y we said it was no better than Panda Express and we should have just done the window.

Never thought to do this as i was under the impression that the food at the window place was different (in a bad way) from the TS. I will check it out as that sounds like a much easier option. Thanks!

Is there a particular reason you chose Flights of Wonder over Nemo???

Never thought to do this as i was under the impression that the food at the window place was different (in a bad way) from the TS. I will check it out as that sounds like a much easier option. Thanks!
You can get a teriyaki beef or honey chicken bowl at the window. Same quality and cheaper than inside. We still prefer flame tree BBQ.

Is there a particular reason you chose Flights of Wonder over Nemo???

No. I had read from a few sources that flights of wonder was really a good show and then i was thinking I'd choose between lion king and nemo - picking lion king as i think my family may enjoy that show more. I know DH and DD would prefer flights of wonder. DS would probably like demo. Do you think that missing nemo is a bad idea? fwiw - we're not big on shows.

AMBEHKNE -- Thanks again for the suggestion. I actually prefer not having an ADR so we have more flexibility in terms of time and cuisine! And I'm pretty sure the kids will prefer the CS menu options. I am going to cancel the YnY ADR now and this way we can choose btw flame tree and the YnY CS when we are there. :)

No. I had read from a few sources that flights of wonder was really a good show and then i was thinking I'd choose between lion king and nemo - picking lion king as i think my family may enjoy that show more. I know DH and DD would prefer flights of wonder. DS would probably like demo. Do you think that missing nemo is a bad idea? fwiw - we're not big on shows.

FOTLK used to be my favorite on-property show until I saw Nemo. Wow!! Then again I am a total Broadway baby (and wish Nemo was what they had expanded rather than icky Aladdin for Broadway.)

I love birds, but to me the idea of them swooping all around me is not fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!