Play Stay Dine vs Free Dining

Chip_Dale

DIS Veteran
What is the difference in the promotions Play Stay Dine and Free Dining? What is included in one and not the other? Do both require purchase park tickets (how many days)?

With Stay Play Dine, you do not have to have park hoppers, I think......You don't really get much of a room discount, I think it's like 5%, but you get about 50% off the dining plan.

With Free Dining, you have to get hoppers, you get no room discount, but you get the dining plan for free.

ETA : @SouthFayetteFan did a great breakdown on the Stay Play Dine here:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-2016-calculation-thread.3451389/

Given that, it looks like there is no room discount on either plan.

What is the difference in the promotions Play Stay Dine and Free Dining? What is included in one and not the other? Do both require purchase park tickets (how many days)?
I only have my own anecdotal story. Last year I had FD, when play and stay came out I priced it out to see if it was a better deal and FD was cheaper by a little bit, so obviously I didn't switch. This year I will check again.

We have went with both Free and PSD, and FD was better but I will rose whatever they offer!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter