planning my familys first trip and I have a few questions?

spoiled_momma

Mouseketeer
We are going to go to WDW in December the 22 thru the 26. then we are going to to on the 3 night disney cruise the 26th thru the 29th.
I have priced this vacation as the 7 day package but I have also priced them separtely and that seems to be the cheapest. I just dont know if I'm getting a "good" rate or not so maybe you all could help me out.
Through Disney.com the 22nd, checking out the 26th at the all star movie 2 adults 2 kids is 1,623.24.this is the package with the park hopper passes and a wish like the charater breakfast.

the cruise if i book it through expedia is 2147. so total about 4000

just wondering from some of you all who have been if these are good rates or if i could do better someplace else?
also has anyone ever booked thru expedia and how was your experiance.

I know this has been and I thank you for any help.

Disnee Dad Says..............................Is there any chance at all that you change your dates, move it back a week or two?? You can get everything for a lot less!! It is so odd that WDW charges the most, when the most people will be there,and you get the least!
Book everything yourself!! On our second trip, I asked an agent why the packages were so expensive. She said they had some great packages, and gave me a broushure. The agent price for the trip was $4200. In less than thirty minutes, I booked the same trip for $2700!!! But I didn't get a FREE handbag, or the keychain holder!

Ok I have read and read. The boards and travelocity both say you can get a room at any AS hotel for 114.00 a night. This brings your total to about 501.00 including tax for 4 nights. The 4 day hoppers seperate are 204.00 each for adults and kids are 162.00 each. All the CB are 16.99 or less for adults and kids are 9.99 or less. Therefore you are paying about 350.00 more with the package HTH.:eek:

Disnee Dad Says........................ I repeat, if there is ANY chance at all to change the dates a bit, then you need to. You will wait in line for an hour, for a ride that you could do with a five minute wait, two weeks prior.Just want your trip to be great!!

thank you for all your help.. No I cant change the dates we go. Me and the kids are all in school the first two weeks of december.. I know christmas is the worst time to go but hopefully with all the help from these boards we will be very prepared.

:Pinkbounc :smooth: :bounce:

You may also want to call Disney directly instead of through the internet. IF they have any specials, they are usuanlly not on the Internet. (It's usually the other way around LOL)

Too bad you couldn't check in on 12/19. You would then pay value rate for your entire stay. ($77), often specials are available then too.

Try not to get the length of stay pass. You are charged for each day of your stay, even if you don;t go to the parks. (Day of arrival and day of departure are usually not full park days for anyone!) Buy the hopper passes for your best deal

Check this link also. Mary always has some of the best codes vailabel for discounts. ANd if you book directly through Disney yourself, you can modify your trip ressies up to (I believe it is still) 5 days before your trip. I have been able to save hundreds by using codes or changing hotels to a better deal.

Mousesavers

Good luck! You will have a blast at Christmas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter