Planet Hollywood Observatory

JiminyOhana

Disney Addict
Have heard a lot of bad reviews upon opening. Typical mediocre bar food, overpriced, poor theming, ect.. Anybody have any personal experience? I've been excited for this place to open, disappointing to hear such bad reviews.

Those reviews are spot on!!!! I would also add that the movie item displays are really blah and the 10 (no exaggeration) employees that said hi to us as we entered and went up the stairs was super annoying.

Like any new open, I suspect it will take some time for the cast and theme to "gel." I'm sure that they are busily reading reviews, such as on the DIS!

We went a few years ago and liked it. My kids LOVED the fries and DH loved the key lime pie. We are probably going to go again....but a little unsure based on the reviews plus I am not so crazy about the new menu. Still, I think we will probably like it so we will give it a chance.

Just went there yesterday and it was a HUGE disappointment. I would honestly rather go back to T-rex or Rainforest Cafe for the 100th time than to go back to Planet Hollywood again. If you like spending $34 for an appetizer (High Roller Wheel), then this place is for you! LOL It's a completely new menu (main feature is Guy Fieri burgers) which my DS said he enjoyed. I had the veggie burger which, I will have to admit, was amazing....but everything else was very lackluster that it didn't impress or encourage me to ever come back again. The fries are now 'triple fries' that are apparently 3 different type of fries (seasoned, waffle, and one other type) and mine and my DS were COLD. My DGS spaghetti and meatballs was COLD too. My DH got the chicken pasta and it was ok but very oily. For 3 adults and 1 child (including 2 regular drinks; kids meal comes with a drink and my DH ordered water) it was $80. Right now they don't have ANY discounts programmed in to their computers so they can't even do a Disney Dining plan. We were hoping to check out the different floors with the memorabilia but then one of the main levels was closed off for a private event. We had to go find the hidden elevator so we could take the stroller up rather to the 2nd level where you check in, only to find out we were supposed to leave the stroller on the first level and the ladies at the front doors didn't tell us. Someone took the stroller back downstairs for us which was nice. The staff that we encountered was very nice. When we first got seated hardly anyone was there but as the place filled up it was apparent that they have the tables crammed in there so it made it difficult for people to walk through without pushing against the chairs. Their new 'high tech' screen is VERY HARD to view from the main level. And the images on the screen were hard to see since they were so small (they were just playing music videos)...the rest of the screen was filled will a bunch of extra digital static displays that I have no idea what they were. To top the entire experience off my DH told me (later on) that when he went to the restroom he saw 2 people in 1 stall having "fun" (he just saw the 2 sets of feet and some 'sounds'). He didn't say anything to staff (heck, who knows, might have been staff members!?!) and didn't tell me until later but just completely put me off on going there ever again.

Had dinner there tonight (Sunday). Yuck. There are so many good options at Disney Springs and this was terrible...reservation "lost" in their computer (but to their credit they seated us right away anyway), carpet/floor was filthy, over an hour to be served COLD food (ick), 90 minutes at the table and drinks were never offered to be refilled. No thanks. New restaurants need time to work out the kinks, but this is not one we'll try again. Totally skippable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter