Planet Hollywood 03/27 with a Bongo's quick stop

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
DH and I had a rare week day evening to spend normal hours together. He wanted to go out for dinner. And who was I to deny him? :confused3 :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:
We went to Planet Hollywood, DTD. We have only dined there one other time, long ago, and had no complaints. I don't know why we did not return again until last night. (Probably partly because of the usual long line of guests who are standing on the stairs waiting to enter.)

Tuesday, early evening, no ADRs, and we were seated in about 5 minutes. (I don't know if PH accepts ADRs or not.)

DH ordered the spaghetti (which is listed as Pomodoro on the receipt) and a Coke to drink.
I ordered the Asian Chicken Salad, with ice tea to drink.

No bread or anything extra came with our entrees. Afterwards, DH said he was surprised he did not at least get a breadstick or piece of bread. Had we known this we probably would have ordered a side of some garlic bread that sounded yummy.
But we both had plenty to eat as it was. I even brought home a good portion of my chicken salad and finished it tonight for dinner. It was still very good and fresh tasting. The salad did not have a lot of dressing, so it was still crisp and flavorful. The chicken was really good in the salad. Tender, white and good flavor.
DH said a few times how good his spaghetti was. He likes garlic and he said the tomatoes and garlic were good. The spaghetti could have been cooked a little longer. But he was happy with it. The tomotoes over his spaghetti were diced up and looked to be in a sauce. It was not a typical looking spaghetti sauce.

The service was very good. The place was noisy. But we were expecting that. And it was very busy. I never saw a table stay empty long.

Afterwards DH wanted to stop by his favorite WDW counter service -- Bongos. He bought several ham croquetas and pap rellenas for his lunch today and some to share with me and one of his co-workers. (I had two ham croquetas with my salad tonight -- I just nuked those croqs up. mmmmmm They are not really large. But they are only 75 cents each. Well worth it.

So overall, DH walked away from DTD a happy man last night! :goodvibes :lmao:

Great reviews.

Planet Hollywood always gets knocked around on these boards but I really enjoy the food there. Never been disappointed in any food that I've ordered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter