• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pixie Dusting Of Guests Coming To The New Peter Pan Queue

More info.:)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...ey-world-interactive-queue-20150116-post.html

"The queue line at the Peter Pan's Flight ride at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom will soon get new interactive features..

Guests standing in line will see a 3-D Tinkerbell flying around Wendy's bedroom. A new technology will make it seem as though she is flying right up to people standing in line.

Also, visitors' shadows will be manipulated to make them interact with shadows of butterflies and a top hat.

And at the end of the attraction, Tinkerbell will fly by and sprinkle departing visitors with pixie dust."

My favorite ride, and this makes it all the more awesome!
Really nice to see that they're not just catering to the latest Disney films like "Frozen" and actually continuing to spruce up the old classics. Can't wait to see this :thumbsup2

Just thinking out loud... we used FP's for the SD Mine Carts on 2 occassions, so we never did see all of the cool stuff in the stand-by lines. I wonder if you will get to actually experience any of this if you have a FP.

Sounds pretty cool. Might be worth heading over to Fantasy Land early in the day, and doing PP standby.

Do you miss this if you use FP+

Yes. The FP+ queue bypasses the new SB queue area completely. As you're facing the ride, the FP+ queue is on the left and is entirely in the covered outdoor area where the SB area also used to be (it has been reconfigured a bit, and looks like it holds more people than the old FP lane did). The SB queue is near the right side of the ride as you're facing it (closer to the Rapunzel bathrooms) and takes you indoors. The SB queue is going to be really, really nice when it's hot outside since it's indoors and air conditioned. The old SB queue was brutal in the heat.

The new area had just opened (without the effects described in the blog) when we were there in December and even then we thought it was really awesome. It really is a shame to miss it using the FP+ line. I'd recommend everyone tolerate SB at least once to see the queue...it really is exceptionally detailed.

Off topic----kinda sorta

I've only been on Peter pan twice...that was one day after another this June and LATE at night (12-1 am). Did the cms or anything sprinkle pixie dust/glitter before you left the loading area? Or did cms just mime it?

i did notice there was a ton of glitter stuck in the floor of the vehicle, but that could have been from little kids dress up stuff.

Is the new area still open only during busier times? There have been multiple reports of guests who have gone through the (new) standby queue but not through the new area. They apparently went during times such as early mornings, when a short queue was enough to hold everyone.

Wow! Amazing. I love these new queues.

Well I may actually not waste a fast pass and actually wait in line this time. I'll wait when the crowds die down near 11pm onward.

When I see new details like this, it shows that while things change, the magic is still very much alive :)

We did the que in December, however, after finishing the rooms, we took the exit then went over to the FP line and actually got on the ride. The wait would have been another 20 minutes the other way. As it is, we had plenty of time to see everything in the rooms as it was very slow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter