Pirate Cruise, appropriate age???

penel3

Disney World Addict since 1994
I registered my son for the pirate cruise in september. I apparently registered him right before they changed the age requirement. He is 3 years old (3yrs 7months by then). When I called this week to change the day they told me the age requirement had changed, so I needed to keep the current reservation, as I made it before the cutoff (grandfathered in you might say) or he couldn't go at all.
My issue is: should I even let him go now? Will he be too much younger than the other kids? Will the staff know how to handle him or will they view him as a burden? I just don't want my son to suffer or not have a good time.
Help!!!!

We took our soon in December 2002 on the Pirate Cruise and he was 6 at the time. I think the youngest age at the time was about 5 years old. I personally think he is too young...and besides that...After all the hooplah over it and thinking it was going to be really fun for my son...He liked it okay...but he didn't rave about it, so I personally think it's a waste of money....

Last summer the age limit was still 3 y.o ... my 7 y.o. grandson went and had fun, but I personally think a 3 y.o. is too young ... I wouldn't want my child out in a boat w/o me even with a lifejacket!

We went to WDW about a month ago, and my daughter went on the Pirate Cruise. She was 3 yo 5mo at the time. She went with a friend that was 6yo, and that made a big difference. She absolutely loved the cruise and still plays with all the "treasure" she received. I am not sure how well she would have done by herself though.

GO FOR IT!!!

My son (3 yrs 10 months) went on it last week & LOVED IT!!

The smile on his face when he came off the boat was priceless!! He had to show us his treasures right away. He talked & talked about it all day & even now talks about finding treasures & going on the "pirate boat".

What is the cut off for it now anyway?

I say if you can, keep the original date so he can go on it.

Good luck

My kids went last year and loved it! DD was 3 3/4 and DS was 6. One of the CM's was an older woman (kind of a grandma type) and she was great with my DD - they even took a picture together at the end of the cruise. I think the staff was great with all the kids. The kids still talk about how much fun they had.

My kids are going in October. My daughter will have just turned four, my son will be five.

It probably depends on your son. If he is pretty independant and can spend two hours away from you, plays well with other kids, listens and follows directions, he will probably be fine and have a great time. Since they apparently just changed the age limit, I don't think the CMs will feel burdened or it won't be age appropriate for him.

I made a PS today fro my 2 dds one of whom is 3, and cm didnt say anything. She actually read the blurb to me and the age was from 3. I know mine will love it, and from what I have read it is very safe. Disney always is

Where did you call for PS for this??
Where is the best write up on this Pirate Cruise??

Thanks

we are going in Oct, and I would like to sign up my 6 and 9 year old boys. How much is this, when is this, and how do I get a reservation? Can I do it on line?
Thanks

My son was 8, almost 9 and he really didn't like it either. He had to hold hands with a buddy, and this was way too babyish for him. He said it was fun, but he kindof shrugged his shoulders and said,"Just okay". I think 9 years old is pushing it a little, especially if the group has a lot of smaller kids on it.

Hi, I was wondering how many children are on each pirate cruise? Thanks!

Originally posted by sln88
we are going in Oct, and I would like to sign up my 6 and 9 year old boys. How much is this, when is this, and how do I get a reservation? Can I do it on line?
Thanks

Got this from Deb's website

Pirate Cruise - Children will wear pirate bandanas and follow clues to search Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon for buried treasure. They will sail to many exotic "ports of call" (Resort Marinas) to collect treasure. At the final port of call, children will have a snack and split up the "buried treasure." Children who are potty trained (no pullups) and ages 3-10 may attend. Lunch is provided (Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, Gummy bears, Krispy Treat and Juice box). .

Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 10:00 to 12 noon
Available to all guests, Cost is $24.95 plus tax.
Reservations 120 days in advance 407-WDW-DINE

The time has changed since this was written though, It is now 9:30-11:30

I'd like to make a reservation for my 9 year old son to do this, but we're not staying at a Disney Resort. Can he still participate? Or is this only for Disney Resort Guests?

Thanks,

I thought of sending my 4 1/2 DS. They were already booked. THey said they take 22 kids. At least 2 adult CM's. One of those id a certified lifeguard. I'm going to way until DD is of age and they can both go together.. How that helps some too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter