• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pina Colada Epiphany!!

GetToDumbo

Earning My Ears
As I, you may very will be going through your Disney Dining options and trying how to figure out how to maximize you dining experience. At a number of restaurants we were planning on having a few virgin drinks as our free drink. Golfing today, I saw in the beer cart little bottles of Jägermeister (very weird...it had to be providence), and I had an idea: why not bring a mini bottle of rum to make my virgin Pina Colada non-virgin! (It's epiphanies like this that should really encourage my wife to make me go golfing more often.) An idea this big, I had to share it with you all!!

Great idea!!!!!Do not know how disney would feel about this????

I'm not sure that's a great idea. I would think it would be against the rules for Disney's liquer license if outside alcohol were consumed in their establishments. I wouldn't want the restarants to get into any trouble. I also think that alcohol is one of the things they look for a bag check

I think it is an awesome idea. Of course it's against the "rules"-DUH! But, if they do find it in a bag check, they aren't going to toss you out of the park by your ears. They would most likely throw it in the trash and you just play dumb by saying,"I really thought you could do that."

will Disney stop letting ppl in w/bottled water that they buy at the resorts?

newholidayx2 said:
will Disney stop letting ppl in w/bottled water that they buy at the resorts?

No - Disney has no rule against bring bottled water into their parks, just alcoholic beverages

Pina colada. Ahh, my favorite drink.
Off topic OP. But, have you heard anything about Rosen shingle creek, in orlando. I hear it is supposed to have great greens. Honestly I know nothing about golfing, other, than playing mini golf. :goodvibes Just wanted to know if you have heard anything about this resort? Since, I will be staying there.

faindrops27 said:
Pina colada. Ahh, my favorite drink.
Off topic OP. But, have you heard anything about Rosen shingle creek, in orlando. I hear it is supposed to have great greens. Honestly I know nothing about golfing, other, than playing mini golf. :goodvibes Just wanted to know if you have heard anything about this resort? Since, I will be staying there.

Nope, sorry. I don't usually make Disney a golf vacation, but we did once when travelling w/ my brother and father-in-law we stayed off-property for a couple days at the Grand Cypress and played 2 rounds of 18 there. The course was in beautiful shape (I'm biased, though... first time I broke 90was at the Grand Cypress!). We also did Falcon's Fire off-property, which was also a very nice course.

Strangely enough, we did one Disney Course, Magnolia a week after the Funai Classic, and I was suprised at how poor a condition the course was! Part of the problem was that it had just been trampled on by thousands of spectators for the PGA event, but it's greens weren't in that great of shape either. They were very fast--- you'd manage to hit the green and just see it slide off. After seeing the greens at Hoylake for the British Open, I'm not sure prestine greens are what they shoot for at professional golf events.

I'm sure Rosen Shingle Creek will be an nice stay... hanging around all those happy fathers that got to go golfing on their vacation has to be a delightful experience! Let me know what you think of Rosen Shingle Creek--- never know when I'll be vacationing w/ the in-laws again, and looking for some golf.

kritter said:
Great idea!!!!!Do not know how disney would feel about this????

What Disney doesn't know won't hurt it. My guess: officially, it's against the rules. Unofficially, you're on vacation :smooth:, have a good time on your few days respite from the daily grind.

GetToDumbo said:
As I, you may very will be going through your Disney Dining options and trying how to figure out how to maximize you dining experience. At a number of restaurants we were planning on having a few virgin drinks as our free drink. Golfing today, I saw in the beer cart little bottles of Jägermeister (very weird...it had to be providence), and I had an idea: why not bring a mini bottle of rum to make my virgin Pina Colada non-virgin! (It's epiphanies like this that should really encourage my wife to make me go golfing more often.) An idea this big, I had to share it with you all!!

I sooooo beat you to this one back when I was in college! :rotfl:

Also, not for at Disney, but it's great to order a coke and a shot of rum instead of a rum coke, and then you get free refills of coke for the rest of the night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter