PIER 39 Tree Lighting Featuring Friends from Disneyland

RedRosePrincess

Mouseketeer
I was reading my local newspaper last night and saw an ad for this and thought I would share for those in the area. :santa: Only bad thing is the rain in the forecast.

Sunday, November 21, 2010
12:00 PM to 6:00 PM

PIER 39's Tree Lighting Celebration Magically Lights up the Season with our Friends from the Disneyland® Resort!

Join PIER 39 and our special pals direct from the Disneyland® Resort as we kick-off the holidays with warmth, merriment and lots of holiday spirit! Families and friends are invited to PIER 39 to give hugs to some of their Disney Pals, sing along with live holiday entertainment, and enjoy a special visit with Santa himself. Then witness the spectacular illumination of PIER 39’s majestic 60-foot tree, adorned with hundreds of bows, ornaments and glistening lights at 5:30pm in PIER 39’s Entrance Plaza. From 12:00pm to 3:00pm you can meet one of your Disney pals

Aw if I wasn't working I would have considered making the drive up to San Fran for this!
I was just there Tuesday for a concert :)

That would be fun if it wasn't in SF. :sad2: I just don't like driving down there. I don't like big cities, mostly because parking is so miserable. When they invent the teleporter, then I'll go to events in SF. :rotfl2: Too bad it will probably be raining too. Love to see pics though if anyone goes. :thumbsup2

I was totally planning on just hoping on BART and going. With all the rain we've gotten yesterday and today I think I'm going to pass though. Besides, I get off work at 6:30 in the morning and think sleep sounds much better this time 'round.

I went to the tree lighting yesterday at Pier 39 but only because we happen to be going to a concert in the city and because we had planned on eating dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe which just happens to be at Pier 39.

We got to the Hard Rock around 4 and our waitress had asked us if we had seen Mickey Mouse earlier. We said no but she told us he was out there in his "winter sweater". Turns out our waitress is a pretty big Disney fan and she had a few Disney pins on her lanyard along with all her Hard Rock pins. We had finished dinner and headed out of the restaurant at 5:15 because right when we left the restaurant a voice came on saying "in just 15 minutes we will be lighting the tree..." it was very Disney-esque. It was like I was waiting for Fantasmic!

It must have been closer to 5:35 when the ceremony started. Some lady from CBS Ch. 5 came out and MC'ed the event. She talked a bit and then Mickey and Minnie came on stage dressed in their cute holiday/winter outfits. They were saying how there was another special helper needed to light the tree and that's when Goofy came on stage in his Santa Claus outfit.

Goofy tried to light the tree using an oversized electrical plug but that didn't work. So then they decided we should sing. We sang its a small world/Jingle Bells (just like how its played in IASWH). Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy had this cute dance routine that went along with the music. In the end we counted down and then the tree was lit.

Overall it was a cute and short ceremony. It was great seeing those 3 without having to be in Anahiem. It helped make the day a little bit more magical. :santa:

We were kinda far away and behind the stage they were on but I did manage to get a few pictures. I will try to post them here later on.

Aw sounds so fun! It would be totally weird to see the characters not in DLR!
Thanks for the mini TR! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter