Pics of silly Main Street Barbershop styles?

My many thanks to everyone! I've been away for a day or so (such is life:rolleyes1 ), but I LOVE the photos! I can't wait to show my DS and my DH tomorrow! I guess I'll have to look into get my DD's hair done too, even if it's just the pixie dust!
(BTW, any other pictures would be appreciated by myself and many others!)

Girls are welcome!! We had our daughter's 1st haircut there and they did an awesome job with her. She received gold Mickey ears with embroidered 1st Haircut on the back, a certificate, tons of pixie dust and stickers, and they wrapped her 1st lock of hair up for me to bring home. It was alot of fun!!

Here are the pictures of my boys:

DSCN0259.jpg

Greydon getting his hair gelled

DSCN0271.jpg

The back of Greydon's head with Mickey ears!

DSCN0262.jpg

Front view

DSC_0126.jpg

Leo from the back

DSC_0136.jpg

Front view of Leo's faux-hawk

DSCN0265.jpg

Just outside the Barber Shop

Do you need to make an appt. to have the hair done? Thank you

The Harmony Barbershop doesn't accept appointments. It's strictly walkup.

Colored hair gel and confetti is $5 (free with a haircut). Everyone is accepted. :)

Those are so cute. This may be a stupid question. But with the Florida heat, sweat, and all wouldn't that gel and pixie dust be a bit itchy? Looks like it might be.

My boys didn't seem to be bothered by it, but it wasn't that hot when we were there last week. My 10 year old lost quite a bit of his pixie dust on Expedition Everest later that night, though!:scared1:

Those are so cute. This may be a stupid question. But with the Florida heat, sweat, and all wouldn't that gel and pixie dust be a bit itchy? Looks like it might be.

It didn't bother me at all when I got my haircut at the end of last August. The only partially annoying part was the Mickey-shaped confetti that kept falling out of my hair for several hours afterward. :)

Girls are welcome!! We had our daughter's 1st haircut there and they did an awesome job with her. She received gold Mickey ears with embroidered 1st Haircut on the back, a certificate, tons of pixie dust and stickers, and they wrapped her 1st lock of hair up for me to bring home. It was alot of fun!!

I am hoping to have our Little Princess Auroras first hircut at WDW! It seems fitting! On;y 2 and a half months to go! Now if her har would just start growing!!!! Could you tell me a little about what they did to her hair? Was it just a littletrim?
Thanks so much
Heidi

My friends (A guy, age 29, and a girl, age 24) and myself (Age 26) went to the Barber shop on our trip in September. We all had our hair gelled and pixie dusted. It was so much fun!

I still say it was the best 5$ (I think that's what it cost) that I spent on our trip! They put almost a full handful of pixie dust on each of us...we shed pixie dust for the rest of the day! We kept telling people who asked that Tinkerbell sneezed on us!

No girls allowed? It would be great to have them get pixie dusted. Do they use hairspray to keep the pixie dust in?

Oh no!!! My DDs both had major hair cuts there. They cut their hair to donate to locks of love. DD1 cut 10 inches, DD2 cut 11 inches. They looked adorable in their bobs and tons of Pixie Dust!!!

My wife and I (both of us are female) have a tradition of getting our hair cut at Disney World. If I can find my pictures, I'll certainly post them.
We have a blast. :thumbsup2

I have shoulder length curly hair and just get a trim and always get a little colored gel and lots of pixie dust. I get just enough gel to hold the glitter and for the rest of the trip, I find glitter everywhere!

My wife has very short hair and she doesn't get any gel, but does get a bucket load of pixie dust on her head! Her pixie dust is generally gone by the end of the day, although we find it in her clothing for the rest of the week.

The barber shop does not take reservations, it's only walk up and at times, there can be quite a wait. It's always our first stop on our first day at MK. The people who work there are so fun and really seem to enjoy their work. We do tip well as they work very hard.

Girls are definitely welcome. Here are pictures from December of my daughters. They had so much fun doing this.

jhair.jpg

ehaircut.jpg

Ds son got his Gell'd but too cooool for Pixie Dust!!
Florida07189.jpg

So I got His...........
Florida07191.jpg

And DH got a trim(polish).....

Florida07192.jpg

No girls allowed? It would be great to have them get pixie dusted. Do they use hairspray to keep the pixie dust in?

Girls are soooo welcome...... even big girls as you can see by my photos in the post above.

It was really fun cos People would look at me a laugh and so many little girls asked where i got it done.it was soooo coool !!!

My Brother went to the barber shop withy the rest of my family and he was willing to put his hair in a mowhawk. A green Mow hawk :lmao: . It was histerical and when they put the pixie dust on his new hair cut he started running outside yelling " I do believe in faries I do I do " It was one of the funniest things he has done in Disney and he =has done some crazy things in Disney. I enjoyed the laugh but it turned out that the haircut was very good!! The barbers were very funny with a great personality!! I luved it!!
:rotfl:

Actually sounds like something I would do...
:rolleyes1

How do they get the pixie dust to stay on - lots of hairspray or they simply "dust" you and most of it come off right away?

Also, is the colored gel easy to wash out of hair?

Looks so coooolllll!!!! LOL!

Sort of off topic... DSis and I are taking our DFather to WDW for the first time in June for his 70th birthday. He's been a barber for over 50 years, loves old-time barbershops and I think it might be fun to experience a barber shop - Disney style.

He's really a traditionalist, so probably will not like the colored gel and pixie dust thing, but is there anything else at the shop that might be special for him?

How do they get the pixie dust to stay on - lots of hairspray or they simply "dust" you and most of it come off right away?

Also, is the colored gel easy to wash out of hair?

Looks so coooolllll!!!! LOL!

Sorry needed to ask again to bump up so somebody might notice-Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!