Pics of silly Main Street Barbershop styles?

Karmel96

Wherever you go...there you are!
We are thinking my DS may need a trim while we are in WDW, and the Main Street barbershop would be perfect I know others have posted about the experience (all seem fairly positive). My DS heard us talking about the fun stuff they can do to your hair and now wants it done. Does anyone have a photos of their kids crazy do's?
Thanks all!

DS got a flat-top in 2003 and she put a huge blue, glittery hidden mickey on the back of his head. He did not know at first that she did it. We ate at Whispering Canyon Cafe that night and our server brought him up to the front of the restaurant, turned him around and asked if anyone could find the hidden mickey! I will ask if DH can help me post a photo tomorrow.

For some reason, I am not allowed to post attachments.:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 Hopefully these links will work.

As you can see from my sig, DS now has much longer hair!:rotfl:

We've done this twice, it's a lot of fun!

100_5061.jpg

As soon as I get my photos off my camera, I'll put up my son's pics. We did this on Wednesday, and I'm so glad we did. As we were leaving the park, I thought we'd just check out the line. I've tried to do this before, and the wait was always way too long. I was very surprised to find that at 2 p.m., there was one lady finishing a haircut and one just sitting there.

I got both of my sons gelled and pixie dusted in a matter of minutes! My toddler had his gelled into a "faux-hawk", and that was hilarious!

We got so many comments the rest of the day from it! I was really surprised at the number of CMs who asked about it and didn't even know there was a barbershop in the MK!

Would you mind telling me how much it cost? I would love to have it done for my nephew:)

It was $15 total for both my boys, so I guess it's $7.50 each. I heard them say that they would put the "pixie dust" in for free without the gel.

Oh, thank you:) I have so many secrets for the 2 kids I am taking, I am busting out my seams:) We only have 189 days before we hit the magic:)

Here is DS in 2006.

I think we gave them $20 total. I think it was worth it for the experience and I have to say it is one of the best haircuts he has had. I didn't care too much for the colored gel though. My yellow shirt was covered by the end of the day.:scared1:

How about a silly adult 'do? Much to the chagrin of my kids (they were 15 and 18 this trip) I love to be as silly as possible when at WDW! This time it involved the free "pixie dust" (of course, we did leave a $5 tip).

Picture011.jpg

Have fun at the Barber Shop!

Do they only do glitter, and mickey hair? Or do they do regular men's hair cuts too?

What is this I hear about "free pixie dust." Do they dust you with pixie dust at the Barbershop? If so, I never knew. I would love to walk around the Magic Kingdom all dusted up!!! :)

That's what I heard the lady say to someone who came in. The pixie dust by itself is free.

My Brother went to the barber shop withy the rest of my family and he was willing to put his hair in a mowhawk. A green Mow hawk :lmao: . It was histerical and when they put the pixie dust on his new hair cut he started running outside yelling " I do believe in faries I do I do " It was one of the funniest things he has done in Disney and he =has done some crazy things in Disney. I enjoyed the laugh but it turned out that the haircut was very good!! The barbers were very funny with a great personality!! I luved it!!

Will they put a little girl's hair up with glitter and dust? She has long hair that we can put in a ponytail.

No girls allowed? It would be great to have them get pixie dusted. Do they use hairspray to keep the pixie dust in?

The person I heard asking about the pixie dust had a little girl with her. I think they will do it for girls or boys.

I've seen pictures of men, women, girls, and boys with pixie dust, and color in their hair from the barbershop. I think it would be a lot of fun to walk around the park with pixie dust in your hair!:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter