Photos of Guest Decorated Windows

Discussion in 'Resorts Community Board' started by shaunaday, Jun 25, 2008.

1. choppee

choppee A True Louisiana Creole!

so...i'm getting ready to go to wdw for the first time in september to be at the mnsshp! very excited. and will be decorating my window since everyone has so inspired me to do so. quick question; will be staying at the pop and have no idea how many windows it has. one or two? got to know how many lights/decorations to buy! thanks in advance.

2. mickeygirl78

mickeygirl78 DIS Veteran

Pop rooms have one window.

choppee likes this.
  3. Christine L.

Christine L. Earning My Ears

I'm soooo happy I found this thread. I'm heading to wdw for Halloween with two sisters, two nieces and two nephews. I've already bought my supplies. They have no idea you can do this. Crazy Auntie, at it again :yay:

4. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

5. klmall

klmall aka Kathy DIS Lifetime Sponsor

6. PlutoLover93

PlutoLover93 Mouseketeer

This thread has finally given me something to do with my time off from work. It has inspired me so much and it's gotten me that much more excited for my trip. I'm most likely going overboard with my decorations but oh well haha.

7. sara1215

sara1215 Newbie here--please be patient!

This is good to know. I just switched to AOA and it may not be worth my time to decorate the windows if they won't really be seen.

8. Joeyswife3108

Joeyswife3108 Earning My Ears

I'm a planner and we don't go until next year but has anyone stayed at the Contemporary standard room? Can we decorate the door or windows? We have never been to the contemporary and this will be our first time!

9. Dr. Seaker

Dr. Seaker Earning My Ears

When I went we decorated the slider facing 7 Seas Lagoon...but IMO it wasn't as great as the value resorts that we decorated. There's just something about decking out that tiny little window....

10. MagentaMulan

MagentaMulan Mouseketeer

Has anyone used the Command window hooks? I going to try some on my home window before I use them at the resort.

11. Julia33

Julia33 Earning My Ears

Wanted to share our window at POP from our trip last week :D
    My best friend and I are Peter Pan lovers and so I surprised her with this and a few other fun things in our room.
    [​IMG]

12. patches07

patches07 DIS Veteran

Love your window :flower1:

13. HappyGal

HappyGal DIS Veteran

That is absolutely brilliant! How did you manage to "swirl" the lights like that?

14. goofymom/pop

goofymom/pop <font color=deeppink>oh where oh where can the tag

Hi everyone...getting conflicting info....AOA doors...will magnets work on doors at Nemo suites? I have both yes and no. Don't want to spend all the time making magnets if they won't work.

15. suorkaterina

suorkaterina Belle's Librarian

Hey everyone. I'm just here hoping to revive a dead thread and ask a question which I may have missed in reading all 36 pages here. So window clings are ok, and ribbons, magnets on the doors. How about suction cup hooks?

I've wanted to decorate a window so bad but never got it together enough to do it. Mom and I are going in a couple weeks so I'm determined to come up with something fun to do up our window Halloween style.

16. homeschoolmomof4

homeschoolmomof4 Keep moving forward

Suction cups are fine! I have used them many times to hold up Christmas lights on our window at Pop Century. I'll be doing the same thing this year at POR.

suorkaterina likes this.
  17. Kat73

Kat73 DIS Veteran

I used command hooks at AoA in 2013 and had no issue, going to try to use them again at pop this year because suction cups and I are not friends LOL.

suorkaterina likes this.
  18. HappyGal

HappyGal DIS Veteran

Suction cups with hooks work great on the windows!

suorkaterina likes this.
  19. GoonieBride

GoonieBride Mouseketeer

This is how Mickey decorated DS window for his 4th birthday a few years back at POP. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

20. Cricket5

Cricket5 Cricket5

We used suction cup hooks to hold up the lights around both of our windows. They work great!

liholi and suorkaterina like this.
  21. ArielSRL

ArielSRL DIS Veteran

I used suction cups on the windows at POR several years ago....

liholi and suorkaterina like this.