Photopass going to $169

wdwmaw

planin' next trip
Just saw on FACEBOOK that photopass is going to $169. Really, is all I have to say

Anyone have the link to the prepurchase spot? I think I'll get one ordered for our trip later this year.........

We don't go until June, does anyone know if it is to early to pre-order. I usually do it about a week or two before we go. Also, I wonder what the new preorder price will be.

Thanks for the update! I really hope they keep the pre-order price the same, but that might be wishful thinking. I really like PhotoPass because it's one of the best ways to get pictures of our entire family on vacation. And I thought that the $149 was a little bit of a stretch already price-wise! Ugh!!!

I just saw this on FB too. I can't believe that they are raising the price. That's crazy. I always do the preorder at $99. I hope that they still offer a preorder discount. Otherwise, I won't be doing photopass anymore. :sad2:

I can't believe it. I can't believe the business minds at Disney don't realize this is going to cost them money. If they dropped the price on this and on pictures at rides, they'd sell so much more and make more money in volume.

People may not be willing to pay $15 for a ride photo, but drop it to $9.99 and I bet you the number of people who buy it doubles.

I pre-ordered mine for our August trip. We like the photopass. So easy to let someone else take pictures, the magic shots are cute and I hate handing off my expensive camera to a stranger who may or many not figure out how to work it!

How funny, I just pre-orderd mine for the August over the weekend. I can't believe they're jacking up the price like that. I won't pay over $99 for it. It's easy to sell the hubby on $100, but $170....I don't think so!

Is the $99 CD going up or the $149 package? Either way, I should order it for my October trip! :eek:

Please don't flame me for this, but I can see why they have to raise the price. They are paying photographers at charater meet n greets and all over the park so I have always kind of wondered how they could afford to do it at that price. I know part of it is in the park admission price but overall I think it is a good value even at $179, however, I usually preorder mine for $99.

Thanks for the heads-up. I had it on my to-do list to do the preorder this month, but I went ahead and just ordered it. It's possible that the pre-order amount may not increase, but I wouldn't be surprised if it went up at least $10, considering the undiscounted price went up $20.

Please don't flame me for this, but I can see why they have to raise the price. They are paying photographers at charater meet n greets and all over the park so I have always kind of wondered how they could afford to do it at that price. I know part of it is in the park admission price but overall I think it is a good value even at $179, however, I usually preorder mine for $99.

I would have to agree with you and also add that I am not surprised because they need to recoup the lost money from somewhere. What I mean by lost money is the amount of ride pictures sold has probably dropped drastically since almost everyone has a camera of some kind in their pocket. They can just snap a picture of the screen when they come out of the ride and keep moving right along without dropping a penny. Not a surprise at all.

Now...I am off to order my $99 pre-pay before that one jumps up too. ;)

So if you order in advance. Where to do you get the photos' printed/?? ALso, has anybody ordered the book as well and if so what are your thoughts?

I would have to agree with you and also add that I am not surprised because they need to recoup the lost money from somewhere. What I mean by lost money is the amount of ride pictures sold has probably dropped drastically since almost everyone has a camera of some kind in their pocket. They can just snap a picture of the screen when they come out of the ride and keep moving right along without dropping a penny. Not a surprise at all.

Now...I am off to order my $99 pre-pay before that one jumps up too. ;)

Pictures off of ride-photo monitors are universally horrible. And they've added watermarks to them in recent months to many of them so if someone values one of those pics anymore, they can have at 'em.

I've never done Photopass but have seriously considered it for our upcoming trip. I noticed a few weeks ago that it's really, really rare for all of us to be in the photo.
Regarding ride photos, do these get put on your Photopass CD or are those a separate purchase?
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter