Photo of Olszewski WDW Layout at D23 Expo

mikelan6

World Traveler, Usually Optimistic
Here's a photo of the Olszewski WDW Main Street Miniatures platform as was displayed at the D23 Expo. Notice that it includes some pieces like the Train Station that have yet to be released.

WDWPlatform.jpg

That is simply magnificent. I'm blown away.

Couple of questions:
If one were to guess at the approximate retail value, what would you think?
How many hours of labor went into that?
What is the size of the scaled down Main Street, USA?.
What scale does he use...I'd love a reason to bring the train out of the attic....

It is amazing, isn't it? I personally have the pieces in a mirror backed acrylic display piece as I don't have the room for the layout as was presented at the expo.

Couple of questions:
If one were to guess at the approximate retail value, what would you think?
Just so you have an idea ...
Cinderella Castle is $250.00
Exposition Hall/Tony's is $235.00
Main Street Cinema and Emporium are $245.00 each
Confectionary/Chapeau is $190.00
Central Plaza is $140.00
City Hall is $220.00
Town Square is $135.00
Main Street Station is supposed to be $345.00

FYI, someone is selling their complete Disneyland layout for $4000.00 on craigslist.

How many hours of labor went into that?
I can't even imagine, but as they had the experience from the Disneyland layout, I'm sure they have it down to a science by now. I know they have to remove each piece from it's base so that they can tie up all the electrical wires to one circuit.

What is the size of the scaled down Main Street, USA?.
The Disneyland version is 30" X 72" ... WDW is similar. From what I understand, the buildings are made in "Z" scale, but the train will ne "N" scale.

What scale does he use...I'd love a reason to bring the train out of the attic....
Most people have "HO" scale trains. The large LGB scale trains are "G" scale.

That's just beautiful!

DH has some trains up in the attic as well- and this might be the only layout I would agree to have around. But N scale is tiny- ours are HO and G. The train for the Christmas tree is G scale.

It would be nice to have a few pieces though. Can you get just the Partner Statue?

That is amazing isn't it! I enquired a few days ago over on the UK board if anyone had ordered the castle from mail order and how it survived shipping but no replies as of yet. Disney want just over 80 dollars to send it to me but I'd hate to get it out of the box and find one of the castle spears broken :scared1:.

Ooh and I love the Main Street Electric Parade from the Disneyland collection! That's lovely, I'd want that as well :goodvibes!

Wouldn't that be a dream come true to have that whole set and a room big enough to display it all set up.

Wouldn't that be a dream come true to have that whole set and a room big enough to display it all set up.

Can you believe that for Disneyland they are also planning a Fantasyland platform?!?!?!

I need to make sure my DH NEVER sees this setup!! We bought the castle on our wedding/honeymoon trip last year and love it :lovestruc, but we do NOT have room for the full layout!! We'd have to buy a much bigger house! I can just see us telling our son in 18 years - well, we'd like to send you to college, but we bought a mini Main St instead :rotfl:

30" x 72" isn't that large. It would fit nicely on my desk. I don't think my boss would feel that that way though.

I think this gets chalked up to the list of: once I win the lotto, Grandpa kicks it, or I quadruple my salary....

I did a search on these platforms and found this topic. Wondering if any collector out there ever got one of these for WDW?
I'm collecting a few of the pieces and came across this. If I were able to get my hands on a platform, I'll be on a mission to complete the set :)

I did a search on these platforms and found this topic. Wondering if any collector out there ever got one of these for WDW?
I'm collecting a few of the pieces and came across this. If I were able to get my hands on a platform, I'll be on a mission to complete the set :)

I'm right there with you. Had been on the platform wait list for years. I finally reached out to Robert and he admitted that while there are people interested in more platforms to be produced, there just aren't enough of us. The manufacturer has a minimum order amount, and we just aren't enough to justify manufacturing. Once I purchase the remaining six pieces to complete my collection, I will be creating my own platform.

I'm right there with you. Had been on the platform wait list for years. I finally reached out to Robert and he admitted that while there are people interested in more platforms to be produced, there just aren't enough of us. The manufacturer has a minimum order amount, and we just aren't enough to justify manufacturing. Once I purchase the remaining six pieces to complete my collection, I will be creating my own platform.

I was considering the same thing. In the meantime, I'm going to try and complete the collection little by little. Seems like there are some things I may not be able to get. Let me know how you make out on your own platform. I love the video of the customized one with the motorized parade. Very well done.

I am saddened that Mr Olszweski has not created any more Disney architectural miniatures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter