Phone interview...

luvmydoodle

Earning My Ears
Hi! My son just finished his phone interview. What is next? How long will it take for his dashboard to be updated? Any idea of when the next wave of acceptances will be? He auditioned for a character performer role, how long do they take to inform applicants if they are accepted or not?

Thanks...obviously stressing a little here :-)

It is SO stressful! When my DD auditioned last year, those who made it through the entire audition were given a paper with the timeframe to expect to hear an answer. She was offered another role in the mean time, accepted it and then later received an email telling her no on character.

I think most people will get a DCP answer by mid-November. You really don't have that long to wait- some have waited since August! There is no rhyme or reason. Large acceptance waves usually happen once a week with a few acceptances here and there in between.
Our personal experience has been waiting two weeks once and three weeks twice for acceptances.They interviewed way before acceptances even started, though. Good luck to your son!!

Hi! My son just finished his phone interview. What is next? How long will it take for his dashboard to be updated? Any idea of when the next wave of acceptances will be? He auditioned for a character performer role, how long do they take to inform applicants if they are accepted or not?

Thanks...obviously stressing a little here :-)

It can be so stressful, checking e-mails and the dashboard religiously to see if there is any news. When I got my acceptance, it was a week after my phone interview. The second time, it was a month later! Like dizagain said, no rhyme or reason. Good luck to your son!

Dd applied on Jan 12, had her phone interview a week later. She got her acceptance email on Feb 22, auditioned in mid-March, got her non-acceptance email from them a week later.

When our DD applied she had her phone interview within days of applying. Then she waited almost a month for her acceptance. Her best friend (also applying for a character role) applied 2 weeks before her and got her acceptance over a week after her(she didn't get the character role). So as you see it is so random. Although they were applying for different roles. So my DD waited a month and her friend waited about 6 weeks for their acceptances. My DD did apply near the end of the application process.

We know your stress. Praying!

Thanks for all the replies! My son's story goes like this...He applied for the first time on August 20 and was immediately placed in submission. In the middle of September, he received an email about character performer auditions. He attended the Sept. 30 audition in NYC. He made it through to the end and was asked to stay for face character consideration. Then he waited, still in submission, until all auditions were finished last Monday 10/10. Last Thursday, 10/13, he received the WBI invitation. He took it that evening and passed. He scheduled his interview for this past Monday, 10/17...and TODAY 10/19, he was ACCEPTED as a character performer for Spring 2017!!

Congratulations! It is so much fun. My DD wants to do it again. We loved going to see her - we went 4 times while she was there.

Oh I wish we could go that often! He's only doing Spring, unless he extends for summer (which I hope he does)...I honestly think drop off and pick up will be it for us.

Oh I wish we could go that often! He's only doing Spring, unless he extends for summer (which I hope he does)...I honestly think drop off and pick up will be it for us.

Yes our DD was extended until the end of July. We didn't want her to be there for Easter without us. We put a lot of miles on our car. :drive:

We loved all of her pixie dust stories. Our DD worked in tomorrowland doing merchandising. She absolutely loved it. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts