PHL airport/hotel

chrisd596

DIS Veteran
Anyone ever use priceline.com to stay in a hotel near the airport.... how did you make out!

thanks

Did you look at biddingfortravel.com? It's a terrific resource.

GOING TO DISNEY 1 WEEK OF JUNE AND FLYING OUT OF PHL. VERY EARLY FLIGHT SO I DECIDED TO STAY OVERNIGHT THE NIGHT BEFORE. USED PRICELINE ON A 3STAR HOTEL. MADE BID OF $60 AND GOT THE EMBASSY SUITES. WOW.. THEY HAVE 24 HR SHUTTLE, FREE BREAKFAST AND FREE ENCLOSED PARKING FOR MY CAR WHILE I AM IN DISNEY.. GOOD DEAL. SHUTTLE FROM HOME TO THE AIRPORT WAS 60 BUCKS AND PARKING AT THE AIRPORT CAN BE ABOUT $25 A DAY..

Is someone dropping you off at the airport or can you leave your car at the hotel?

thanks

NO, YOU JUST DRIVE TO THE HOTEL, PARK YOUR CAR IN THE HOTEL LOT, AND CHECK-IN.YOU CAN THEN LEAVE YOUR CAR IN THE HOTELS PARKING LOT FOR HOWEVER LONG YOU ARE AWAY (NO CHARGE). THE HOTEL HAS A 24 HOUR SHUTTLE THAT TAKES YOU RIGHT TO THE AIRPORT. I THINK THE HOTEL'S LOT IS AN ENCLOSED/GATED FACILITY. IF YOU USE PRICELINE GOOD LUCK IN GETTING THE EMBASSY SUITES.. REGULAR RATES GO FOR $160.00 A NITE..

So let's say you going to WDW for 2 weeks.......they hotel will let you park there for the 14 days?????

Any one else have knowledge of this????

thanks
chris

I AM FAIRLY SURE THAT YOU CAN PARK YOU CAR AT THE HOTELS LOT FOR HOWEVER LONG YOUR STAY IS. I DONT BELIEVE THERE IS A TIME RESTRICTION. I PARKED THERE FOR MY HONEYMOON BACK IN "94 FOR 8 DAYS (FREE OF CHARGE) AND DONT REMEMBER ANY RESTRICTIONS. THE EMBASSY SUITES NUMBER IS 215/365-4500

We've used this service before at the ES near the PHL airport. Most hotels in the area offer free parking for the length of your trip. However, be sure to read the details on any hotel, as it seemed a rare few did not...i.e. the Marriott.

when you are on priceline.....can you request a hotel with shuttle service???

NO -- MY ONLY SUGGESTION IS TO REQUEST A 3STAR HOTEL WITH PRICELINE ( TOP OF THE LINE). THE MAJORITY OF THE 3STAR HOTELS OFFER THIS FREE SHUTTLE. SOME OF THE 2 STARS LIKE HOLIDAY INN AT PHL ALSO HAVE THE SHUTTLE, BUT I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THE FREE PARKING ON THE 2 STARS

DO NOT USE priceline for a park and fly hotel. Nearly all hotels require you to book at a 'park & fly' rate. The Embassy is the rare exception that does not. Philadelphia has a high percentage of airport area hotels that DO NOT offer park & fly at all. Don't get burned!

Philadelphia has a high percentage of airport area hotels that DO NOT offer park & fly at all.

Smart Cookie,

I was unaware that it is a high percentage. I know when I looked into this option last year, the Marriott hotel chain seemed not to offer this service, but others did. Is Park & fly being phased out? Which hotels still offer it? Might be flying out of PHL in fall and had considered park and fly an option.

TIA!

The point is some hotels require you book at a park and ride rate, in other words a PL stay may not qualify for free parking after you check out.

We stayed at the Hilton down at PHL and left our car for two weeks, the rate was around $125 for the night--but still cheaper than two weeks parking. We called the hotel direct to book and got a AAA rate.

Anne

I'm really confused here. We've done park and fly from hotels at PHL and do not recall ever having to book at a park and fly rate, just regular, AAA, or promotional. It was always included as part of the hotels' amenities. Since we are about an hour away from PHL airport, we fly out of there often and have always relied on finding a hotel room as an option to driving the same day as departure and paying for parking. Not that we've always used it...sometimes we'd make the hotel reservation and later cancel.

I'm not trying to be contentious. Just trying to understand if the arrangements around the Philly airport have changed substantially and to plan for it accordingly.;)

I just tried priceline to book an airport hotel. I bid $50.00 for a a I think 3 star plus hotel and got embassy suites. When I called, they said shuttles and parking for the length of your vacation were complimentary.

Here is a list of some that definately do NOT have Park & Fly:

Marriott - ** WE DO NOT OFFER A PARK AND FLY! **
Courtyard - (**Please note: We do not offer a park and fly.**)

Here are some that DO have Park & Fly (& bookable online too.)
http://www.park-and-fly-hotels.com/

There are surely more in each category, but it may be necessary to call the hotel direct & verify their policies.

thanks for the info, smartcookie. It's the same as what I saw last year. The Marriott brand did not provide complementary park and fly then either. Seems like the majority of the hotels still provide it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter