Peru – Adult only 20 – 29 Sept 2016 Trip report

I haven't been on the Peru ABD, but I've taken 9 ABDs as a solo, and I have to say, if you want to feel safe, going on an ABD is the way to go. As acndis said, I've always been embraced by the others on my ABDs (and multiple times, have not been the only solo on the trip!) Every group I've gone with, either a portion or all of the group have bonded, and it's been like traveling with family. I really think that's one of the things ABD excels at -- fostering that sense of family in the group. Oh, and in case you haven't seen my photos, I'm a white haired (but not old) woman. I say go for it!

Sayhello

In Cusco there wasn't a single moment when my wife and I were out walking around at night that we didn't feel 100% safe. In Lima I don't think I would go out after dark for a walk but that is a big modern city with all the big modern city issues. We did still feel safe in Lima but we took the hotel offered car service from place to place. All of this being said unless you just want to go out on your own we traveled almost everywhere we went with someone from our group so were seldom alone. But to directly answer your questions, yes, if you're always being situational aware of your surrounds I would gladly send my own mother on this ABD trip all on her own and wouldn't feel the least bit concerned over her safety.

My dad (73) went with his friend (68) and they had no trouble at all and LOVED the trip. They opted out of some of the hikes (and went to the spa--not bad!). ABD always has single travelers and I think you would feel more than comfortable. The others on the trip tend to embrace people on their own and invite them to dinner, etc. It's a great way to travel. If you have more specific questions, don't hesitate to ask. We felt incredibly safe everywhere and walked all around Lima on our own with our son. It's a very safe, friendly country from my perspective.

I haven't been on the Peru ABD, but I've taken 9 ABDs as a solo, and I have to say, if you want to feel safe, going on an ABD is the way to go. As acndis said, I've always been embraced by the others on my ABDs (and multiple times, have not been the only solo on the trip!) Every group I've gone with, either a portion or all of the group have bonded, and it's been like traveling with family. I really think that's one of the things ABD excels at -- fostering that sense of family in the group. Oh, and in case you haven't seen my photos, I'm a white haired (but not old) woman. I say go for it!

Sayhello

Thank you all for taking the time to reply so assuringly. I do enjoy traveling solo (WDW every year and have also gone to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris solo) but this seemed a bit different.

Blow me over with a feather, I mentioned it to my husband today and he said he wouldn't rule it out :faint:

So, thank you RebelHawk, I/we may have a trip to Peru in the future.

Now to go back and read your TR more thoroughly. :thumbsup2

Can't believe I didn't add this to your TR of our trip before.

Just gonna leave this here...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter