Perhaps I figured out the "postcard" scenario??

** Disney Lover **

Earning My Ears
We got our FIRST postcard in the mail. The one that has the little girl on the front dressed like Cinderalla offering the mod's for $94 per night.

I was ecstatic!! But I figured it out (I think ...) it has to do with being members of the "Disney Club" as it's in my dad's name and it came in his name addressed to my home!

The great mystery solved!!! :)

We are members of the Disney Club and I did get postcard in 2000 for Spetember when we already had a November trip planned.

I've been a MKC and DC and never gotten a post card.
We did get a post card - that wanted us to rate the ALl Star Music, but not a discount post card. :(

If it were only that simple!:) We have been members of the DC/MKC for years, and have never received a postcard.

Then again, I don't receive the Mickey Monitor (unless I call), and come to think of it I didn't receive my original reservation confirmation. Maybe I had just better have a talk with the mailman!!!:mad:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Well I got the Mod postcard for the $84 a night rate two weeks ago. I do not belong to any clubs and I have not done any polls.
The only thing I have ever done is gotten the Video and two years
ago we stayed at the ASMovies, so I'm wondering if they were trying to lure us back with a Mod special? Well it worked we are going in June and staying at PO-R(Wewre going anyway but we were going to stay off site)

Actually, we got several postcards before we joined the Disney Club, but we haven't gotten any in the two years since we joined.

This reminds me of the old "You got the right one, baby" Pepsi promo. I received a note with an 800 number, to take a phone survey and see if I'd win free Pepsi. I took it. With each correct answer the choir went "a-ha!", until they asked how many Pepsis my family drank a week. I must have chosen a high number, because I heard "aa - a" and denied me the free soda.

Moral of the story? If they got your address down and can confirm that you are a regular at the resorts, you may not get a promo postcard. If you have not stayed onsite in a while, your chances may increase.

Wanda

I just received that postcard yesterday and they used my middle initial and my DC membership does not, so I am thinking it must have come some other way. I also already have ressies at deluxes in June, so can't imagine that there's any great analytical system generating mine.

I think they probably pull names from 'everywhere'. Our name/info. for the postcard we received last month was pulled from our disney club/ disney.go account though.

I got 2 postcards in the last 6 months and we do not belong to anything Disney, we did stay at ASM 3 years ago. BTW, we are able to use our postcard for our May trip ($84 a night):) :) :)

I just got a postcard yesterday for the deluxes...we were just at the GF in December. Unfortunately I cannot even think about another trip so soon, but last week I did book my first Disney Cruise for 2003. So I guess trying to lure those who have not taken a trip for awhile with a post card may not be the answer either...

Originally posted by ** Disney Lover **
We got our FIRST postcard in the mail. The one that has the little girl on the front dressed like Cinderalla offering the mod's for $94 per night.

I was ecstatic!! But I figured it out (I think ...) it has to do with being members of the "Disney Club" as it's in my dad's name and it came in his name addressed to my home!

The great mystery solved!!! :)

I am a Disney Club member and no post card here.

We just returned from a visit to an all star resort last month and received a postcard yesterday for the moderate resort rate.We belong to nothing Disney related.Both our resort reservation and the postcard were in my name. What does it mean? We can't go again this soon but I was trilled to get choosen anyway!

Jordan's mom

We stayed at ASMu for four nights back in 1999. We have since gotten at least 10 postcards. We are not in the Disney Club. This latest one came yesterday, it has a girl with a Minnie hat about to hug Mickey, and it offers $84/night at the moderates. Who on earth can figure out their postcard strategy.

We received a post card offer a while back that we are using at CR and YC...The post card stated it was for AKL or WL however, we were told by CRO that it could be used at any deluxe resort. As far as why we received it, I'm not sure...but do know that my neighbor also received the same offer. It would seem that zip code must play a factor, at least for this offer anyhow.

I just received my third postcard this year. (2 for Disney 1 for Vero Beach) The only thing I subscribe to is the Disney magazine. Most years I get 1 postcard. I have never used the postcard rate. Always at a time I'm not going. Same thing for this trip. I am going April 12th and my postcard starts April 21st.

I received a postcard back in November or December for $169 a night at AKL and WL, 2/14 - 4/20/02. We stayed at the WL in December 2000 for 5 nights, so my guess would be this is the reason we received the postcard. I just joined the DC, so I don't think that had anything to do with it.

RobinLyn :)

I've been to DW 25 times in 25 years and received my
first post card on Sat. BUT - in Sunday's SunTimes
there was a magazine section on Orlando with the same
prices offered on the post card. So who knows!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter