Penny Machines

Clifton Tesh

DIS Veteran
I love cheap souvenirs and I love defacing federal currency. Well, not really, but I really do love crushing pennies and imprinting pictures on them.

I've seen one picture of the penny crushing machines at Disney. It's the one at AoA with Simba, Ariel, and Mater.

Does any one have a list and/or pictures of the rest of the machines in the parks and resorts?

I would love to try and hit them all up during my stay in April.

I've been working on my penny collection since my first trip in 2010. It's great. I have I think 7 books (just bought 2 my trip last month). They aren't all full, but I have at least one book for each park and one misc for resorts and DS/DTD.

Some machine have pennies with the year so I have a few of those from2014 and 2015.

Some pennies have changed from the last time I printed maps (like, there are Frozen ones that weren't on my 2013 maps when I went in 2014 and2015). Can't remember the site, but it was a map of the park with the penny machines pointed out with arrows for where located and pennies available.

I've been working on my penny collection since my first trip in 2010. It's great. I have I think 7 books (just bought 2 my trip last month). They aren't all full, but I have at least one book for each park and one misc for resorts and DS/DTD.

Some machine have pennies with the year so I have a few of those from2014 and 2015.

Some pennies have changed from the last time I printed maps (like, there are Frozen ones that weren't on my 2013 maps when I went in 2014 and2015). Can't remember the site, but it was a map of the park with the penny machines pointed out with arrows for where located and pennies available.

Are these books ones you made our do they sell them at Disney?

This is the one they're selling for the 60th Anniversary. As mentioned, it's available at most shops, especially those with pressed coin machines.
P1000490_zpsmmbe4dnr.jpg

Additionally, Disneyland released a pressed coin machine guide for the 60th Anniversary. It lists the locations and designs throughout the resorts. It's available (usually) at Guest Services and at random location throughout the parks. I got mine at Guest Services in DCA. You can also download a copy:
https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...ines/pressed-coin-machines-location-guide.pdf

Looks like I'm not the only person who enjoys defacing federal currency!

Thanks for the picture:)

I love defacing currency too! It's even better when you launder it first lol. (I cleaned up my pennies for my next trip with lemon juice yesterday). Anyways, here's pictures of my oh-so-close to full book:

IMG_0420_zpsjvetksub.jpg

This is from 2011 I think? Whatever year was using that slogan.

IMG_0421_zpsb28fyrf8.jpg

IMG_0422_zpsk5l51xvi.jpg

Fits 54 pennies and 9 quarters. I don't know if mine was irregular, but one of the line of pockets on the folds was a tiny bit smaller than the rest, so squeezing the pennies into those slots was extra difficult and there is no possible way I could ever get them out without cutting the plastic off.

I love cheap souvenirs and I love defacing federal currency. Well, not really, but I really do love crushing pennies and imprinting pictures on them.

I've seen one picture of the penny crushing machines at Disney. It's the one at AoA with Simba, Ariel, and Mater.

Does any one have a list and/or pictures of the rest of the machines in the parks and resorts?

I would love to try and hit them all up during my stay in April.

I tried to hit them all. They have splash mountain characters,haunted mansion characters,cars,Mickey,frozen, and SO MANY MORE!

Are there any photos of the current
This is the one they're selling for the 60th Anniversary. As mentioned, it's available at most shops, especially those with pressed coin machines.
P1000490_zpsmmbe4dnr.jpg

Additionally, Disneyland released a pressed coin machine guide for the 60th Anniversary. It lists the locations and designs throughout the resorts. It's available (usually) at Guest Services and at random location throughout the parks. I got mine at Guest Services in DCA. You can also download a copy:
https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...ines/pressed-coin-machines-location-guide.pdf

Are there any photos of the 2017 books? And is the location guide accurate for this year?

I may or may not have spent a weekend last month polishing several dozen pre-1982 pennies for my planned visit later this year.

Are there any photos of the 2017 books?
This is the book that was available in mid-December at Disneyland Resort. Disney World also got a new book, with a similar design idea, but featuring WDW locations.
20170107_161822SM_zpsxptcahrc.jpg

And is the location guide accurate for this year?
Yes and no...the locations in the guide are still (for the most part) correct, but the descriptions of the designs are incorrect. They've removed the 60th machines, so now it's the regular/old designs. Some of the machines recommend visiting "ctmgroupinc.com/disney" but I think that only has a listing of the WDW machines (I couldn't find DLR listings), but they also maintain pennycollector.com, so the info is on that site.

This is another source of information:
http://www.parkpennies.com/

This is the book that was available in mid-December at Disneyland Resort. Disney World also got a new book, with a similar design idea, but featuring WDW locations.
20170107_161822SM_zpsxptcahrc.jpg

Yes and no...the locations in the guide are still (for the most part) correct, but the descriptions of the designs are incorrect. They've removed the 60th machines, so now it's the regular/old designs. Some of the machines recommend visiting "ctmgroupinc.com/disney" but I think that only has a listing of the WDW machines (I couldn't find DLR listings), but they also maintain pennycollector.com, so the info is on that site.

This is another source of information:
http://www.parkpennies.com/

Thanks! That was the one I saw for sale online and I like it quite a bit. We are going to WDW and it looks like there is a version of it for there. So the list of the WDW machines will be what we need.

We are also a family of avid pressed coin collectors. We have a few from our first trips to Disneyland and Disney World. We're headed to both parks again this summer, and I cannot WAIT to press more coins to remember our trip.

Thanks! That was the one I saw for sale online and I like it quite a bit. We are going to WDW and it looks like there is a version of it for there. So the list of the WDW machines will be what we need.

The pressed coin books are so cute, but I gave up on them a few years ago. I'd get new pennies and want to rearrange the order of them in the books, but the fit was either too tight it was difficult to get the pennies out of the pockets, or they were too loose and would fall out.

I now keep my pressed pennies in clear jars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter