• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pearl Harbor USS Arizona - 3 hours enough?

mousefan73

Germans are faster at dubbing
We will be in Honolulu for three days and have gotten tickets for the USS Arizona. My question is simple: is three hours enough time to do that, walk around a bit and see a few other things nearby from my understanding Pearl Harbor is rather large and there’s many different types of museums and things to see. Everywhere I read it says give yourself at least one full day. Please don’t take this the wrong way, but I don’t wanna invest one day there.

I understand and respect how many people are very much interested in the military naval side of things, and that type of history. We want to go there due to the historical significance of that site and pay our respects at the memorial but we aren’t gung ho military or navaltypes. I get andnrespect those, especially those who served or are in the Navy could probably spend even more than one day there.

The issue is, my mother is elderly, gets tired very fast and we have our afternoon planned for other things we were watching YouTube videos and from my understanding when you enter, you can see a movie on the history of the place walk around a bit and then just take the boat over to the memorial. That would be all that we would need. I’m just getting worried because everywhere I read it says you need to invest the entire day and “ a few hours isn’t enough time”. . Is that because the distances are so far? Or do they offer so much for people to spend the whole day which I assume they do but like I said, we are not interested.

So we’re just looking for a quick in and out would three hours be enough time with the USS arizona?

Last edited:
I agree that 3 hours will be fine for the visitor center and the USS Arizona memorial. I would guess people recommending all day are also doing the submarine park, the USS Missouri, and/or the Ford Island tour.

I agree that 3 hours will be fine for the visitor center and the USS Arizona memorial. I would guess people recommending all day are also doing the submarine park, the USS Missouri, and/or the Ford Island tour.
That’s what I thought because I’ve been googling all day and everywhere it’s states you NEED to plan all day. USS Missouri might also interest us. We need to see how we’re doing with time. Some of the visitor center exhibits interest us so we need to focus more on that. But my mom has mobility issues with ships and. submarines. Seen them from the outside will be enough.

That’s what I thought because I’ve been googling all day and everywhere it’s states you NEED to plan all day. USS Missouri might also interest us. We need to see how we’re doing with time. Some of the visitor center exhibits interest us so we need to focus more on that. But my mom has mobility issues with ships and. submarines. Seen them from the outside will be enough.
If your mom has mobility issues then you might not want to spend the time waiting for the bus to Ford island to get closer to it, as the Missouri is very large and has lots of steps & uneven surfaces. The busses don’t run that frequently as I recall. Your limited time might be better spent viewing it from across the harbor from where you enter the park, as well as while on the boat ride to the Memorial.

I’d also suggest checking out the model of the Memorial over the Arizona which is towards the end of the Attack exhibit gallery. We found it helpful when we got out to the memorial itself.

We walked around the grounds, toured the visitor center, saw the movie, and then went over to the memorial in a few hours. Be sure to see the movie before going to the memorial, somehow, when we went in June 2023, we got in the boat line before seeing the film and we had tickets to ride over to the memorial.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter