PCC 4.0 Excursions

Nancy - due to your observation and some recent experience - Grand Cayman is our shopping port. Lots of Christmas shopping for unusual gifts that cannot be purchased back home.

As for the other ports, we'll see how the weather cooperates and probably wing it once we get into port. Lots of easy and less expensive port tour options once on land!

Now you guys have me rethinking Cozumel and GC! As much as I'd really like to see the Tulum Ruins, I am not so excited about traveling 2 hours each way to get there. I know the San Gervasio Ruins are less spectacular, but much more accessible. Paired with that is either the Cozumel Highlights or the Discover Mexico Cultural Park. I'm leaning towards the former, but need to read more Trip Advisor reviews about the latter! I had considered the Seaworld Explorer Semi Submarine in Grand Cayman, but will probably wait to book something (if anything) there.

I still want to go to the Chacchoben Ruins in Costa Maya, as I'd go crazy sitting on a beach!

Do you think there will be time to do the ruins in Costa Maya? It says the tour is 4-4 1/2 hours and we are only in port for 4 1/2 hours.

Do you think there will be time to do the ruins in Costa Maya? It says the tour is 4-4 1/2 hours and we are only in port for 4 1/2 hours.
Disney wouldn't offer the tour if there wasn't time. But I guess I'd be concerned that they may shorten the amount of time at the ruins in order to be sure to make it back to the ship.

DH and I signed up for Discover Native Cayman and the Saltwater Forest in Grand Cayman.

It just sounded different from a lot of the excursions. Whether that's good or bad remains to be seen. :lmao:

We are thinking about doing this one too. We are also considering the Cozumel Highlights and Mayan Ruins tour.

The port times on DCL's site give the all aboard time, and the departure time is usually 30 minutes later. As Jeff said - if they offer the excursion, there will be enough time.

Disney wouldn't offer the tour if there wasn't time. But I guess I'd be concerned that they may shorten the amount of time at the ruins in order to be sure to make it back to the ship.

I read that David and Ivan's Native Choice Costa Maya tour shortens it to fit Fantasy's schedule by doing more educational lecture on the bus instead of at the ruins site. Meaning, less time at the ruins site.

I read that David and Ivan's Native Choice Costa Maya tour shortens it to fit Fantasy's schedule by doing more educational lecture on the bus instead of at the ruins site. Meaning, less time at the ruins site.

I toured with David and Ivan in 2005, and they were great. However, I was more comfortable booking the ship's adult tour to the ruins this time around.

We're doing the Grand Cayman Island Tour. It's a 2 hour tour. I hope to be able to at least see 7 mile beach after our tour. I would think that since the Rum Point tours are 5 hours, we'd have time after our 2 hour tour to take a cab to the beach (I hope!!).

parrotheadlois said:
We're doing the Grand Cayman Island Tour. It's a 2 hour tour. I hope to be able to at least see 7 mile beach after our tour. I would think that since the Rum Point tours are 5 hours, we'd have time after our 2 hour tour to take a cab to the beach (I hope!!).

We took that tour last Oct. There's plenty of time to do something after.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Disney Enabler said:
How much walking was involved in this tour?

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

Walking at the Turtle Farm, at Hell, and that's about it!! Lots of sightseeing on the van.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Has anyone ever booked the 2 tank scuba excursion? DD and I were thinking about that one and the Grand Caymen dive.

Has anyone ever booked the 2 tank scuba excursion? DD and I were thinking about that one and the Grand Caymen dive.

I'm no longer diving but I have done dives in these ports in the past. Grand Cayman is perhaps the easiest dive with great visibility and lots to see. Dives in Cozumel are very good also, being drift dives where the current carries you along.

We won't have much of a morning in Grand Cayman, as we are there from 11:30-5:15 (all aboard is at 4:45)! Grand Cayman is a tender port, and when a ship arrives in port that late in the morning - everyone wants off the ship at the same time.

Remember, for those who book an excursion through DCL, you are given priority on debarkation ... especially if you book an excursion with an early departure. :cool1:

The thing I like about DCL excurions - if your excursion is running late, DCL is responsible for making sure you get back to the ship - either by having ship wait, or providing transport to the ship.
Private tours you're just SOL.

Technically, DCL indicates Rum Point is 5 - 5.5 hours (11AM - 5:30PM), but I believe we are scheduled to be in port from 11:30AM - 4:45PM (conflicting times).

I am not sure how far away 7 Mile Beach is located from the port. If it's not a very short distance, you MIGHT want to consider asking if the tour can drop you off at 7MB upon termination (assuming they are in that vicinity).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter