PAYIN IT FORWARD PART ii - Jan 2009

I know Im over seas but if anyone is going in the next week or so would you consider sendin cards to my DS and DN & DN ??

We have done this before and would love to send cards again,we will be " Home " October 8th till 22nd.

Please let me bring a little Disney magic to your wee one's !!!

If someone would like to send my girls a card it would be awesome.we are going at the end of October and I'm sure they would like the invite from the princesses to come see them. Pm me please!

We participated in this a few years ago when my son was younger. He enjoyed getting his postcard so much! I enjoyed sending one almost as much since I knew the child receiving it would be so excited.

We are looking for one for our DS8 and DD3. If anyone (or 2 different people) would like to do this for my kids we'd appreciate it. We are going in mid Nov. PM me and I can give you the details. We'll be more than happy to send 2 as well.

Thanks! :goodvibes

Hi! I've been visiting this site for a while looking up valuable info but this is actually my 1st post because I find this thread special and meaningful. My guy and I will be heading to Disney World for our 2nd visit on Dec 1 and would absolutely love to do something special around Christmas time and send postcards to a few kids to make their day =). :santa:

I can send about 3 postcards so please feel free to let me know if you want me to send one to your child. =)

However........i need some help here.......this will be my 1st time doing this and would like to know will I be able to get stamps and mail it in one of the theme parks? I'm not staying on site so I don't think I can send it off from one of the Disney resorts......=/

Oh one more thing....please let me know before I leave for my trip as I probably won't be using the internet =)

I think this thread is a wonderful idea. Unfortunately, I just found it so I will have to wait until my next visit to send cards.

My question for cutie_dinokun, or anyone who has done this, Did you find out about purchasing postage and mailing from the parks? I believe that you can from an information desk, but it would be nice to know for sure. :confused3

Hi! I've been visiting this site for a while looking up valuable info but this is actually my 1st post because I find this thread special and meaningful. My guy and I will be heading to Disney World for our 2nd visit on Dec 1 and would absolutely love to do something special around Christmas time and send postcards to a few kids to make their day =). :santa:

I can send about 3 postcards so please feel free to let me know if you want me to send one to your child. =)

However........i need some help here.......this will be my 1st time doing this and would like to know will I be able to get stamps and mail it in one of the theme parks? I'm not staying on site so I don't think I can send it off from one of the Disney resorts......=/

Oh one more thing....please let me know before I leave for my trip as I probably won't be using the internet =)

When I've done this in the past, I purchased postcard stamps at the Post Office before my trip.
I made up a list of the people (with their addresses) who requested postcards along with their favorite characters. Some people requested that I say something special like "I'm looking forward to helping you celebrate your birthday at WDW this year. Love, Mickey"
Once we got to WDW I purchased postcards then addressed & stamped them.
We were staying on-site, so I just asked the front desk to mail them.
I don't know if there was a special postmark - but I'm pretty sure you could mail them anywhere in FL and most people (kids) wouldn't even notice!

Now, if there is anyone interested in sending a postcard to my grandson (age 8) or granddaughter (age 5) within the next month or so, I would be very grateful.
We'll be spending Aug 2 - 12 at WDW this year.
I'd be happy to do the same while we're there. Please feel free to respond to this thread or PM me.
Gretchen

For people interested in this, there is a better list on the Families board. Look for "Fairy Godmailers."

Have been searching for the pay it forward board. Finally found this. Heading over to the Families Board now and Fairy Godmailers. ALways loved being able to send out postcards while at WDW.

Hi all!

I have a request for anyone who is interested in participating. I was contacted by a friend of mine last week that a friend of hers who was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago is going through a rough patch, and that her birthday is this Friday. She started an online "birthday party" on Facebook requesting her friends and her friends' friends, etc. to send this girl a birthday card for her 26th birthday. At the moment, there are 10,000 people worldwide invited to the event!!!!

Like all of us on here, this girl is a Disney fanatic, and I thought that we could get some postcards signed and sent to her from various characters. I know that her favorite character is Cinderella.

If anyone is interested, PLEASE PM me, and I'll send you the details. Keep in mind, though, that I'll be leaving this Friday to head down, so I won't be able to respond to PMs after Thursday!!!!

Until next time,
John

Time to revive this awesome thread!!

I'll be visiting WDW in August and would love to send a few postcards! PM me if you'd like me to send one for you :)

Hi all!!!

I'm looking for someone who would be willing to do some postcard mailing for me. We will be taking SEVERAL newbies down when we go to the World in February, and thought it would be neat for them to receive a postcard from a character!

If you are willing to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it; as I'm sure they would as well! PM me for the names and addresses!

Thanks in advance!

Until next time,
John

This speaks wonders about the folks here on the Dis boards
I started the original of this thread I think in 2007 and it is still going.

Makes me believe in pixie dust :goodvibes

Thanks everybody

Goofydad

This is an amazing thread, it needs to be kept alive.

I would be more than happy to send a couple of cards, but I have a question..... Are these just cards that are handwritten by the sender in the name of the character or are we suppose to have the actual character sign the card? Please let me know.

Would love to have a postcard sent to my kids before our trip in October! What an awesome idea, would love to return the favor when we are there as well.

I'm going in 16 days, and I absolutely love sending postcards.

In fact, my one travel tip that I haven't seen anywhere else is to buy blank mailing labels and then either print or write the addresses of people you plan to send postcards to on the labels and keep them in a baggie in your purse/backpack/ect. Then when you go to send the postcard you can just slap the label on it and it saves time. Throw some postcard stamps and a decent pen in the baggie an you are good to go.

At any rate, feel free to drop me a line if you want me to send a postcard to someone

We will be there in 2 weeks and I would be happy to send some postcards!! Just message me the info :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter