Part Four - Meg & Mom's Disneyland/Hollywood Adventure

Lollipop's Mom

<font color=teal>Special trip with your little one
Cast.. Me (mom), 32 yrs & Meg (mature 8.5 yrs). Both LOVE Disney and Hollywood.This was our dream trip!
Day 4/5 –Jan 10/11

So the cab ride was $6 from the hotel to the Disney Outlet Store. We saw lots of great deals in the store, but nothing seemed to be in Meg’s size. She got a cute lime green tank top that had a tweenie looking diva type character wearing mouse ears and said ‘Diva” on it. Original price was $22 and I paid 7.99 for it. She also got a cute princess ballcap. She has never been a ballcap kid, but this looked so cute on her, and I knew if it rained again it would keep her head dry a bit. Original price was $18 (I think) and I paid 6.99 for it. They had Cal Adv. magnets on sale – buy one for $3 and get 2 free. They had names on them. Hardly any of the popular names left, but we managed to find a ‘Morgan’ for a close friend of Meg’s and also a ‘Ron’ for my dad and another for a friend of mine. We also got my dad, who collects coins, a neat Disneyland coin about the size of a silver dollar for $1. I thought this was a pretty good deal. We then walked over to In & Out burger area. There is a Toys r’ us in that plaza and Meg had a $20 giftcard from Xmas that we brought with us. She bought a cabbage patch kid outfit (we can’t find these up here in Canada) and when we came out….guess what? POURING RAIN!! No wait… TEEMING RAIN!!!! I could have cried. So on went the ponchos and we ran over to In & Out Burger for lunch. It was good, but I can’t see what all the fuss is about. The fries were the best part! We had spotted a payless shoes beside toys r us and decided to go buy some rubber boots for Meg. Of course, this is So. Cal. – they don’t get heavy rain – so they don’t even sell boots!!!! Meg’s feet were already soaked, so I bought her a pair of sneakers that were made from a vinyl type fabric and some new socks (that was a quick $18), figuring they would at least keep her a bit drier.

We walked to a bus stop and caught bus route 43 right up to Disneyland. Did we ever feel like tourists! Sitting on this bus in our DL ponchos with our beltpacks on! Too funny! The locals were just staring and snickering – and I am sure I had the drowned rat hairdo happening at this point. We went into DL around 1pm and we were just wanting to go back to the hotel. It was downpouring so hard you could barely see in front of you. We were so wet and cold and felt so icky. Our feet hurt from the blisters and we were miserable. I stood on mainstreet and burst into tears. All the planning, hard work,etc… and this is what we end up with. I knew I should feel happy that we were even there, but I was so tired and sore and cold – I just wanted to climb into a nice warm bed…. BUT THE STUPID HOTEL SHUTTLE DOESN’T COME UNTIL 6PM!!!!! If we had been paying nightly at this hotel, and not gotten the $12 deal on hotwire – we would have been GONE!!!!!!! DON’T STAY THERE! Ok got that out of my system!!! I had this bag of stuff from the outlet and also Meg’s other shoes, so I put them in a locker on mainstreet. $5 for the day. We went on a few rides that were indoors like Peter Pan and Mr. Toad. We went up to the Snow White show for about 2pm, to catch the 230 show. I bought Meg a tub of popcorn and we just wanted to sit down somewhere dry for a while. The lower half of the seating was closed. They only opened the stands, and a CM told us the show might be cancelled due to the extreme weather. I couldn’t figure out why, as this had a big canopy over top. Well we soon found out…. I guess the wind was pushing the rain onto the stage area, mostly on the staircase. They had CM’s out there drying the stairs and part of the stage with towels. Official looking guys in suits were on their walkie talkies and discussing whether or not to run the show. Everyone wanted out of the rain and the show was pretty full. The park was so empty that day, I think at least 1/3 of the people attending DL were at that SW show! They announced the show was delayed at about 2:25pm. I was never so happy to hear of a delay – it meant we could sit somewhere dry for a bit longer! The show started at about 245pm and in the middle this huge downpour like nothing I have ever seen started. I have seen some bad storms…but this one took the cake. I was so happy we were not outside in it! Well the winds were shaking the canopies and people were on walkie talkies and frantically looking upwards. I looked up and it looked like it was kinda buckling in – like the rain was too heavy for the canopy. I could see some of the actors on the stage looking, and then looking off stage. They seemed quite worried. The show went on and the rain died down. I thought for sure we were going to be making a run for it and be one of the stories on the nightly news of an accident in DL!

After the show we caught the train. We saw that matterhorn was open, and we had not ridden it yet. The rain was now just a dull sprinkle. We were not overly wet and were feeling pretty good. We got in line and went to get into our Matterhorn car – there was about 4 inches of water in the bottom of it. Now….did I say “Hmmmm lets skip this….” Nope – stupid stupid stupid me hops in – and by the time the ride was done our pants were soaked as if we had gone on Grizzley River Run. Now we are wet and cold again – and yep…our feet are drenched. Stupid stupid stupid!!!!!!!! We walked around but everything seemed closed because of the rain.

We hopped the monorail at about 430pm and went to DTD. We went to the Jazz Kitchen for beignets and hot chocolate. They were ‘ok’, but not what I expected. They were yummy – but not as good as a krispy kreme. Meg loved them. Cost me about $11 for the beignets and hot chocolates. We sat there until about 530 and I realized.. “OMG I left our stuff in the locker on Main Street”. We had to walk fast (with blisters, and cold, and tired….we were feeling quite sorry for ourselves at this point) to the lockers –felt like a long walk – got the stuff from the lockers and raced to the shuttles just in time for 6pm for our hotel shuttle. We got on the shuttle, back to the hotel – of course elevator still broken – took the ½ mile walk to the room and got into our jammies. We splurged and ordered room service for dinner and then found out that the maid turned off the fridge again! Grrrrrrrrr. This time I called the front desk and they really didn’t care. I got the token ‘oh gee we are sorry and will speak to housekeeping…’ answer. The room service was pretty good. Cost me about $25 for burger/fries and a kids chicken nuggets meal. Pretty pricey for a ‘motel’ atmosphere – but well worth it. I felt so ‘trapped’ at this hotel with no car. There was nothing within walking distance and no bus stop – so we ate a lot at DL and in the room than I had planned. What I saved on the room I ended up spending on food anyway. The next morning we had the princess breakfast PS ressies, and had decided if we woke up to rain to stay in the hotel and watch movies all day! We were going to just skip going.

Again, we were sound asleep by about 9pm and slept until about 8am. We woke up to SUNSHINE!!!!!!! Finally! I felt like the first 3 days of our hopper passes were completely wasted! Thank goodness we could finally enjoy DL properly!

Hahaha!!! I don't mean to laugh but when you bring up the fridge not being plugged in or the elevator not working, it just seems like it's your worst nightmare come true.

SUNSHINE - Finally some good news! You poor things, I know how bad the rains were, what troopers you were to go out all day. We have checked into hotels and I read the room service menu and say "no way am I paying these outrageous prices!" and then one night we will be tired and cranky and order room service, it always seems so worth it at the time, so I understand. You sure are staying at the hotel from hell though, sorry...I am hoping the next few days get better and better, I have a feeling they will :umbrella:

sometimes the things housekeeping does just doesn't make sense. I stayed at a hotel just for an overnight outside of Chicago one time and it must of been 90 degrees in the room, I checked in early around 12:00 and turned the A/C on high was gone until about 11:00pm and the houskeeping staff had come in and turned the A/C off, go figure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter