Parks Game...Part 12! I Can't Believe We're Still Playing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Higgs22

<font color=green>Emperor of the Parks Game<br><fo
OK...here goes...it looks like it's time to begin yet another edition of our beloved Parks Game...Still going strong after 3 years!
It is customary to write a new introduction to each and every thread...but Granny wrote such a good one for the last one, I decided to use that one...(slightly edited to keep it up to date :))

This continues the long-running DIS board trivia game about the WDW theme parks. This thread was begun on September 17, 2001 by supamaki in the days after the 9-11 terrorist attacks, and was a source of escapism and a safe haven in the days following that great tragedy. Since that time, this thread has stayed on this board through it’s eleven previous versions with hundreds of players partaking in the fun of asking and answering questions related to WDW theme park trivia.

There are only a few rules….

You may ask a question after correctly answering a question and being awarded an AAQ (Ask A Question) card.

Questions should be in bold to allow us to follow the game more easily.

Lurking is okay, but it’s a lot more fun to jump in and guess! There is no punishment for wrong answers here!!

Questions should be focused on the four WDW theme parks in order to maintain our place on this board. A continued thank you to the moderators for allowing this game to continue for more than 3 years.

And, in keeping with Parks Game tradition, we will begin this thread with the question that started it all….

In what WDW attraction is there a dog named Nana? And what year did it open?

Now, come on in and join the fun!

In honor of today...

Today marks the 33rd and 22nd anniversaries of what two important events in WDW history?

carpe....wow, thanks for reminding me about that. I can't believe I forgot that today is THE Day!

The day that WDW (Magic Kingdom) and EPCOT opened, of course.

Higgs....thanks for starting the new thread. Very eloquent! :p

October 1, 1971 - Magic Kingdom's Grand Opening
October 1, 1982 - EPCOT's (in it's capitalized form) Grand Opening

AAQ to Granny. Let's see if we can keep this theme going...

Thanks Carpe...in keeping the theme running,

What were the Adventureland attractions when WDW opened in 1971?

Good morning all.

To think this thread is now up to its 12 incarnation. I remember when it was Part Deux.

I pick out of my pocket a part 11 AAQ card.

What are the tallest structures in each of the theme parks?

-SLouis

MK- Big Thunder Mountain
MGM - ToT
AK - Tree of Life (will Expedition Everest take over?)
Epcot - SpaceShip Earth

Mostly correct for the four carpedm here is your view from the top AAQ card.

Just a side note about Spaceship Earth. I believe the wand which is actually the highest structure in Epcot is not truly attached to the structure of Spaceship Earth. It may be considered a part of each other, but from a civil engineering perspective there are two separate structures.

-SLouis

Doh! I forgot about the wand! (BTW- I hope they remove it soon. I prefer the cleaner look of just SSE.)

Anyway, new question...

Who were the official first guests into the Magic Kingdom on this date in 1971?

Linda....you knocked my Adventureland softball question out of the park!!! A Opening Day AAQ card to you!! :)

Originally posted by Granny

Higgs....thanks for starting the new thread. Very eloquent! :p

No problem Granny...it was my pleasure...thank you for keeping things going during my absence...:)

Anyway....Happy Birthday WDW :Pinkbounc :bounce: :jester: :earsboy: :earseek: :hyper:

What a big day!!

I just wanted to check in and award an AAQ to carpedm for getting the first question on this thread right....

Have a good weekend everyone!

Originally posted by carpedm
Who were the official first guests into the Magic Kingdom on this date in 1971?

This is a guess: Roy Disney & Mickey Mouse.

WOW part 12!!! This is great!

Here's my guess to the "first guests":

Sharon and Diane Disney (Walt's Daughters)

MCMom

Sorry, not Roy and Mickey, or Sharon and Diane.

I guess I should specify paying guests.

Wow! A park Games part 12. :earseek:

The people were.......... umm. I really have no clue.
John Waregenty and Marie Waregenty

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter