Park Hoppers...Afternoon or Morning Park FP?

Megan Havard

Earning My Ears
For those that Park Hop on their trips, do you tend to book FPs for your morning or evening parks? Why? I appreciate any tips! This is my first trip to WDW and we have 9 in our party. 2 that cannot ride every ride.

For those that Park Hop on their trips, do you tend to book FPs for your morning or evening parks? Why? I appreciate any tips! This is my first trip to WDW and we have 9 in our party. 2 that cannot ride every ride.
If the 2 are short children, also search this forum for Rider Swap. You can use the Rider Swap/FP combo to utilize more FP options.

The FP FAQ Addendum at the top of this forum also has park hopping tips. If your group is planning to arrive at the parks a little before they open, book your FPs for Park #2.

We set up fast passes starting in the afternoon at the park we're hopping to.

Reasons:
-You really don't need FP's for the first few hours a park is open. Take advantage of low crowds and ride with short waits. Some people enjoy setting up fast passes at say 8 or 9am, but I don't see the point. It's a waste imo when the ride is a 5 min wait. So if we're in a park all day, we'll start FP's around 11 or noon.
-some just try to schedule FP's early, knock them out, then go for as many extra FP's as they can. Again, doesn't make any sense to me. I'd rather have FP's later when crowds are busy, and have FP's for popular rides when wait times are long.

So we hit the first park, head back to the hotel to nap, shower, eat, then head to second park. So most of the time when we hop, which is nearly daily, we start our FP's around 4 or 5pm

Agree with CAS239. We rope drop on all park days and save the FP's for the evenings when we hop. We usually stay at the WL and like to end our days in the MK. We're guaranteed at least 4 rides there.... 3 FP rides and then jump in the queue for whatever additional ride we want right before park closing. I feel like I'm wasting them during the day... even though we can book others as we go after the first 3 are used. I just don't want to work that hard for FP's and plus the selection is slim by that time of day anyway. We get all the rides we want at rope drop by going early and then have no waits (or very short waits) for rides at night as well. It works great for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter