Park Faire or Boma's?

MichelleB

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to decide on a restaurant for our first night. It's between Park Faire and Boma's. I know Park Faire is a character meal but that doesn't matter to us...kids are DD19 and DS16 and my parents who aren't big character people. We're staying at the Grand Floridian for our first night which is why I added Park Faire as an option. We really like Boma's dinner but haven't done Park Faire in probably 15 years. My family is arriving around noon and going to Animal Kingdom but my parents won't arrive until around 6 p.m. and will go to the resort first and aren't doing a park that day. We'll all meet up for dinner. Which would you choose????

Based on your plan that day, I would do Park Faire. I wouldn't want to travel to a resort that is so far away for dinner on my first day (although you are on the monorail so I would go to the Poly or Contemporary since they are so close).

Of the two, I would do Boma which has much better food (your parents could just take a cab or uber to AKL). If you aren't interested in the characters, I wouldn't go to 1900. I would probably opt for GF Cafe over 1900 - better food, better price. I agree with PP, if it's of interest to you, look at some of the other restaurants on the monorail - The Wave or O'hana, perhaps. You could bus to a monorail resort from AK and your parents could simply take the monorail (or walk to Poly).

If it was only those 2 choices, I would say definitely 1900. That just seems like a lot of work for your parents to eat a dinner. Yes Boma is good, but if they travelled a long way, I know I personally wouldn't want to travel all day, check into my beautiful resort, and then have to leave it just to eat at another resort. And not a close resort that is walkable or monorailable like the Poly or the Contemporary. The GF is so amazing, I would want to spend as much time there as possible! And although 1900 isn't as "good" as Boma, Boma also isn't located off the lobby of your hotel! I would eat at 1900, and then spend after dinner strolling the grounds, maybe watching the fireworks or EWP from the beach, maybe walk to the Poly, and make that the night. It just seems like a lot of extra travel when there is a perfectly good restaurant steps away. As a PP has mentioned, 'Ohana at the Poly is great too! Enjoy your trip and enjoy the GF!!

Thank you all! We're moving from GF to Poly after the first night so didn't want to go there. Think I'll give my parents the choice. They asked about Boma because they liked it from a previous trip but I added Park Faire for the location. We'll be on the dining plan the first night so I want to do a TS that they'll enjoy that is a good deal on the plan. My kids are really picky eaters so a buffet is the best option.

We never miss Boma so my choice is obvious. However it will definitely be easier for your parents to go to Park Faire. I would let your parents decide.

Boma. No question. Dinner at 1900PF is loud and full of kids wanting to meet Cinderella. Boma can be busy, and of course there are kids, but there's a level of "frantic" that is absent at Boma. Food is better at Boma- how often do you get African-inspired cuisine? 1900PF food is OK, but it's a generic buffet fare. We liked 1900PF well enough, but it's not as good or relaxing as a meal at Boma.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter