• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Papa? Do you think I'm...odd?"

Searching4Neverland

Mouseketeer
Lately I've been feeling kind of like Belle...ya know, I'm a Disney nut, and this board makes me feel not so alone, I guess, because nobody gets it. Everyone's always like, "Why do you like Disney so much? You are so weird." I'm 19, and it usually doesn't bug me, but every now and then it pricks just a little. It's sort of lonely. Does anyone else feel the same?

Actually, while I get picked on a bit, most people find it quite cool that I want to be an Imagineer when I'm older.

The extent at which I study Disney opens me up to some criticisms, but I take them in stride.

My teachers and friends know that I can pull a Disney reference out of just about anything. My Brit Lit teacher and I discussed how EPCOT is themed like a World's Fair, and Victoria and Albert's in the GF is themed to the Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, and the Crystal Palace at the MK is vaguely inspired by their Crystal Palace at the world's fair/expedition.

I am 17 and I have been around my friends enough that they know me and accept me for my love of Disney and Twilight. Occasionally they make fun of me, and sure it would be nice to meet someone at school with a similar interest, but that is what I have these boards for. People just like me who love Disney and aren't ashamed of it :)

I love Disney World and i'm a 15 year old MALE. So you're not weird, you just enjoy good entertainment,

Im 16 and male. Not many people at my school knows I love everything disney. But i do defend anything disney when the time comes once in a while.

People know I'm a Disney Dork. Sometimes it offends me, but mostly I'm good with it. I'm proud to love Disney.

The other day, my friend was like, "I like rollercoasters, but I can't go to WDW." (I asked her if she was going on the music trip in Spring with my school)
And I said, "There's not many rollercoasters at Disney."
She's like, "Really? Then what rides are there?"
I was like.. :scared1: "Do some research. There's lots there."
She was like, "Isn't it just for kids?"
I was like, "No, it's not!"

I really got on her for that... :rotfl2: But I wasn't TOO mean. :stir: I just wanted her to know there's more at WDW than kiddie stuff. The "kiddie stuff" is very awseome tho. :goodvibes

I feel ya! I'm eighteen and now that I'm in college people are surprised that I still love Disney. They think it's funny to try and get a rise out of me by saying that Disney films are racist and horrible things about Walt. But I just smile and sing songs from the Little Mermaid in my head to drown it out, hehe.

Forget about them! Disney is wonderful.

Forget about them. People who don't like disney are just total downers!

At my high school I am known as the Disney nerd.
I had to keep correcting people saying ride names wrong.
"The roller coaster of rock" :sad2:

i love WDW my age is classified but i am now a teen so that should help narrow it down and i have a friend thats one year older then me and she loves disney to and my mom and dad and uncle and aunt my grandmas all love WDW so take that people who dont like Disney!! cuse they say there to old ha yeah i went there ! !. :banana: And dont you just hate it when people call space ship earth the big ball.

Just a little perspective from an adult Disney fan. I'm 43 and my co-workers and friends make fun of my love of Disney. They don't understand how I could go to the same place again and again for vacation. It's not something I can explain to them, it's just the way it makes me feel. It truly is "MY HAPPY PLACE!" In a way, I feel sorry for them, that they don't have a Happy Place. It truly is their loss.

My DD14 is also a Disney nut but she is fortunate to have a few kids in her class who are as well. It's nice to share with others and not have to explain.

Who cares what they think!

No one has ever made fun of me for loving Disney, most everyone at my school enjoys Disney some what. They just don't see why I get so excited over a new Disney movie :-)

Thanks guys. Most days I don't care at all! Just every now and then I get that awkward, different feeling. :confused3

I'm glad I have this place!! :grouphug:

dont worry, all of my friend sare like, why do you like it? whats to like?

im like well, everything! lol

but i do have some friends who have been to disney as well and they love it :-)

off topic

my school is doing that as our winter musical

I get 10 lines(in the music, not sentences) in the scene "bell" +2 words near the end
get to "dance" in the tavern and wolf scenes
and get to be in the mob storming the castle

sorry for interupting, resume

off topic

my school is doing that as our winter musical

I get 10 lines(in the music, not sentences) in the scene "bell" +2 words near the end
get to "dance" in the tavern and wolf scenes
and get to be in the mob storming the castle

sorry for interupting, resume

im jealous.

Most people think it is neat that Im am so in love with Disney but then every once and a while you get those jerks who just seem to want to put you down for it. My best advice is just to ignore those jerks :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter