Pandora opening?

AllieBoo

DIS Veteran
Hi, I looked at the Disney Parks blog and they say that Pandora is scheduled to open Summer 2017, but they don't mention any specific timeframes. Has anyone heard of a possible opening date for this? We are planning on going the first week of June and are really hoping it's open then.

TIA!

It is opening Summer 2017. If it is based off the official start date of Summer, then the earliest it will open is June 21 and the latest will be Sept 22. All of this is dependent on no delays and being able to open. Some people are speculating Memorial Day weekend. Someone I no through a friend had his wife just apply for a transfer from where she is located to Pandora. Based on information she has, it is looking more like July. Still, it is all a guess until someone at Disney says "Pandora opens on XX/YY/ZZZZ"

They don't mention time frames because there aren't any yet. After the dismal failure of the RoL launch I do not believe we will get a significant announcement until every i is dotted and every t is crossed, 5 times over.

Another point to make is James Cameron is a perfectionist. He will not allow it to open until it is ready. I am sure he has some form of voting power in the opening date. He protects his property pretty well now after what he lost in his divorces.

Another point to make is James Cameron is a perfectionist. He will not allow it to open until it is ready. I am sure he has some form of voting power in the opening date. He protects his property pretty well now after what he lost in his divorces.
Is there anything that shows (or can someone tell) what we know about what will be in there for attractions?

The people who really know aren't talking.

THIS. And those who are talking, don't really know.

Add Joe Rohde's perfectionism to Cameron's ........... the punch list could be quite intimidating.

I thought the same thing! We'll be very lucky if it ever passes muster for both of them.

While I am sure they will each have their own issues, let's hope there are not issues with each other's issues ..... :chat:

This of course I disagree with because some people who do talk do know.

After the whole ROL issue for sure, anyone who does know, knows better than to talk to anyone who would post on boards.

But that doesn't stop folks from talking like they know it all.

I mean like ROL, we can all keep throwing dates out there, eventually it will be right, but doesn't mean anything was known.

It doesn't help anyone looking for solid information for planning to read things presented as fact, when in fact it's more guessing.

I think it's best at this point to just wait on it to open.

Last edited:
After the who ROL issue for sure, anyone who does know, knows better than to talk to anyone who would post on boards.

But that doesn't stop folks from talking like they know it all.

I mean like ROL, we can all keep throwing dates out there, eventually it will be right, but doesn't mean anything was known.

It doesn't help anyone looking for solid information for planning to read things presented as fact, when in fact it's more guessing.

I think it's best at this point to just wait on it to open.
Many things are right at the time but things change. Most companies Disney included are very fluid when it comes to new ideas and projects. I am a firm believer that many of the rumors that are tossed around are real projects but may never happen because that's just how things work.

I don't post guesses, I post things from credible sources with info that is reliable. Again Things change and those sources will be the first to tell you that.

Don't visit the rumors and news if you don't want to deal with rumors. It's that simple.

I know they were speculating (on the DIS Unplugged WDW show on Jan 10th) that an announcement might come sometime March 6th through 10th because the View is going to be filming at AK (which they thought was kind of random to pick AK)

And they were speculating that since the "Florida Resident Discover Disney" tickets had this fine print:
"Excludes the following blockout dates at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park only: May 27 through June 9, 2017."

That this might be when Pandora is opening.

I know they were speculating (on the DIS Unplugged WDW show on Jan 10th) that an announcement might come sometime March 6th through 10th because the View is going to be filming at AK (which they thought was kind of random to pick AK)

And they were speculating that since the "Florida Resident Discover Disney" tickets had this fine print:
"Excludes the following blockout dates at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park only: May 27 through June 9, 2017."

That this might be when Pandora is opening.
Yes that is what everyone is speculating right now.

HuH? There's a Pandora opening in Florida......In the Summer?:confused3

:teeth:LoL...Sorry I couldn't resist..

As of right now, the rumor is it will open towards the end of May. That is due to blackout dates for Animal Kingdom on tickets issued to only Florida residents I believe. That being said, anything can change. Summer 2017 is the only announcement Disney has made, but that can change at any time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter