Packed & Moved..Disboutiquers Part 6 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
:mad: WHY can't I get a Cinderella cake for my daughters birthday IN WDW???? We had reservations for 16 for dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe. The dining agent said we could order a custom cake and here is the #. BUT come to find out custom means I can get her name put on it. GRRR...The only way to get a pretty cake w/ Cinderella on it is to be dining in a resort whose bakery does this. GF is one of them maybe the only one, I don't know. But I knew they did the specialty cakes. MOSTLY all I wanted was a darned chocolate cinderella cake topper (15$) Not only could they not get make a cake and transport it to WCC OR let me pick it up but I couldn't even get my hands on a stupid cake topper. I went out of my way to plan her birthday at WDW. I have 16 people meeting for dinner, some of them driving 2 hours just for dinner and I can't get a stupid Cinderella cake topper for my DD!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: I said that if I had had this information that I would have made reservations at the GF instead but since her birthday is the 19th and we are a party of 16 I'm sure they can't accomodate me. BY this time I am talking to a manager at GF's dining service b/c I am ticked- and trying to be nice and pleading instead of just TICKED OFF. She says would you be interested in a reservation at the Cafe?? NO. She asked what restaurant I would like to eat at if she could get us in I said I would change to 1900 Park Fare if they could get us seated at a reasonable time and we could all sit together (they had told me at WCC that we weren't guaranteed table together b/c of our #) and VOILA a res. for 16 at 1900 PF @5:00 w/ 5 days notice. ANd we got a Cinderella AND a red Power Ranger cake toppers for the cake (it's my nephews b-day on the 23rd)
Now I'm kinda wondering if I didn' tcut off my nose to spite my face. My family would have really enjoyed WCC, it's fun. AND they did say we could bring in our own cake. There is a publix not far...but think about transporting a 1/2 sheet cake to the restaurant and then having room for it at the table(they won't store it in the kitchen) it just seemed like a hassle. SO now I've changed our reservations to a place not everyone will enjoy as much and paid an extra $30 (cake toppers) for a cake so that I could have a cinderella cake topper. It sounds silly now...but I was really mad and just wanted my way.
OH WELL, I can cancel our Akershush ressies since Little will be meeting Cinderella at dinner and we can go to Animal Kingdom b/c she has been telling everyone she is going there for her BD:cutie:

I'm done.
...t.

Good afternoon all! I have been trying to catch up from out trip out of town for the 4th...you guys are just too fast! Everything is just awesome and I hope a year from now I am half as good as you guys are!

My sewing maching should be here on Wednesday. I have some plans for things to try first...I'll be sure to post them when I get them completed. I want to make a Criss-Cross dress for the girls for Crystal Palace, but am going to try some easy fit pants first.

Speaking or preparing for our trip, my mom and I cut out all the pieces for Claire's Snow White costume yesterday...hopefully she will start sewing it this week. My MIL has finished a dress for Molly for the trip and is now working on a matching one for Claire. It is still at her house and I haven't seen it finished, but will get pics when I get it from her, hopefully this week.

We leave in 82 days...it is going by so quick!

:mad: WHY can't I get a Cinderella cake for my daughters birthday IN WDW???? We had reservations for 16 for dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe. The dining agent said we could order a custom cake and here is the #. BUT come to find out custom means I can get her name put on it. GRRR...The only way to get a pretty cake w/ Cinderella on it is to be dining in a resort whose bakery does this. GF is one of them maybe the only one, I don't know. But I knew they did the specialty cakes. MOSTLY all I wanted was a darned chocolate cinderella cake topper (15$) Not only could they not get make a cake and transport it to WCC OR let me pick it up but I couldn't even get my hands on a stupid cake topper. I went out of my way to plan her birthday at WDW. I have 16 people meeting for dinner, some of them driving 2 hours just for dinner and I can't get a stupid Cinderella cake topper for my DD!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: I said that if I had had this information that I would have made reservations at the GF instead but since her birthday is the 19th and we are a party of 16 I'm sure they can't accomodate me. BY this time I am talking to a manager at GF's dining service b/c I am ticked- and trying to be nice and pleading instead of just TICKED OFF. She says would you be interested in a reservation at the Cafe?? NO. She asked what restaurant I would like to eat at if she could get us in I said I would change to 1900 Park Fare if they could get us seated at a reasonable time and we could all sit together (they had told me at WCC that we weren't guaranteed table together b/c of our #) and VOILA a res. for 16 at 1900 PF @5:00 w/ 5 days notice. ANd we got a Cinderella AND a red Power Ranger cake toppers for the cake (it's my nephews b-day on the 23rd)
Now I'm kinda wondering if I didn' tcut off my nose to spite my face. My family would have really enjoyed WCC, it's fun. AND they did say we could bring in our own cake. There is a publix not far...but think about transporting a 1/2 sheet cake to the restaurant and then having room for it at the table(they won't store it in the kitchen) it just seemed like a hassle. SO now I've changed our reservations to a place not everyone will enjoy as much and paid an extra $30 (cake toppers) for a cake so that I could have a cinderella cake topper. It sounds silly now...but I was really mad and just wanted my way.
OH WELL, I can cancel our Akershush ressies since Little will be meeting Cinderella at dinner and we can go to Animal Kingdom b/c she has been telling everyone she is going there for her BD:cutie:

I'm done.
...t.

If it makes you feel any better, Cinderella is not usually at the princess meal at Epcot...so you made the right decision for your little girl. We have heard wonderful things about the 1900 Park Fare dinner...we are going to try in while we are there in Oct. and are not going back to Akershush because of it. Enjoy! Cinderella is Claire's favorite too!

T - I made this one without a pattern. If you can just follow direction without a pattern (not that I thinkyou can't follow directions ;) ), Teresa added my directions to her bookmarks. It really didn't take more than an hour or so to make.

2008_03200046.jpg

This is the link to instructions I posted before. If you need any other help you can always ask.
http://disboutique.blogspot.com/2008/03/circle-wrap-skirt-by-100acreprincess.html

:mad: WHY can't I get a Cinderella cake for my daughters birthday IN WDW???? We had reservations for 16 for dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe. ...
Now I'm kinda wondering if I didn' tcut off my nose to spite my face.

All I can say is that I do this ALL the time. :)

:hug:

It'll be great no matter what! It's a birthday in WALT DISNEY WORLD! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I am waiting on a box from Joann's so trying to entertain myself otherwise! I took a picture to show you how I can get so much sewn right now, but I can't post it! Although I spent all day yesterday folding and doing laundry and cleaning up! My house looks like a new house today!

I want to see the pictures!
Here is my latest. The kids wore these to our army family support group picinic.

ry%3D320
QUOTE]
Your kids look so cute!

I know I missed alot but nap time is here now!
Nighty Night Jessica!

...t.

Fess up Tifani!!! You really just wanted to meet Prince Charming, didn't you!!!!! 1900 Park Fare is lots of fun! More expensive that WCC, but it's lots of fun! You will have a great time there! What is Lily wearing?

I totally SUCK at following directions. But I will take a look at them w/ my MIL...who is much better at it. and see if we can't figure it out. I am going to look at other circle skirt directions too JIC. I don't necessarily need the "wrap" part. Thanks for the link!!!

NOW that we have reservations at 1900 PF for dinner. I am really kicking myself for not getting her a pettis, I thought she'd be wearing the twirl skirt to Akershush at 11:30 in the blazing sun. Maybe if I make her a simple tutu to go under it it will help a little?????? Is that cheesy?

Fess up Tifani!!! You really just wanted to meet Prince Charming, didn't you!!!!! 1900 Park Fare is lots of fun! More expensive that WCC, but it's lots of fun! You will have a great time there! What is Lily wearing?

Well, I'll consider that a consolation prize:thumbsup2 She is wearing her Cinderell Dreams & Wishes Story book twirl skirt. I am using the cover of the book on the front of her peasant top. I still have to make it. I feel really guilty that she won't have a frill dress for her dinner at PF but I didn't know and now it's 5 days away and I still have to make her minnie outfit AND cindy outfit. I really wish I'd order her a pettis to go w/ it. BUT the whole trip was impromptu and I didn't want to pay extra for it.:sad2:

I'm done.
...t.

Sorry about all the confusion but I bet you will ahve a great time! Happy bday to your little girl!

T - I made this one without a pattern. If you can just follow direction without a pattern (not that I thinkyou can't follow directions ;) ), Teresa added my directions to her bookmarks. It really didn't take more than an hour or so to make.

2008_03200046.jpg

This is the link to instructions I posted before. If you need any other help you can always ask.
http://disboutique.blogspot.com/2008/03/circle-wrap-skirt-by-100acreprincess.html
Very cute! I am off to check out your directions now!

Hey guys, I'm trying to add everyone's trip reports to the bookmarks, so if anyone is writing or has written one, could you go see if it's there? I love reading everyone's so, I thought this would be a good way for me to keep track of them all! :woohoo:

Just send me an email or a PM if I missed any!

Thanks!!!

I feel like I have arrived...i'm on the ever important bookmarks!:goodvibes Thanks! I love reading everybody's TR too...I feel like we get to know each other a little better that way!

Well, I'll consider that a consolation prize:thumbsup2 She is wearing her Cinderell Dreams & Wishes Story book twirl skirt. I am using the cover of the book on the front of her peasant top. I still have to make it. I feel really guilty that she won't have a frill dress for her dinner at PF but I didn't know and now it's 5 days away and I still have to make her minnie outfit AND cindy outfit. I really wish I'd order her a pettis to go w/ it. BUT the whole trip was impromptu and I didn't want to pay extra for it.:sad2:

She is going to look gorgeous no matter what she wears!!! Just don't step on any pins or anything before Friday!!! You better take lots of pictures to share with us!!!! Especially of Prince Charming.....

Has anyone come across any non flannel back satin Disney fabric? Specifically princesses, Minnie, or Mickey. The girls want their jammies NOW but I can't find any non flannel back and it's too hot here for that.
Thanks

I do remember seeing some Hannah Montana satin that wasn't flannel backed. I think it was at Walmart, but I can't be so sure on that. It was either Walmart or JoAnns.

Has anyone come across any non flannel back satin Disney fabric? Specifically princesses, Minnie, or Mickey. The girls want their jammies NOW but I can't find any non flannel back and it's too hot here for that.
Thanks

I checked JoAnn's. They had several princess and fairy prints on satin but I didn't see any Mickey or Minnie. They feel fairly lightweight but I do think they are considered flannel back because the back feels slightly fuzzy and the fabric itself has a bit more body that satin often does.

Here is my latest. The kids wore these to our army family support group picinic.

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

Those are cute! I hope you all had a great time.

Hi Everyone,

Well, here are my MT souviniers!! The Kallispell Joann's was AWESOME!! I found the Mickey Disco Dot I wanted for $3/yard!!! They only had about 2.5 yards, but I was very happy! Also, does that striped fabric coordinate with the mickey? It was right next to it, but I wasnt sure. Also got some cool tink, snoopy and poohbear!!! Got some disney cuties for 1.50/yard - not my favorite, but the girls just love it!! All the fabrics were on clearance except the red/black mickey icons and the summer snoopy!!

100_1312.jpg

100_1313.jpg

Wendy

I feel like I have arrived...i'm on the ever important bookmarks!:goodvibes Thanks! I love reading everybody's TR too...I feel like we get to know each other a little better that way!

:rotfl: Yes, you HAVE arrived!!! :hug:

I feel the same way about the trip reports! It's like I get to know my friends a little better that way! :hug:

Hi Everyone,

Well, here are my MT souviniers!! The Kallispell Joann's was AWESOME!! I found the Mickey Disco Dot I wanted for $3/yard!!! They only had about 2.5 yards, but I was very happy! Also, does that striped fabric coordinate with the mickey? It was right next to it, but I wasnt sure. Also got some cool tink, snoopy and poohbear!!! Got some disney cuties for 1.50/yard - not my favorite, but the girls just love it!! All the fabrics were on clearance except the red/black mickey icons and the summer snoopy!!

100_1312.jpg

100_1313.jpg

Wendy

You gound the elusive Mickey Disco Dot!!! And, at a great price!!!! :worship: You got some fantastic finds!!! I think the strip goes with the Mickey Dots, what were you going to make with it?

I have the pink Pooh one, it is so pretty, isn't it!

Is anyone else having trouble getting Photobucket to load today? It might just be my computer, but it just gets stuck on the homepage, and the homepage has some ICKY YUCKY advertising for some DVD I DON'T want to see! Seriously, WHAT are they thinkig putting that there?????? (I think the DVD is called Shutter? )

The stripe definitely goes w/ the disco dot. WHAT a great haul!!! My Joann's always has CRAP in the way of Disney fabrics. They're all in flannel. COME ON, we live in FLORIDA people!!!!:rotfl:

nope I loaded the pillowcase on photobucket w/ no problems this morning. I have the pink pooh print too, I got on clearance 4 bucks a yd. and the clearance stuff was 1/2 off...SWEEET I picked it up in case we get a BIG GIVE recipient who loves pooh. I find myself doing that a lot now. Saying ooh, I should grab this for a BIG GIVE since it's on sale.:rolleyes: I just am really excited about this project. Although I am a nervous wreck now that I've sent my outfit out.:scared: I hope everything fits right and the pant legs are even.:laughing: That would so suck!

...t.

Here are a few pictures of Camp Promise. It was a wonderful year - only one incident of seizures and some sunburn - other than that everyone was happy and healthy! It was an amazing time, and I learned so much about acceptance, love and taking life for what ya got. Hopefully the campers learned some things too = lol!!!!
100_0965.jpg

100_1172.jpg

100_1187.jpg

100_1196.jpg

100_0979.jpg

100_0967.jpg

100_1047.jpg

100_1087.jpg

100_1093.jpg

100_1236.jpg

100_1260.jpg

Sorry there are so many, but it was hard to choose what to share!! A last one to show you how much snow was left up at Logans Pass in Glacier!!!
100_1146.jpg

And here is a snow ball for all of you!!
100_1142.jpg

Thanks so much for asking and thinking of us while we were at camp!!!

Wendy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!